NWA Weather

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Severe Thunderstorm Watch issed for eastern OK and western AR for this evening. The cold front did not move through as fast as expected so with some daytime heating we now have scattered storms building across Oklahoma (east of Tulsa :angry: ).

Severe Thunderstorm Watch issed for eastern OK and western AR for this evening. The cold front did not move through as fast as expected so with some daytime heating we now have scattered storms building across Oklahoma (east of Tulsa :angry: ).

That reminds me, I'd really like to get some lightning photography done sometime. Go out on a night with a very good chance of thunderstorms. Find a nice somewhat sheltered place like the parking deck on campus and set up some long exposure settings and try to catch a flash of lightning. Especially if I could get it with a shot of Fayetteville in the background.

• 2 weeks later...

Hit a record high of 78 today. It beat out the record set back in 1951. Pretty nice out today. I've been out taking pics every time it's sunny.

Weather this week has been incredible.

Seems like they said it was going to rain all week.

I'll take this kind of weather 10 months out of the year.

Weather this week has been incredible.

Seems like they said it was going to rain all week.

I'll take this kind of weather 10 months out of the year.

It's still been a bit too cloudy for me. But I've had some chances to get out and take pics so I can't complain too much.

I forget which local news station, but they were interviewing a doctor and she said "STAY INSIDE!" Driving around town today in my convertable, no one seems to have paid attention to her warning. I'm glad the clouds went away, now for that stupid wind to stop would be nice.

And must rain soon...this is March for goodness sakes.

I forget which local news station, but they were interviewing a doctor and she said "STAY INSIDE!" Driving around town today in my convertable, no one seems to have paid attention to her warning. I'm glad the clouds went away, now for that stupid wind to stop would be nice.

And must rain soon...this is March for goodness sakes.

Yeah sounds like the chances or rain for the rest of the weekend are gone as well. Now it sounds like Tuesday is the next chance.

Rain should be coming into the area overnight, it does not look like there will be much if any severe storms with this event. Still could have some moderate to heavy rain and some lightning. Hopefully this will be enough to clear the pollen out of the air. Still a slight chance it could miss us to the west.

Better chance of severe storms coming in around Thursday.

Rain should be coming into the area overnight, it does not look like there will be much if any severe storms with this event. Still could have some moderate to heavy rain and some lightning. Hopefully this will be enough to clear the pollen out of the air. Still a slight chance it could miss us to the west.

Better chance of severe storms coming in around Thursday.

Yeah I keep hearing Tuesday should be the day. Just a little unpredictablility out of the storm keeps it from raising the chances even higher. But it's looking more and more that sometime this week we should get some rain.

I don't know if any of you get Tulsa's CBS station (KOTV) but they have contacted me to do a segment on my Weather Station later this afternoon. They are bringing reporters and a camera crew to my house in Tulsa. So I am getting kind of nervous. So wish me luck, I have never been interviewed on TV before.

Sorry, that was kind of off topic.

There are quite a few chances of rain and stroms the next few days. Once again we do have a shot a being missed. The Weather Service has very high chances of precip but as we have learned lately that does not mean anything.

I don't know if any of you get Tulsa's CBS station (KOTV) but they have contacted me to do a segment on my Weather Station later this afternoon. They are bringing reporters and a camera crew to my house in Tulsa. So I am getting kind of nervous. So wish me luck, I have never been interviewed on TV before.

Sorry, that was kind of off topic.

There are quite a few chances of rain and stroms the next few days. Once again we do have a shot a being missed. The Weather Service has very high chances of precip but as we have learned lately that does not mean anything.

Sweet, good luck. I think the other CBS I get is Springfield. The Tulsa station is the ABC. Tell us how it went and what all you did. :D

Sweet, good luck. I think the other CBS I get is Springfield. The Tulsa station is the ABC. Tell us how it went and what all you did. :D

Well, I think that it went pretty well. Here is the link to it. Let me know what you think.

Here is the video:

Weather Station Interview on KOTV-Tulsa

Here is the story:

Well, I think that it went pretty well. Here is the link to it. Let me know what you think.

Here is the video:

Here is the story:

Finally had time and better internet connection to check it out. Good job. :thumbsup: I don't mean to be too nosy but do you have that equipment only in Tulsa? If you have something like that on the weather underground for Fayetteville I'll have to check it out. I just wish some local media would do a little story like that for UP. :D

Finally had time and better internet connection to check it out. Good job. :thumbsup: I don't mean to be too nosy but do you have that equipment only in Tulsa? If you have something like that on the weather underground for Fayetteville I'll have to check it out. I just wish some local media would do a little story like that for UP. :D

Thanks, no I don't have a weather station like that in Fayetteville. I really wish I did though. They are just too expensive for me to have one in both places. There are some in the Fayetteville area. One is out in extreme west Fayetteville near Wedington Woods, and there is another by Razorback Stadium but I have not seen it in the list for a few months. It was not working properly and I think they took it down. Then there are a few scattered around the rest of NWA, expecially in West Fork, for some reason there are 3 there.

Well that is very cool. Great job!

Thanks Jim, I hope everyone enjoyed it. I was very nervous.

Thanks, no I don't have a weather station like that in Fayetteville. I really wish I did though. They are just too expensive for me to have one in both places. There are some in the Fayetteville area. One is out in extreme west Fayetteville near Wedington Woods, and there is another by Razorback Stadium but I have not seen it in the list for a few months. It was not working properly and I think they took it down. Then there are a few scattered around the rest of NWA, expecially in West Fork, for some reason there are 3 there.

Thanks Jim, I hope everyone enjoyed it. I was very nervous.

Yeah I have seen the others around the area. I was trying to figure out if one of those were yours. But anyway you did a good job. I know I would have been pretty nervous as well. :D

Another couple of hot days today and tomorrow before we get back to more spring like weather. Highs near 80 for the area, which is nearly 20 degrees above normal. Cold front will come through the area Tusday and this will bring temps back down to slightly below normals. Highs in the 50s with lows near freezing on a few mornings. This will also bring a slight chance of rain.

Archived