NWA Weather

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I admit I was sorta wanting to see more. But I doubted it was going to stay on the ground long enough for me to get many good pics while I was off on the weekend anyway.

Yeah, the cold air, for some reason, just could not get into NWA fast enough. Looking at the observations from Wed night and Thursday the Fayetteville airport reported 33-35 degrees for hours during the height of the rain. Just imagion how much snow we could have gotten if the colder air had already been in place. With approx 3.5 inches of rain that could have come out to around 30+ inches of snow.

Thanks for posting the totals from the snow event, Rod. My 8-9 inches in Tulsa seems right on with the maps.

Also, it was the coldest night of the season thus far last night for both airpost reporting stations. XNA came in at 11 and Fayetteville's Drake Field reported 13. My station in my back yard here in Tulsa got down to 9 with help from the 4 or 5 inches of snowpack still on the ground.

Yeah, the cold air, for some reason, just could not get into NWA fast enough. Looking at the observations from Wed night and Thursday the Fayetteville airport reported 33-35 degrees for hours during the height of the rain. Just imagion how much snow we could have gotten if the colder air had already been in place. With approx 3.5 inches of rain that could have come out to around 30+ inches of snow.

Thanks for posting the totals from the snow event, Rod. My 8-9 inches in Tulsa seems right on with the maps.

Also, it was the coldest night of the season thus far last night for both airpost reporting stations. XNA came in at 11 and Fayetteville's Drake Field reported 13. My station in my back yard here in Tulsa got down to 9 with help from the 4 or 5 inches of snowpack still on the ground.

Yeah Dan Skoff on KNWA said afterwards that he should have taken the Ozarks more into account that they tend to slow down the cold air moving in. He didn't really explain it very well but I guess the upwards elevation slows the cold air heading this way.

Yeah we easily beat our record low this morning. Just imagine if we had some good snowpack over here what it could have been like.

Wow great snow pics. I forgot what snow looked like; esp. in the daylight. That was an impressive system that passed thru causing those blizzard like conditions in Oklahoma and Kansas. Thanks for posting those cool maps.

An Alberta Clipper is headed yalls way by early Thursday.

There's still slush and ice on some of the roads throught NWA. I wonder how long it will take to melt and go away.

From what I've seen down on my end it seems to mainly be on the grassy areas, especially on the north side of buildings and such.

Wow great snow pics. I forgot what snow looked like; esp. in the daylight. That was an impressive system that passed thru causing those blizzard like conditions in Oklahoma and Kansas. Thanks for posting those cool maps.

An Alberta Clipper is headed yalls way by early Thursday.

Yeah it's supposed to cool down again, although I'm not sure it will be quite as cold as it had been. But with the southwesterly winds it's supposed to rapidly warm up. By the way Richy I finally saw your question over on the Louisiana weather topic.

Next cold front to move in tomorrow night and it will drop the temps back below normal for the area. Expect highs in the upper 20s and lower 30s for Thursday depending on cloud cover. Then a chance for the coldest night so far thursday night with lows approaching 10 degrees again. No chance of snow but rain will be back in the forcast next week.

The coldest morning so far this winter season. Both Fayetteville's Drake Field and XNA made it down to 7 degrees early this morning. We have alot of winter left so this probably won't be anywhere near the coldest for the season.

Possible, but wasn't it really cold at the around this time of year then it ended up overall being a warm winter? The current trend seems to be overall warm winters with occasional cold snaps.

Looks like we easily beat today's record high. For Fayetteville it was 67 I believe and we ended up getting into the low 70's. In other weather news, looks like there could be some potential for freezing rain or frozen precip late next week just in time for Christmas travel.

Looks like we easily beat today's record high. For Fayetteville it was 67 I believe and we ended up getting into the low 70's. In other weather news, looks like there could be some potential for freezing rain or frozen precip late next week just in time for Christmas travel.

Wow. It's been in the upper 70s here, so you guys aren't very far behind. I figured it was probably cold up there.

I prefer 70s anyway, I just wish it would stay this way all year.

Wow. It's been in the upper 70s here, so you guys aren't very far behind. I figured it was probably cold up there.

I prefer 70s anyway, I just wish it would stay this way all year.

70s would be fine for the summer. But I'd like some cooler weather to get me more into the season. Although I guess I can't complain when I get my heating bill.

On a weird side note I ran into two KNWA weathermen today. Well one of them was the former weatherman. He was at the Lights of the Ozarks. I literally almost ran into him while I was busy taking pics. :lol: I saw the other one in the afternoon when I was doing some grocery shopping. Just seemed like an odd thing to happen.

Archived