Pete Hollis Gateway

RestedTraveler

1 hour ago, vicupstate said:

Is this the 2021 Augusta St. location of Berkshire Hathaway?

I believe Norris Auto Sales at 2 Montgomery Avenue is the site. 

edit: nevermind. I see you’re talking about the neighborhood meeting site not the development site. 

Edited by gman430

3 minutes ago, NewlyUpstate said:

I noticed this too and had the same question.  Are notices typically required for projects outside city limits?  Since they are following the city developer-led neighborhood meeting process, I'm thinking that they plan to annex in.

Hmmm, that's a valid point. I hope so! Thanks!

5 hours ago, gman430 said:

It’s laughable that this and many others like it are not in the city limits. I wonder if there is any other city in the country the size of Greenville where you can walk from main st. to the city limits in 10 minutes in several directions? 

4 hours ago, apaladin said:

It’s laughable that this and many others like it are not in the city limits. I wonder if there is any other city in the country the size of Greenville where you can walk from main st. to the city limits in 10 minutes in several directions? 

The second one is already in the city limits and has been for give or take 100 years.   Most cities are undersized compared to their metro population. 

45 minutes ago, gman430 said:

Hopefully the county raising taxes for 2024 and 2025 will cause more residents and companies to look at getting annexed into the city. 

What the county does on taxes has no effect, except perhaps fees for sanitation or something like that. The taxes the PSDs levy WOULD have an impact though.

That said, many areas would see lower taxes/fees with annexation, even as things stand now. 

17 hours ago, gman430 said:

It's interesting to me that this project is being presented under the legacy RDV zoning instead of the newly enacted zoning.  (mix of MX-3 and MX-2)

Anyone know when the hard cut off is for all projects to abide by the new zoning?  At what point do in-progress projects not benefit from being grandfathered?

Edited by NewlyUpstate

11 hours ago, vicupstate said:

The second one is already in the city limits and has been for give or take 100 years.   Most cities are undersized compared to their metro population. 

Yes. But Greenville is grossly undersized compared to it's metro population. No other city, especially in this state has as big of a discrepancy.

28 minutes ago, motonenterprises said:

Yes. But Greenville is grossly undersized compared to it's metro population. No other city, especially in this state has as big of a discrepancy.

Spartanburg is similar and for some of the same reasons, like surrounded by Mill villages that did not support annexation. 

On 7/31/2023 at 7:44 PM, NewlyUpstate said:

There's a developer meeting for a 93 townhome project scheduled for 8/8 @ 6PM at Berkshire Hathaway for the block between Pete Hollis, Buncombe, Alexander St, Montgomery Ave.

This area is in severe need of redevelopment, eager to see what the plan looks like.

DRB Homes is the builder.  Traffic study has been completed. Auto access to all units will be from Montgomery Ave. Market rate units. Property closing will likely happen (provided no hiccups) in Qtr 1 of 2024. Probably no completed units prior to 2026 as still in early stages. More than the required parking will be provided. 240 provided vs 186 required.  Units will face all four streets. Developers expect the project to be a catalyst for more development in this area.

No opposition expressed by anyone, just questions on the project details.  

Edit:  Call for offers is due on the adjoining property on August 15. The Montgomery Ave. project developers have been in contact with sellers. 

1505 Buncombe Rd.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

On 8/11/2023 at 3:07 PM, gman430 said:

Annexation approved unanimously on First Reading. Mayor White stated it should be the most impactful annexation in some time and that it was in the works a long time.  I took that to mean more annexations will domino off of this one. 

37 minutes ago, vicupstate said:

Annexation approved unanimously on First Reading. Mayor White stated it should be the most impactful annexation in some time and that it was in the works a long time.  I took that to mean more annexations will domino off of this one. 

Good to hear but this still is just crazy to look at:

image.png.eca37fba47359d44a023687d9ff8ebb8.png

I mean the city limit lines are a John Daly drive away from Heritage Green in this section; there may not be another city Greenville's size in the country where the lines are so close to it's DT. In NC the city limits would be 4 times the size (Greensboro is 136 sq mi). :wacko:

• 3 weeks later...

Yes, that's the site on the corner across Atwood from the History Museum.

A Comfort Inn sounds kind of lame for this site. Are there any published site plans or renderings?  Comfort Inn just screams suburb sprawl 2 star hotel/motel to me.  Maybe they will use their Rise and Shine design which reminds me more of the more recent Courtyard Marriott designs - https://choicehotelsdevelopment.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/05/COMFORT-RISE-SHINE™-PROTOTYPE-GUIDE_20211.pdf?_sm_nck=1

• 3 months later...
On 8/31/2023 at 4:06 PM, gman430 said:

A site grading permit has been issued for 600 Buncombe Street which I am pretty sure is the Comfort Inn site. Or is it the site across the street? 

Well, I guess not. Weird. No word on the Cline site either. 

Edited by gman430

• 4 weeks later...

Couldn't find any threads related specifically to Hampton Station. Anyone know if there's any rumors about the Birds Fly South space yet?  That anchor site has such huge potential.

I saw that BFS is auctioning off all their brewery equipment: https://www.bullseyeauctions.com/auctions/detail/bw112739 as part of a bank seizure 

Edited by NewlyUpstate