Lagniappe

NCB

Hey guys, just wanted to stop in this thread and let you know that I'll be "back" for awhile...finally. :thumbsup:

I've been doing alot of intern work...along with school...and for the past 4 weeks I've had just about 0 free time. I apologize as I know the forum is slower when I'm not around, but as all of you know, life calls at some points and UP takes a backseat.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hey guys, just wanted to stop in this thread and let you know that I'll be "back" for awhile...finally. :thumbsup:

I've been doing alot of intern work...along with school...and for the past 4 weeks I've had just about 0 free time. I apologize as I know the forum is slower when I'm not around, but as all of you know, life calls at some points and UP takes a backseat.

BC328A.jpg

:lol::rofl:

• 3 months later...

Feels weird having the Lagniappe thread out of the mix!

What's been up guys?

I saw I Am Legend last night and thought it was a great movie. I won't spoil it for anyone, but I will say that the questions about Will Smith being able to carry a movie on his back were certainly answered in my mind; he did an amazing job in the starring role. There is a great mix of action, comedy, and drama, and the story will keep your eyes on the screen for the full 2 hours.

I Am Legend gets a 4/5 on the NCB scale! :thumbsup:;)

I'm doing great Nate! Looking forward to some nice time off with my little 7 month old baby girl for the Christmas break! Next Thursday is the last day of school; we won't return til' Jan 8th! Hopefully celebrating an LSU National Championship too! :w00t:

I'm guessing you have some more free time to catch-up here on UP huh?

Thanks for the head's up, I plan on seeing that movie soon! The year 2012 has some significants :whistling:

Any Eagles fans here? They had their big hits before my time, but I've been listening to them since I found a Their Greatest Hits tape when I was 4 years old. (no joke)

Anyway, I picked up their new album, the 2 disk Long Road Out of Eden, which is their first studio album in 28 years and has 20 brand new songs. I've listened through most of it twice now, and I'm really liking it. If you're a casual Eagles fan, there are a handful of songs I'd recommend downloading off the internet, but if you really like the band, I definately recommend the whole album! :thumbsup:

EaglesLongRoadOutOfEden.jpg

I remember looking at this thread recently, but clicking through so fast I never stopped to reply.

I LOVE the Eagles... I'm going to have to check out that album.

And happy 2008 to you guys as well. My, oh my, how fast life goes by. I remember meeting my wife when she was 23 and I was 21. She recently turned 30 and I'll be 28 in 2 months. Unreal... un-fricking-real. I never thought getting older would bother me, but with every New Years celebration that comes and goes, time begins to bother me more and more. And it really didn't start until I was about 25. In 2 months I will also have been married for 5 years. Wow...

And I never became an architect. But I am doing some architectural photography work for an architect. Does that count? It's a little bit better than saying "I'm not an architect, but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night." ;)

Edited by SBCmetroguy

Any Eagles fans here? They had their big hits before my time, but I've been listening to them since I found a Their Greatest Hits tape when I was 4 years old. (no joke)

Anyway, I picked up their new album, the 2 disk Long Road Out of Eden, which is their first studio album in 28 years and has 20 brand new songs. I've listened through most of it twice now, and I'm really liking it. If you're a casual Eagles fan, there are a handful of songs I'd recommend downloading off the internet, but if you really like the band, I definately recommend the whole album! :thumbsup:

EaglesLongRoadOutOfEden.jpg

That's what I got my Dad for Christmas. I listened to some of it myself (I like the Eagles as well), and I quite enjoyed it. They don't sound like they've lost any of their luster after all these years.

BTW, NCB, have you seen my Flickr lately? I've uploaded some pics to it over my Christmas break. I can't upload any pics while I'm at GSU (Georgia Southern) because the university's internet system doesn't allow me to upload (I don't think it recognizes the uploading mechanism thingy Flickr uses or something--shows how much I know about computers).

Hey Dan326, do you like Pikachu or something? I've seen you use a few pictures of him (her?) as your avatar. Believe it or not, playing Pokemon is one of the things I do to whittle away my time when I'm not in class, studying, or on UrbanPlanet (yes, I realize I'm older than the game's target audience, but hey, I like it nonetheless).

• 3 weeks later...

Everyone post your favorite gun(s) even if you don't like them. I'll start it off. The following are guns I legally own

ak47.jpg-I have another one just like this and both have 75-round drum magazines

M16.jpg-M16, need I say more.

12-shotgun.jpg-Remington 870

Mossberg500-2.jpg-Mossberg Persuader 500 12-Gauge

beretta_9mm_left_l.jpg I have another just like this but silver & black.

:thumbsup:

Edited by UptownNewOrleans

Hey guys, I'll be gone for the next week or so on a spur-of-the-moment trip to Washington D.C. I'll have some internet access, but I won't be on enough to handle any problems. So if you guys have any problems, questions, requests, etc. please direct them to one of the other Southern mods. Thanks! :thumbsup:

Hey Dan326, do you like Pikachu or something? I've seen you use a few pictures of him (her?) as your avatar. Believe it or not, playing Pokemon is one of the things I do to whittle away my time when I'm not in class, studying, or on UrbanPlanet (yes, I realize I'm older than the game's target audience, but hey, I like it nonetheless).

Yes I do ( Pikachu is a boy :) ). I love Pokemon! It's one of the best of all time.

• 2 weeks later...

Well I'm back from Bourbon, and it's safe to say that that is one hell of a party out there. It's well after 3:00 AM and things certainly aren't slowing down. In fact, Bourbon seemed to be getting more packed as the night(or is it morning?) went on. For those of you who are reading this at a much more reasonable hour because you decided to do the smart thing...and not go out to party on Bourbon Street at 3 in the morning, here's a stamped camera shot from 3:04 AM so that you can see what exactly I'm talking about.

arnauds1zc5.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

For those of you who don't know, Mardi Gras is an unofficial holiday in N.O. Hardly anyone shows up to work and/or school.

Actually, Uptown, Mardi Gras is an official holiday. I believe it's considered to be an official holiday over most of Louisiana, but it's really only taken to the max in and around New Orleans/Houma and possibly Lafayette. I'm not sure about Baton Rouge, but I'd love for someone familiar with B.R. Mardi Gras to fill us in. You're completely right about schools and work, though. The most strict employers usually close on Lundi Gras, Fat Tuesday, and Ash Wednesday in New Orleans. But most, and this goes for schools as well, are closed for even longer unless they cater to the hospitality business. As a kid growing up in New Orleans, Mardi Gras meant one thing first and foremost...a nine day holiday. :D