Lagniappe

NCB

Don't worry man, I will! It's time for Conan O' Brian! :lol:

Well, it seems that I've completely gone out of my mind. In all of this talk about Monday, I forgot that it was still Sunday Night. So I turned on NBC expecting Conan O' Brien's monolouge, and instead I get Meet the Press. :lol:

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Well, it seems that I've completely gone out of my mind. In all of this talk about Monday, I forgot that it was still Sunday Night. So I turned on NBC expecting Conan O' Brien's monolouge, and instead I get Meet the Press. :lol:

:rofl: :rofl:

Okay, Nate, maybe it's time for a short break...

:rofl: :rofl:

Okay, Nate, maybe it's time for a short break...

Oh don't worry, I've had plenty of breaks. Went to get a Shrimp Po-Boy from a local place here in Covington for dinner..mmmm. :D

And it's on about a foot long French Bread, stuffed with fried shrimp and plenty of fixings, and you get a side of Red Beans & Rice and a drink for what? $4.50...not bad! :thumbsup:

Oh don't worry, I've had plenty of breaks. Went to get a Shrimp Po-Boy from a local place here in Covington for dinner..mmmm. :D

And it's on about a foot long French Bread, stuffed with fried shrimp and plenty of fixings, and you get a side of Red Beans & Rice and a drink for what? $4.50...not bad! :thumbsup:

Wow that's cheap! There's a little place not far from my office called Po-Boy Express. Even there, a footlong Po-Boy on Frech Bread, with chips & a drink is nearly $7.

Wow that's cheap! There's a little place not far from my office called Po-Boy Express. Even there, a footlong Po-Boy on Frech Bread, with chips & a drink is nearly $7.

That's all because it's not local. Po-Boy's are even more expensive here on the Northshore than they are in New Orleans, because you have what is really an unlimited amount of choices in NOLA. Up there, I'm guessing there isn't a good Po-Boy place on every corner. I'm also willing to bet what I'm paying 4.50 for tastes better than what you're paying 7 bucks for. It's all about the locality. :D

That's all because it's not local. Po-Boy's are even more expensive here on the Northshore than they are in New Orleans, because you have what is really an unlimited amount of choices in NOLA. Up there, I'm guessing there isn't a good Po-Boy place on every corner. I'm also willing to bet what I'm paying 4.50 for tastes better than what you're paying 7 bucks for. It's all about the locality. :D

You'd be surprised. The guy who owns the store (Mike) used to live in Baton Rouge and play baseball for LSU, and he developed his sandwich based off what he'd had in New Orleans. :)

But yeah, aside from a few small places here that carry Po-Boys, they're not a big deal here. They are good though, and Po-Boy Express is by far the best one I've had this far north. Come to think of it, I believe Mike has a store in Alexandria as well.

Edited by SBCmetroguy

You'd be surprised. The guy who owns the store (Mike) used to live in Baton Rouge and play baseball for LSU, and he developed his sandwich based off what he'd had in New Orleans. :)

But yeah, aside from a few small places here that carry Po-Boys, they're not a big deal here. They are good though, and Po-Boy Express is by far the best one I've had this far north. Come to think of it, I believe Mike has a store in Alexandria as well.

Well, that sounds pretty cool. I'll have to find that place next time I'm up there.

Well, that sounds pretty cool. I'll have to find that place next time I'm up there.

It's worth it. My wife and I are known by the owner's wife as the "Cajun Steak couple" because we both usually get the Cajun Steak Po-Boy. Even without my wife, as soon as I walk up to the counter I'm greeted with, "Cajun Steak!?"

:lol:

But in my defense, there are tons of regulars there since good Po-Boys are hard to get here.

It's worth it. My wife and I are known by the owner's wife as the "Cajun Steak couple" because we both usually get the Cajun Steak Po-Boy. Even without my wife, as soon as I walk up to the counter I'm greeted with, "Cajun Steak!?"

But in my defense, there are tons of regulars there since good Po-Boys are hard to get here.

Haha, yea that sounds like a cool local place. Cajun Steak...sounds pretty good!

Haha, yea that sounds like a cool local place. Cajun Steak...sounds pretty good!

It's awesome... I loves me some Cajun Steak.

Damn I'm hungry. And I'm officially back on a diet today since I've now tipped the scales at 290 lbs. Wow... yikes. That means on my Dr's office scales I'll weigh 297. :shok:

Wow, guys, check out this article from today's Shreveport Times. It's a person reflecting on an Elvis show in Shreveport back in '76, complete with a photo of him from the show and a ticket stub. I found this story to be particularly notable since Elvis actually died only 1 year later. WOW.

http://www.shreveporttimes.com/apps/pbcs.d...03004/1002/NEWS

Wow, guys, check out this article from today's Shreveport Times. It's a person reflecting on an Elvis show in Shreveport back in '76, complete with a photo of him from the show and a ticket stub. I found this story to be particularly notable since Elvis actually died only 1 year later. WOW.

http://www.shreveporttimes.com/apps/pbcs.d...03004/1002/NEWS

That's pretty cool. I bet those are some great memories for that woman. :thumbsup:

Haha! Yep, "that guy from Shreveport" is the mac of posts :lol:

Well spread the news, "that guy's" name is Brian!!

