UCF Knights Football

Chemmie

• Replies 287
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What a great day. That entire side of campus was amazing!! Traffic and parking were handled flawlessly, which should be good for the complaining neighbors. I was tailgating at 545AM and had a great time, minus the sunburn. I already bought sunblock for next week's game.

I think the only problems for fans were the concessions, and supposedly the issue has already been addressed by UCF staff.

GO KNIGHTS!!! Get tickets, everyone, this team is going to be good this year. Beating NCState and holding their own with Texas is a great start. We've looked good while doing it, too.

Agree with all. UCF played great. If there is such a thing, that was a good loss. The amount of national publicity that game got is going to help the Knights in recruiting years to come. I am first and foremost a Gator, but would love to see UCF and USF become top knotch teams like UF, FSU (previously) and UM (previously)!

Go Gators and Go Knights.

Those new uni's are growing on me... they make sense; the helmets with the jerseys...

UCF is for real. O'Leary was a little rude to the reporter at the half, but, so what.

UCF can win a bunch of games this year--- the thing to remember is that C-USA doesn't suck this year: So Miss, Marshall, UAB, Tulsa, Houston, etc. are all relatively good teams. UCF's got it's work cut out; Israel is coming on; Kevin Smith is the best RB in Florida;

THe athletic complex is a dandy; the Fieldhouse really adds a northern flair to it; Brighthouse was looking great; great publicity on ESPN2; lots of respect from the commentators who said that UCF should have won the game; I agree.

They just need to keep focus and kick @ss. Time to win some games and become big-time.

Pieson,

Unfortunately, i did not make it over to Lake Claire since i was parked over by the Softball Field with my buddy's RV. However, there were a bunch of older Lambda Chi's tailgating outthere it was a lot of fun. Now for Memphis i want to tailgate at Lake Claire. How early did you guys get there and do i need any special pass from SGA? I heard that somewhere that i did so let me know.

To keep this on topic,

Sunshine? I hope that was a sarcastic comment, if it wasnt, i would love to hear your reasoning behind it and please dont bring up the whole water issue!!

That was issue is funny because it's really the ONLY moderately significant foul-up of the entire day. The media always has to focus on the negative. Nevermind that the Citrus Bowl didn't have a bunch of water fountains, and the ones they did have were pretty disgusting. Nevermind that at last year's USF vs. UCF game at the Citrus Bowl, at 3:30, water ran out by half-time.... they have to find something negative to focus on.

It is true that more concessions and drink vendors are needed, but it isn't the disaster it is being made to be in the media. Some of the people taken away in ambulances weren't even in the stadium yet, they were still tailgating!

Overall, the day went almost flawlessly. UCF did an amazing job planning for the opening of The Brighthouse.

location, location, location....

Hmmm... I think this is actually the BEST part about the new stadium - its location! Not everything belongs downtown, and this is defintely one of those things. Having college games on a college campus is a wonderful thing for UCF and our city in general. Traffic getting in didn't seem to be a problem, and water issues aside, this past weekend appears to have been a GREAT showcase for UCF.

I went to the campus on Labor Day.

What's up with the concrete BALLS all over the sidewalk? There's so many BALLS it will make your head spin.

Okay, enough with the double meanings and what not.

Barnes & Noble: how cool is that?

Dorm color scheme: flat out SUCKS and I'll tell you why: I drove around and saw a lot of new bldgs and parking garages. Even the parking decks are clad in brick pavers and look first class. THese dorms... I just don't get it... I see the aqua highlights and all, but this isn't 1988. I don't get it.

Convocation Center: awesome building. in fact, the entire sports complex is really nice. I like it alot. The Bright-HOUSE even looks cool. I'd like to hang around there during tailgating for the Texas game, but those beotchs scheduled it at the same time as the UF-UT game in Gainesville. I am torn, but I'll figure it out soon enough.

That color scheme is weird. I'm a Florida Alum, and we certainly don't have any Miami Vice buildings straight from the 1980's on our campus. Otherwise, I thought your campus was very nice, and nicer than ours in some places. I havn't been over that way in a long time. I kept thinking that was primer paint or just temporary paint until that area of campus is completed. Stadium is a good stadium, but doesn't fit in with all those weird colored buildings around it.

