Lagniappe

NCB

Thanks man, and at the rate you're posting, you should be here by....well...tommorow!

:lol: Whatever.

I'll be busy tomorrow, thank you. I'm going to spend the entire morning out taking photos and trying to get my technique just right for tomorrow night.

Keeping my fingers crossed...

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The early bird is here :D I think a couple hundred more posts, and it'll say Im more active in LA than Richmond :lol:

:lol: That wouldn't suprise me.

But that Virginia forum is extremely active! 30,000+ posts! Thats not bad at all!

I just got back from a huge barbeque at a friends house, more beer and burgers than you could even imagine. :lol:

Anyway, I'm getting ready to head down to the Mandeville lakefront for some fireworks. Couldn't make it to New Orleans obviously, but I will be able to provide some pictures anyway.

Ok, so I have s story about why Im in early :blush: Well, I invited friends over to the neighborhood shindig, and we all lit fireworks. So for the first hour and a half, all was good. We had fountains, mortars, roman candles. Then our neighbors come out and give us these rockets to shoot off. So we're like yeah sure. So we set off three at a time, and only two go. So my friend goes back out and lights the third one. Third times a charm? I think not. It shoots up and immediately curves at a direct line headed for the tip of our neighbor's roof. It clips the roof and sparks fly everywhere, and half the rocket is gone. Now there are woods behind our house, and after 104 degrees today, they got extremely dry. So the rocket at this point had clipped the house, and part of it is gone. This sparks something else in the rocket, and it makes it go faster at a downward angle. It's headed straight for the woods. People are panicking, our three garden houses are on. Car wash buckets being filled. The brush is on fire! Were bustin down the gate, the orange glow is getting brighter. We bust down the gates and run into the dark, fire-lit wood. In minutes, the fire is gone, Fireworks show is over, and Im stuck inside. but the neighborhood is quiet tonight, a storm is on its way. Hope everyone has had a good time! i know I did while it lasted, all we have left are mortars, the fountains are all gone, so it was all good. Ive learned my lesson, haha. I was surprised Smokey the Bear didnt show :lol:

I just got back from a huge barbeque at a friends house, more beer and burgers than you could even imagine. :lol:

Anyway, I'm getting ready to head down to the Mandeville lakefront for some fireworks. Couldn't make it to New Orleans obviously, but I will be able to provide some pictures anyway.

Very cool Nate! Have fun down at the lake :D

Oh what a night.... :alc:

Like I hinted to last night, I headed out to a barbeque at a friends in Covington. I really didn't drink much, as I enjoy being able to function through the rest of the night, but there was more beer, burgers, chicken, hot dogs, and of course, women, than you could possibly hope for. :lol: I had an awesome time there, and then went down to the Mandeville lakefront to watch some fireworks and just hang out. And here to, beer was everywhere, but this time, they had Apple Pie! :yahoo: That ended up turning into a giant 4th of July party that went well into the 5th of July. Anyway, had a great 4th of July! And all of this on top of the rain that finally fell last night. And of course, right now, I love being single. :D

Hope you guys had a great 4th too!

:lol: You trying to say something to Brian? Although remember his wife did buy him a Rebel XT. :lol:

:lol: No no no, just throwing that out there, since Brian had mentioned to me some of the fun he had...back when he was single. ;)

But you are right about that Rebel XT. But in a few months, we'll be even! And once I buy that condo in downtown New Orleans with panoramic views of the entire city, I'll have the edge! All I need now is, well...money.

:lol: No no no, just throwing that out there, since Brian had mentioned to me some of the fun he had...back when he was single. ;)

But you are right about that Rebel XT. But in a few months, we'll be even! And once I buy that condo in downtown New Orleans with panoramic views of the entire city, I'll have the edge! All I need now is, well..money.

Yeah you'll probably beat me to the Rebel XT too. :angry::lol:

Ah who knows. I have a feeling that once I get the Rebel XT you'll come back with an EOS 20 or an EOS 30. ;)

No I think I'll be happy with the Rebel XT. If I had more money I'd spend it on some nice lenses. I'm already trying to line up some possible choices. That is when I finally get a Rebel XT.

No I think I'll be happy with the Rebel XT. If I had more money I'd spend it on some nice lenses. I'm already trying to line up some possible choices. That is when I finally get a Rebel XT.

Same here. I've been reading up on multiple lenses and lining up my options for when I actually end up buying everything.

Ok, so I have s story about why Im in early :blush: Well, I invited friends over to the neighborhood shindig, and we all lit fireworks. So for the first hour and a half, all was good. We had fountains, mortars, roman candles. Then our neighbors come out and give us these rockets to shoot off. So we're like yeah sure. So we set off three at a time, and only two go. So my friend goes back out and lights the third one. Third times a charm? I think not. It shoots up and immediately curves at a direct line headed for the tip of our neighbor's roof. It clips the roof and sparks fly everywhere, and half the rocket is gone. Now there are woods behind our house, and after 104 degrees today, they got extremely dry. So the rocket at this point had clipped the house, and part of it is gone. This sparks something else in the rocket, and it makes it go faster at a downward angle. It's headed straight for the woods. People are panicking, our three garden houses are on. Car wash buckets being filled. The brush is on fire! Were bustin down the gate, the orange glow is getting brighter. We bust down the gates and run into the dark, fire-lit wood. In minutes, the fire is gone, Fireworks show is over, and Im stuck inside. but the neighborhood is quiet tonight, a storm is on its way. Hope everyone has had a good time! i know I did while it lasted, all we have left are mortars, the fountains are all gone, so it was all good. Ive learned my lesson, haha. I was surprised Smokey the Bear didnt show :lol:

:rofl:

Sounds like you had a hell of a night too! :lol:

:lol: You trying to say something to Brian? Although remember his wife did buy him a Rebel XT. :lol:

On the contrary, though she had to agree to the purchase since we're married, it's my name on that Best Buy credit card and my @$$ that's on the line if the bill doesn't get paid.

Of course, it does help that she makes twice what I make (and my pay ain't chump change!!) :P

Of course, it does help that she makes twice what I make (and my pay ain't chump change!!) :P

:lol:

What exactly does your wife do, Brian? I know what she works with, but what would the exact title be? Hope you don't mind me asking, I'm just curious.