210 Trade | EpiCentre

monsoon

You would be wrong. Lucky Strike is definitely not putting a location in the Epicentre. Thats not to say someone wouldn't attempt to imitate the concept and go ahead with it anyway, which is exactly what will happen if there's a bowling alley in the Epicentre.

Not sure about Fox Sports Grille, except to say they are going to be opening a Charlotte location for sure, but not necessarily in the Epicentre.

Whatever the case may be, it doesn't sound like this project will be redefining nightlife here in Charlotte like everyone was led to believe.

Also, I'd like to add if someone has decidely negative info about a project to share, doesn't mean he/she hopes that it will fail.

It may not redefine nightlife, but it'll be 1000x better than what you had at the site which was nothing. One bldg will never change things overnight, it's about growing and creating options.

Also, I'd like to add if someone has decidely negative info about a project to share, doesn't mean he/she hopes that it will fail.
Thank you! I don't want to see this fail, either. I do, however, know lots of people in commerical real estate who have said nothing but negative things about the project of late. I hope they're wrong.

The St. Louis project was supposed to be much larger than EpiCentre, with 3-4 highrises.

He also has a huge project planned for Milwaukee.

So the answer is.....over-extended. IMO, he should focus 100% of his energy on EpiCentre, make some money, build some more credability, and then look national....but then again, he has made a lot more money than me and he's not that much older, so what do I know.

Ghazi appears to be moving forward with his Torrence Village project in Huntersville. There are a bunch of trenches dug and cement being poured into them which I assume are footers for the building. This is just essentially an 80,000 sq/ft dressed up strip mall, but it does prove he is moving forward in some places. (Construction did start more than a year late)

Just wanted to add a coment.

Each and every day I walk by 210 at lunch and I have to say that I am VERY concerned at the slooooooow snail pace at which they are working. Plus there are rarely more than a handful of workers there on any given day. Considering that this project is still young and that we are still at least progressing (albeit slowly) I will stand by with cautious optimism. However, if I were a bettng man, I would bet that the tower portion of 210 does not get built for quite some time. As much as I know people hate to hear it, the construction pace seems like they are just focused on getting Epicenter up and going (if they can even do that) :(

A2

(one sure fire way to tell how slow a project is going is to use the webcam. There has been NOTHING done on the foundation for the tower portion (210 Trade) for OVER four months. I mean NOTHING !!! It is really kind of sad)

Edited by A2

A lot of workers are "underground" working on the parking deck. Theyre still progressing very nicely, imo. Im still positive about the epi and 210

Todays an optimistic day

UC take a look at the web cam shot from June or July and compare the foundation work to a pic from just yesterday. That is where the real story is. Don't get me wrong I REALLY REALLY REALLY want this to happen, but considering nearly a half a year has gove by since the foundation work began on the tower and NOTHING has changed tells me a lot. There are even ladders and other work gear that do not move for weeks at a time.

A2

Edited by A2

didnt dougie mention that 210 wasnt supposed to start going vert until 07?

Dougie might have, but Ghazi has been touting 2006 ever since he dropped the old convention center to the ground. Now I agree, that would have been impossible given the time table, but I am starting to get that not so great feeling that if the condos were sold "bad", meaning that if the numbers were "crunched" wrong that we could be dealing with a serious delay on the tower. I am still positive on the Epicenter Portion, just a bit more unsure of the tower (at least in the immediate future)

A2

I have noticed that very little work has been done on the actual condo tower portion of the development (which is about 20% of the land area)...but worked has progressed at a nice pace on the rest (remaining 80%) of the project.

Speculating here they could be waiting for the part of the project where the bowling alley and movie theatre would go, to "catch up" to the condo part. It is currently below the level of the condo tower section. All of those buildings will have to be on the same level. It is easier to pour a floor all at one time to keep it level...then trying to match the floors at different dates. My theory will be proved or disproved in the coming weeks as the bowling alley/movie theatre section continues to rise.

Yes, I know there has been speculation that the movie theatre and bowling alley arn't going to happen. I am just using them for location purposes.

Edited by uptownliving

UC take a look at the web cam shot from June or July and compare the foundation work to a pic from just yesterday. That is where the real story is. Don't get me wrong I REALLY REALLY REALLY want this to happen, but considering nearly a half a year has gove by since the foundation work began on the tower and NOTHING has changed tells me a lot. There are even ladders and other work gear that do not move for weeks at a time.

A2

Indeed. Seems to me we are back to the Time is Money thing again. Maybe Charlotte developers have figured out how not to worry about this item.

It does seem to me if they sold all of the units, and that was months ago too, then it behooves them to get the thing built as quickly as possible so they can get their money out of this hole in the ground. I can't think of any reason to delay it unless of course, which as been rumored here, they can't get the numbers to work at all.

Well they sure did pour a lot of concrete last night for a project that will fail miserably. :blush:

I've always thought this. I have a hard time doubting a project that is moving along. Whether they are making changes or not I guess we will have to wait and see, but they are certainly building something!

If changes are on the way here wouldn't there be something going on at the permit office or somewhere?

Most of the changes that have been discussed on here deal with tenets after this thing gets built. Those tenets won't show up in the building permits until its time to upfit the space for each tenet.

I guess it just seems there is some skepticism as to whether this gets built or parts get built as planned, at least from what I have read or read into some posts. Obviously it is getting built. I just wondered if there were doubts about it being done or done with the plans presented whether anything had turned up that indicated changes to the actual buildings.