As a UCF alumni myself, I must say I'm very proud and happy for our hometown U. now that it has it's own home field.

That having been said, and forgive me if this sounds negative... but isn't that stadium basically kind of a slightly dolled-up Tangerine Bowl?

It would've been nice if they could've gotten the money to build it out of concrete.

I love that red brick around the outer columns, I just wish there was more of it.

your right.But they can add upper decks in the future easily making it 70,000 hope that day comes.It could be if UCF start winning alot of games.We do have the fan base here

What a great day. That entire side of campus was amazing!! Traffic and parking were handled flawlessly, which should be good for the complaining neighbors. I was tailgating at 545AM and had a great time, minus the sunburn. I already bought sunblock for next week's game.

I think the only problems for fans were the concessions, and supposedly the issue has already been addressed by UCF staff.

GO KNIGHTS!!! Get tickets, everyone, this team is going to be good this year. Beating NCState and holding their own with Texas is a great start. We've looked good while doing it, too.

I couldn't have said it better.Iam a big UCF fan i live in Lake County and work alot of weekends.I go to every game if i can.My question is to all the UCF fans out ther.Do you tink the fans will keep going to all the home games?I hope so we need to support our guys.Hefully one day we will have a 70,000 fan stadium.NOt a strech at all this could happen sooner that u think! Go knights!!!

LOCATION for this stadium is right where it should be!!! ON CAMPUS!!!!

I never liked going to the Citrus Bowl it just never felt like home! and the sense of pride and ownership i think we all got going into BHNS is not there at the Citrus Bowl or Downtown.

I love downtown, however, UCF needed the stadium on campus.

I couldn't have said it better.Iam a big UCF fan i live in Lake County and work alot of weekends.I go to every game if i can.My question is to all the UCF fans out ther.Do you tink the fans will keep going to all the home games?I hope so we need to support our guys.Hefully one day we will have a 70,000 fan stadium.NOt a strech at all this could happen sooner that u think! Go knights!!!

We should throw an UP tailgating event :) I'm going next weekend... Tickets are still available (and if you're a student - they just opened the lottery back up). I have a few players in my Management class and you know what - these guys WANT it. They are determined if not this year, then next, to be a ranked, well respected team! I think it is entirely possible...

GO KNIGHTS!

Pieson,

Unfortunately, i did not make it over to Lake Claire since i was parked over by the Softball Field with my buddy's RV. However, there were a bunch of older Lambda Chi's tailgating outthere it was a lot of fun. Now for Memphis i want to tailgate at Lake Claire. How early did you guys get there and do i need any special pass from SGA? I heard that somewhere that i did so let me know.

To keep this on topic,

Sunshine? I hope that was a sarcastic comment, if it wasnt, i would love to hear your reasoning behind it and please dont bring up the whole water issue!!

hah well, we have designated tailgating teams who actually got out there at 5:30 in the morning and we will probably be doing the same this comming weekend

I believe we had some where in the neighborhood of 600+ beers, which proved to be not nearly enough, as we had one of the most popular tailgating areas on campus

as far as parking, they have waived all parking rules, to allow anyone to park on campus without a parking pass(with the exception of the gold zone) I parked in the west parking garage by VAB and it worked out quite well for me

Lets go Knights! and I hope to see you out, we had quite a few alum out last week

Ticket sales for this weekend are already approaching the 42K mark!!

They are for sale on Ticketmaster.com right now and are selling fast. Come on out and help UCF sell out their second game in a row. Plus, get a free bottle of water! :lol:

Come on out and have a good time.

Pieson, were you with the group that had the DJ and the Monster Energy Drinks? I saw they had what looked like a hundred cases of beer. We were tailgating right next to them, against the parking lot. I was there at 5:45AM and there was one guy watching over the beer. Sucks to be a pledge. I'll be out there at 5:45AM again this week!

GO KNIGHTS!

Archived