Lagniappe

NCB

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hey, what about me? I didn't get home until after 8:00 and online until around 9:00!!

Well, I guess you had a life too!

What's going on Brian!? We both went to bed "early" last night, and we had things to do today! :blink:

Well, I guess you had a life too!

What's going on Brian!? We both went to bed "early" last night, and we had things to do today! :blink:

:lol:

Well, my day consisted of working until 6:30-6:45 and then going to visit with my dad at the hospital. Not really fun, but things that had to be done.

And I'm planning on going to bed at a decent time again tonight. It felt good to be refreshed at work today. :)

And I'm planning on going to bed at a decent time again tonight. It felt good to be refreshed at work today. :)

Same here, I'm going to post a few photos and look over a few threads, and then just hit the sack.

BTW, best of wishes to your dad, man. :)

Same here, I'm going to post a few photos and look over a few threads, and then just hit the sack.

BTW, best of wishes to your dad, man. :)

Thanks, man. He's a stubborn old fart and he brings these things on himself by not heeding warnings. I couldn't count the number of heart attacks he's had in his life on both hands... seriously. And this is the second one this year alone. I just hope he gets his act together before he does kick the bucket. He's already flatlined once in the past, en route to the hospital in an ambulance. He's lucky to be alive. He's just got to change some things and listen to his doctor.

Thanks, man. He's a stubborn old fart and he brings these things on himself by not heeding warnings. I couldn't count the number of heart attacks he's had in his life on both hands... seriously. And this is the second one this year alone. I just hope he gets his act together before he does kick the bucket. He's already flatlined once in the past, en route to the hospital in an ambulance. He's lucky to be alive. He's just got to change some things and listen to his doctor.

What's causing all of the heart problems? My uncle has had 3 heart attacks in the last 2 years, mostly from smoking his entire life, but he did quit after the first heart attack.

What's causing all of the heart problems? My uncle has had 3 heart attacks in the last 2 years, mostly from smoking his entire life, but he did quit after the first heart attack.

My dad has smoked all his life, has high blood pressure, is overweight, and is diabetic. He's a trainwreck, and on top of all that, he's been having heart trouble since his mid-to-late 30s and has yet to listen to what his doctor has to say. There was a time last year when he was in ICU and was so bad off, we were preparing to bury him. I know I didn't think he was going to live. Now, here he is at 66 and defying the odds. He's had many, many second and third chances. It's time he woke up.

My dad has smoked all his life, has high blood pressure, is overweight, and is diabetic. He's a trainwreck, and on top of all that, he's been having heart trouble since his mid-to-late 30s and has yet to listen to what his doctor has to say. There was a time last year when he was in ICU and was so bad off, we were preparing to bury him. I know I didn't think he was going to live. Now, here he is at 66 and defying the odds. He's had many, many second and third chances. It's time he woke up.

After all of that, it sounds like he's certainly here for a reason. I wish you guys the best. :thumbsup:

Now I just need to work on myself before I find myself in the same boat.

Any vices?

Cigarettes have caused nothing but problems in my family, and I can't believe I was stupid enough to use them even occasionaly in high school.

I'll see if I can get this to a lighter note. Nate I believe you mentioned something not long ago about being interested in architecture and such. I was curious if you had any favorite architects or buildings. For that matter this applies to anyone else who has any interest in architecture. I'll throw out a few names. I've always liked Antonio Gaudi and Santiago Calatrava. I also like E Fay Jones, I sorta have to since he was a local guy :lol:. But that aside he does have some really nice small stuff as well. Growing up I liked Ceasar Pelli quite a bit. I guess I'm not quite as fond for his work as I used to be, but I do still appreciate it. To be honest I really didn't care a whole lot for Frank Gehry. Didn't hate it but didn't care for it a whole lot either. But it's been growing on me. Although I think I like some of his lesser known work the best. I've been checking out more of his stuff in Dusseldorf and Prague and liking it.

^I've seen Thorncrown Chapel's stuff as well, and I love it. And Rod, Antonio Gaudi and Santiago Calatrava are two of my favorites as well. As for Frank Gehry, I like some of his stuff, and I dislike some of his other stuff. He's alright to me, though.

Edit: I've seen Thorncrown Chapel as well* :lol: Cut me some slack...it's been a tough week.

^I've seen Thorncrown Chapel's stuff as well, and I love it. And Rod, Antonio Gaudi and Santiago Calatrava are two of my favorites as well. As for Frank Gehry, I like some of his stuff, and I dislike some of his other stuff. He's alright to me, though.

Sounds like overall our taste seem rather similar. :D