And I'm not quite the mac of posts, but I have noticed I'm by far the only relative newbie with a lot of posts. Oh well, it's fun and it's addicting!!

Later, Tommy... :)

And I'm not quite the mac of posts, but I have noticed I'm by far the only relative newbie with a lot of posts. Oh well, it's fun and it's addicting!!

I do remember for the first 5 or 6 months that he was a member here, mcheiss averaged something like 28 posts per day. :w00t:

Well spread the news, "that guy's" name is Brian!!

Later, Tommy... :)

Haha, will do! And talk about addicting, this place is my obsession when Im around doing nothing. Its nice to meet and talk with people that have the same interests as you :)

28 posts per day!? Thats almost too much!

South of the Border....$75 later :blush: ......Theyll all be gone by Wednesday though!

DSC02529.jpg

Sorry for the darkness, its stormy over here so I closed the blinds and turned on the lights. Not too bright, plus i was blocking most of the light.

Haha, will do! And talk about addicting, this place is my obsession when Im around doing nothing. Its nice to meet and talk with people that have the same interests as you :)

28 posts per day!? Thats almost too much!

South of the Border....$75 later :blush: ......Theyll all be gone by Wednesday though!

DSC02529.jpg

Sorry for the darkness, its stormy over here so I closed the blinds and turned on the lights. Not too bright, plus i was blocking most of the light.

Wow, how cool. I haven't bought fireworks in so many years. I'd considered setting aside a couple hundred bucks this year for it but decided against it. I enjoy watching them, though. HAVE FUN!!! :)

DSC02529.jpg

:w00t:

Geez man, I'm willing to bet you'll have fun with that. Don't burn Richmond down! ;)

Oh and in case you're wondering, I spent a total of $0 on 0 fireworks this 4th of July. It's illegal around here because of the drought, and they're serious.

Wow, how cool. I haven't bought fireworks in so many years. I'd considered setting aside a couple hundred bucks this year for it but decided against it. I enjoy watching them, though. HAVE FUN!!! :)

Thanks :D Around 70 to 80 people show up on our street to watch my neighbors and me shoot off our stuff. Last year was a great turnout, and no cops showed up :yahoo: Down there with the drought and all, Im sure it's a good thing you didnt buy any. It would be tragic to have one go in the wrong direction. Any celebrations in Shreveport, Baton Rouge or New Orleans any of you guys are going to?

Thanks :D Around 70 to 80 people show up on our street to watch my neighbors and me shoot off our stuff. Last year was a great turnout, and no cops showed up :yahoo: Down there with the drought and all, Im sure it's a good thing you didnt buy any. It would be tragic to have one go in the wrong direction. Any celebrations in Shreveport, Baton Rouge or New Orleans any of you guys are going to?

I'm going down to the riverfront tomorrow night. Shreveport puts on a decent 4th of July show, so that'll be fun. What's really cool around here, though, is the New Year's show they put on every year. Well, it's actually a Thanksgiving/Christmas/New Year's show and it's held in November. We just happen to be the home to the only black powder plant in the entire nation, and they really give back to the community every year by providing all the explosives for a HUGE event. As a matter of fact, my father-in-law went with us last year. He thought he'd have fun, but he didn't expect to wind up comparing it to the show they do in Chicago. He was VERY impressed!

Edited by SBCmetroguy

I'm going down to the riverfront tomorrow night. Shreveport puts on a decent 4th of July show, so that'll be fun. What's really cool around here, though, is the New Year's show they put on every year. Well, it's actually a Thanksgiving/Christmas/New Year's show and it's held in November. We just happen to be the home to the only black powder plant in the entire nation, and they really give back to the community every year by providing all the explosives for a HUGE event. As a matter of fact, my father-in-law went with us last year. He thought he'd have fun, but he didn't expect to wind up comparing it to the show they do in Chicago. He was VERY impressed!

Wow! Sounds like there's a lot goin on in Shreveport! Fancy shmancy :lol: Well, you have fun too and try to take pictures! I would, but Ill be in the firing zone ;)

You guys enjoy all you fireworks show's. I'll be sitting here watching them on T.V. I won't even be going to the fireworks show on the lakefront this year. :( And I've been doing that literally forever. Stupid rain!

:w00t:

Geez man, I'm willing to bet you'll have fun with that. Don't burn Richmond down! ;)

Oh and in case you're wondering, I spent a total of $0 on 0 fireworks this 4th of July. It's illegal around here because of the drought, and they're serious.

Haha, that would be the second time Richmond would be burned by Yankees! :rofl: I was born in New York, just outside of Manhattan :D

It does suck that theres a drought. Hopefully you guys will get poured on tonight and theyll lift the ban!

Edited by TBurban