Lagniappe

NCB

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

My advice to Dan, since he's never really been to New Orleans, would be to come here first with his parents, and then by himself later on. You have to know where you are and where you're going in New Orleans, as one wrong turn can take you from the Garden District to the projects...or the French Quarter to the projects for that matter. With that said, however, once you know you're way around, you'll be fine. And you can then really take advantage of everything in the French Quarter, the Aquarium, IMAX, National WWII Museum, Ogden Museum of Art, the Garden District, Audubon Zoo, Audubon Park, New Orleans Museum of Art, City Park, and the list goes on forever.

Oh, and of course, you'll know where the best restaurants are...and there are alot of them in New Orleans. ;)

Thanks a lot guys. This is a family trip so no worries. And besides I'm much to nervous to drive so you don't have to worry about me going anywhere by myself soon.I would love to go to New Orleans, but I don't think my mom wants to go there. She says she's been too many times :dontknow: .

Also this will be a multiday trip, I ment a days drive to the place, not a day to go there then come back. If I can't talk her into New Orleans, any other suggestions(can be anywhere across the US)? :D

Edited by dan326

Yo, NCB! I'm going to Washington DC tomorrow! Wish me luck! Don't worry, I'll bring back a lot of pics for you guys (I'll post my pics of that GA State Park when I get back as well), so be on the lookout for them over the next couple weeks!

Also, a short side note, UptownNewOrleans, your signature is WAY too big. Please edit it to 5 lines of text or a 300px wide and 50px tall graphic with 2 lines of text, as per the rules of the site.

Thanks a lot guys. This is a family trip so no worries. And besides I'm much to nervous to drive so you don't have to worry about me going anywhere by myself soon.I would love to go to New Orleans, but I don't think my mom wants to go there. She says she's been too many times :dontknow: .

Also this will be a multiday trip, I ment a days drive to the place, not a day to go there then come back. If I can't talk her into New Orleans, any other suggestions(can be anywhere across the US)? :D

Houston, Dallas, & Memphis would be suitable places.

Does anybody know how to play the piano? I just know the basics. The reason I brought it up is because I found this crazy thing. I wonder if it's even a real song? :shok: It says "Shock therapy may be necessary to finish" in there. I wonder if it's refering to playing the song? :lol:

Edit:( took the picture out)

Edited by dan326

Glad ya'll liked it. :D I especially liked the part when he said " Bumpin' they booties, like they bumpin' booty dolls" and then showed a doll with J.Lo.'s faced pasted on it. I found it on the home page of Youtube. I guess they put the stuff with a lot of views on the homepage.

:lol: And you're right Uptown that was a pretty tight beat.

Edited by dan326

We all love the 1983 music video classic "Thriller" by Micheal Jackson. Well leave it p to somebod to chop and scew and slice t all up, and that's what I'm here to showyou.

The original video

Complete lessons on how to do the dance

An Indian Parody

* A parody of the Indian version were somebody put English subscripts based on what English words the Indian language sounded like(If anything I'd watch this one :lol: )

A stop motion animation with Legos

:D :D :D

Edited by dan326

A few years ago I was riding my bike along the levee on the Bossier parkway when this SUV pulled off the side of the road and two H-O-T girls jumped out and ran down to the "beach" area. They started stripping off all their clothes and were completely nude, playing around and having fun. I stopped on the levee and just stood there and watched. They saw me but they just continued and were laughing. I was just too shocked by everything to go down there and talk to them at the time but I was thinking about it. A few minutes into their little "party" they squatted next to a tree and urinated. My little fantasy ended right there, but it was fun while it lasted. And yes, they'd been out driving drunk before that.

Sure-fire way to kill the mood.

0_rofl.gif0_rofl.gif@SBC's story. What she should have done was go behind the bushes & do work0_rofl.gif

If anyone wants to hear some stories about drunks, strippers, transexuals, angry bouncers, and public urination, I've got plenty for you. I lived 61 feet from Bourbon Street for 18 years...my stories are up there with the best of them. :lol:

:lol: Speaking of nudity, don't they allow full frontal nudity on public television in Europe? We're gettng there here in America. They already show people behinds and one time I was watching a movie with my mom on Lifetime and these two people were having relations and the woman's breasts were showing, but the camera was angled so her nipples where just out of sight.

If anyone wants to hear some stories about drunks, strippers, transexuals, angry bouncers, and public urination, I've got plenty for you. I lived 61 feet from Bourbon Street for 18 years...my stories are up there with the best of them. :lol:

LOL! The stories you must have, NCB!

What are the property prices that close to Bourbon Street? You must have been lucky (the stories aside) to live that close!

I finally got to ride down to New Orleans today. It was only a passing touring, as my grandmother, mom, and I where picking up my aunt from the Amtrak station(she's visiting fom Atlanta) and I must say I was more than thoroughly impressed. The superdome was so big and all the buildings looked 10 times taller than you would have thought from the pictures. Unfortunately it was night so I couldn't catch all the details, but I will be going back(accompanied by an adult) the next chance I get. :thumbsup:

Glad to hear you finally made it into the Crescent City, Dan!

If you were at Union Station, you travelled down Loyola Ave. at some point. Did you drive anywhere else?

And yes, the Superdome is insanely large the first time you see it in person, as are some of the high-rises. If you're mostly used to the Baton Rouge CBD, you'll quickly see the differences between it and New Orleans' CBD if you do a bit of walking. :thumbsup:

Glad to hear you finally made it into the Crescent City, Dan!

If you were at Union Station, you travelled down Loyola Ave. at some point. Did you drive anywhere else?

And yes, the Superdome is insanely large the first time you see it in person, as are some of the high-rises. If you're mostly used to the Baton Rouge CBD, you'll quickly see the differences between it and New Orleans' CBD if you do a bit of walking. :thumbsup:

No we just got off at the Superdome and back on the station.

I haven't really been to downtown B.R. enough to register it as my default idea for what a downtown is supposed to look like. Really when I think of downtown I think of the pretty little downtowns you see on postcards or Atlanta's :dontknow:. Well anyway, what are some of the differences that you are talking about? :)

Edited by dan326

Well anyway, what are some of the differences that you are talking about? :)

Mainly size differences; New Orleans' CBD is quite a bit larger, so I meant you'd quickly see that the first time you walked around downtown, especially if you were mostly used to Baton Rouge's CBD. More buildings, taller 'scrapers, more people, less street level parking lots, more/wider streets, etc. I haven't spent alot of time in downtown Baton Rouge, but I've spent enough time there to see how different it is from what I usually see in New Orleans.