Lagniappe

NCB

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Wow that is cool! Thanks for posting the article, Richy!

Here are a few photos of and from the rail-to-trail bridge over the Bogue Falaya River in downtown Covington:

DSC_0144.jpg

DSC_0145.jpg

DSC_0148.jpg

DSC_0153.jpg

Excellent work, NCB! Love the beautiful natural scenery of the area.

You know, NCB, there was a time when I had more posts than you...

Then I got lazy.

Haha, oh I remember those days. I remember thinking it would take me years just to get 1,000 posts. But, as the Louisiana forum began to grow, and eventually became one of the larger forums on the site, my post count went up..and up..and up. :lol:

So, is anyone else eagerly awaiting The Sopranos finale tommorow night on HBO? And if so, what do you expect to see happen?

I've never seen he Sopranos,but I have an idea.

{Marty-I was just takin' what was mine} {Tony-I'll ****** give you what's yours ya little *****}

l :scared: {Tony- Get back here you little filthy *****)

:unsure:l (Marty-heavy breathing) (Tony appears from aroud corner(camera:gun))

(BANG BANG BANG)

:camera: (hearts:blood&guts) :wub:

Edited by dan326

Dan, when you are in the "Members+" group, it means that you are a registered member with more than 100 posts here at UrbanPlanet. A "plus member" is a registered member who has donated $20 to UP, and a "premium member" is a registered user who has donated $50 or more to UP.

More information can be found here.

Basically, you need to show that you are mature and active enough to moderate the forum and be part of the staff. I was appointed mod of the Louisiana and Mississippi forums about 18 months ago, and currently have "mod powers" in 59 individual forums. Neo and monsoon just need to know that you'll be able to help them keep UP a great place to post, and I've tried my best to do that. :thumbsup:

Haha, oh I remember those days. I remember thinking it would take me years just to get 1,000 posts. But, as the Louisiana forum began to grow, and eventually became one of the larger forums on the site, my post count went up..and up..and up. :lol:

Yeah, and I also had to focus on my grades in school. My activity will probably go down a good bit again. I'll still be checking back regularly, but I won't be able to keep on posting 8-10 posts a day (not that I try to, that's just how it ends up). My schedule isn't nearly as demanding as, say, the many architecture students on this forum, but I've always been something of a bookworm.

Hey guys. You won't believe what happened to me. I tried to make a Google Earth style map of New Olreans ecompassing this area(red):

untitledtw9.png

I copy & pasted the map from Microsoft then pieced it backed together on paint and printed it out. Then I cut & pasted the pieces on a piece of cardboard and "laminated" it with puzzle sealer. Then I cut out from colored pieces of paper all the parks, roads, and the river and pasted those. It wasn't until I was about to seal the road,parks,river that I realized one very important aspect: scale. -_- I wanted it to be 1 millimeter = 10 feet, so for example 700 ft One Shell Square would be 7 centimeters. I had voomed down to 300 yards on the map and it had seem big enough but no. A 10 foot tall house would be microscopic, One Shell would be 3 centimeters. So I'll have to start over :cry: (only doing the blue ths time), but this time I'm going to check scale first thing. ^_^

Edited by dan326

Thanks. I'm half way done. Now all I have to do is make and glue on the buildings.

Also what do you guys think are some good, one day drive, on a budget vacation spots. :D

From Baton Rouge? New Orleans would be at the top of the list for me just because there's so much to see and do. Also...explore Cajun Country. Natchez or Vicksburg. Mississippi Gulf Coast.

Hey Dan, same here as Nate.

My wife and I were trying to decide the same thing ourselves for our anniversary. Looks like we might be headed to Natchez instead Biloxi.

I miss the beach this Summer(Gulf Shores AL), but the new baby is still too little to be going there.

Can't wait to see what you come up with in New Orleans where they have 30+ high-rises 200'ft or taller...and Baton Rouge only has 5.

Remember City Plaza is taller than 80ft'; and Two City Plaza will be about 200ft' at the tip of the spire.

Edited by richyb83

Richy- I'd vote for Natchez. Lots of good b&b's there too, though you might need to check ahead of time to see about their rules regarding children. Monmouth Plantation is probably the best of the lot, but it's also the most expensive. Natchez would be a much better place to go with the family than the Coast. As Nate says. however, there's always a lot to do in New Orleans.

Edited by tombarnes

Thanks for the ideas Tom, I appreciate that. :thumbsup: Our baby will not go with us; we will only stay for one night. The Natchez Eola was booked for Saturday; but not Friday. If not a b&b will be the way to go. Thanks again.

I should have asked you about Natchez since you do such a great job keeing the "Mississippi" forums rolling.

Edited by richyb83