NWA Weather

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah it was weird, the Weather Channel kept showing it as just rain but not too long into the night it switched over to a sleet, snow mix. But after getting up this morning it looks like it's all melted.

Sounds like you got more that we ended up with in Tulsa. We were supposed to get 5-9 inches, then 2-4, then 1-2 but we ended with a dusting last night and just the 2 inches of sleet left from the last storm. Hey, there is always next weekend...

Sounds like you got more that we ended up with in Tulsa. We were supposed to get 5-9 inches, then 2-4, then 1-2 but we ended with a dusting last night and just the 2 inches of sleet left from the last storm. Hey, there is always next weekend...

Hey.....I want a sunny weekend sometime to go out and take pics too. :lol: But we didn't get too much. I'd say the most I ever saw was a 1/4 to 1/2" of ice and snow. But like I said it almost all melted overnight. Just a little left in some grassy areas.

Well, the weather has slowed down some over the past few days. In fact, it has been quite boring as compared to the past couple of weeks. Temps have been near to just above normal (Normals are in the low to mid 40s for highs and low to mid 20s for lows). Looks like we will stay there for the next couple of days. Friday could be very warm (near 60) before another cold front moves in on Saturday. Highs will fall back into the low 30s for highs with lows in the teens. A little rain or flurries may be possible Saturday behind the front. Nothing to get excited about. Hopefully that will change some in the coming days. :rolleyes:

Looks like we'll have one warm day tomorrow. Before another front comes through and cools things back down again. If having highs next week in the 30's was impressive KNWA is talking about an even stronger front coming through the weekend after. They're talking about the possibility of having highs in the single digits the beginning of February. That's a while off so who know what will end up happening but looks like some seriously cold temps could be on their way.

One warm day today before the next front comes through later tonight or tomorrow morning. Starting tomorrow it should stay near or below freezing for possibly the next week or so. There will also be some chances for light snow beginning sometime Wednesday and lasting off and on to the weekend. It does not look like there will be enough moisture available for a good snowfall, so at this time don't expect too many traffic problems. Ground temps are in the 30s so what does fall should stick quickly.

One warm day today before the next front comes through later tonight or tomorrow morning. Starting tomorrow it should stay near or below freezing for possibly the next week or so. There will also be some chances for light snow beginning sometime Wednesday and lasting off and on to the weekend. It does not look like there will be enough moisture available for a good snowfall, so at this time don't expect too many traffic problems. Ground temps are in the 30s so what does fall should stick quickly.

Looks like this winter is somewhat opposite of some other winters we've had recently. Where it was cold during November and December and warmer in January and February. It's almost February, a little bit of snow would be nice before Spring starts making itself more known a little later in March.

It's sounding more and more like we could end up with 1-3" of snow over the next couple of days. Of course we've seen what's happened with out past 'snow events' so nobody hold your breath. Sounds like the bigger story is the below normal temps for the next week. Could be a while before we break above the mid 30's.

Wow. It's the same temperature in Fayetteville as in STL (13 degrees). Fayetteville has remarkably similar weather conditions to STL.

The wind chill here is 4, though.

Yeah I've compared Fayetteville's weather to some cities out west in higher elevations as well. :lol:

It got down to 9 last night at Drake Field and around 8 for XNA. Looking outside, I noticed a few flakes coming down already. I guess we will see off and on snow showers until sometime tomorrow night. There is a snow advisory out for the area and 1-3 inches will be about it. This system is just not strong enough and does not have enough moisture with it to give us a real snowstorm. Too bad since the ground temps are at freezing and the upper levels are finally are to support a mostly snow event.

Yeah it certainly seems to be hitting earlier than predicted. I still think the main snow will come tonight or tomorrow. But it does seem to be hitting Benton County harder than Washington County as usual. Sounds like some places are already reporting around a half inch. Not sure if this is area of bBnton County or what.

The Weather Service reports 2.5 inches in Fayetteville so far, does that sound about right to anyone? I had to come back to Tulsa yesterday afternoon so I would not get stuck there. We have got about and inch or so here so far.

Looks like more snow will move in this afternoon with an additional 1-2 inches possible depending on where the snow bands can set up. Then turning much colder over the weekend with highs in the lower 20s and lows in the single digits. The more snowpack we have, the colder it will be.

The Weather Service reports 2.5 inches in Fayetteville so far, does that sound about right to anyone? I had to come back to Tulsa yesterday afternoon so I would not get stuck there. We have got about and inch or so here so far.

Looks like more snow will move in this afternoon with an additional 1-2 inches possible depending on where the snow bands can set up. Then turning much colder over the weekend with highs in the lower 20s and lows in the single digits. The more snowpack we have, the colder it will be.

No I can't say I've seen 2.5" anywhere in Fayetteville that I've seen. I'd say more like 1.5", Maybe Springdale. I've heard reports of Benton County already having 3". I've been wondering where today's snow is. Seems funny yesterday most local weatherman didn't expect anything till late and we had snow most of the day. Today they acted like it would be starting somewhat early and so for nothing has happened. Sounds like they got their days mixed up.

No I can't say I've seen 2.5" anywhere in Fayetteville that I've seen. I'd say more like 1.5", Maybe Springdale. I've heard reports of Benton County already having 3". I've been wondering where today's snow is. Seems funny yesterday most local weatherman didn't expect anything till late and we had snow most of the day. Today they acted like it would be starting somewhat early and so for nothing has happened. Sounds like they got their days mixed up.

In Rogers is around 4 to 5 inches. Looks like for once we got more snow than Tulsa.

Well Dan Skoff is still sticking to the area getting another 1-2" of snow tonight. Sounds like we haven't been getting snow today because the air is much dryer. He also mentioned that the winds in the area are blowing out at different directions and with no winds moving into the air is causing air from higher up to drop down. Which also helps cut the precip off. The Weather Service seems to have given up on us though and dropped NWA out of all the winter advisories.

Did anyone ever see anymore snow? Looking outside this morning it looks like we didn't get anything else. Looks like local weathermen were outperformed by the Weather Service for the past two days.

Nothing at all over here in Tulsa, a cold front finally came through earlier this morning at around 5 am or so and temps dropped about 6 or 7 degrees since then. It is funny to see Dan Skoff doing to weather in Fayetteville, he was in some of my meteorology classes at OU back a few years.

Nothing at all over here in Tulsa, a cold front finally came through earlier this morning at around 5 am or so and temps dropped about 6 or 7 degrees since then. It is funny to see Dan Skoff doing to weather in Fayetteville, he was in some of my meteorology classes at OU back a few years.

I think he was in Little Rock for s short while before he came up here. He's mentioned before he has some sort of certification that no other meteorologist has in the state. I think he's had a few problems getting the naunces of the area. I think the Ozarks and our location in them does make it a bit more complicated.

Archived