UCF Knights Football

Chemmie

• Replies 287
  • Created
  • Last Reply

^ UCF's plan was to become #2 in the nation (behind Arizona State) after a certain number of years (10 maybe). However with the budget cuts, next year's freshman class doesn't include any growth over this year's, so we'll see if that trajectory can continue.

UF is No.2 right now... when did ASU become No.1? I thought OSU, Texas, and/or Penn St. were at the top as of last year or so...

ASU isn't number 1 yet.

The target for ASU is close to 100,000 students.

The target for UCF is 60,000-65,000.

The other major universities are already closing in on build-out (at least for the short term). If I recall correctly, UCF and FIU are the two Florida universities designated to absorb the most growth over the next 10 years. No printed source available; just conversations with UCF administration.

The most current rankings available (Fall 06) go OSU, ASU, UF, Minnesota, UT, UCF.

Satellite campuses are included if they are not stand-alone institutions. UCF's count includes Cocoa, DT, Osceola, and whatever other numerous branch campuses. On the flip side, my hometown school, USC-Aiken (as well as the other USC branch campuses) is counted as a separate institution from the University of South Carolina when tabulating enrollment, as it does act as a stand alone 4-year school, even though a USCA grad receives the same diploma as a USC grad...

ASU's Tempe campus is the main campus, but I believe their #'s are seriously on the rise in DT Phoenix and probably ton's of other satellites... Like I said before, my stats are anecdotal, but from people whose job it is to know these things, so I feel pretty comfortable with them.

Currently, UCF's main campus population is ~41,000. The reported stat for the enrollment rankings (including branches) is the 47k-48k figure you commonly hear.

I was @ the game IIRC the announcer said around 42K. Very good game, BTW.

Sentinel reported that number was inflated because that was ticket sales and not actual attendance. I think it was Bianchi and he said there were at least 7-10k empty seats in the stadium. Either way, it was also reported that it was a good crowd.

UCF is on it's way. 2-1; with a showdown vs. USF coming in a few weeks (ranked). beat them, which they are very well capable of doing and wala, instant success.

Too bad the game is at Ramond James Stadium. This would have been a good game for the new stadium, and a definite sell out. USF looks really good this year and actually might not be ranked as high as they should be because they are new to big time football. They play West Virginia this Friday. We'll find out how good they really are. If USF beats WV or plays them close and then UCF beats or plays USF close UCF could end up ranked this year. It could happen.

Too bad the game is at Ramond James Stadium. This would have been a good game for the new stadium, and a definite sell out. USF looks really good this year and actually might not be ranked as high as they should be because they are new to big time football. They play West Virginia this Friday. We'll find out how good they really are. If USF beats WV or plays them close and then UCF beats or plays USF close UCF could end up ranked this year. It could happen.

UF needs USF to beat WVU this friday. that's a different story altogether.

then, if UCF beats USF, it will be a HUGE win. But UCF will not end up ranked without a win over USF. They still haven't proven they could beat a big time team yet (even though they shouldv'e beaten Texas...)... the fact is that they haven't done it yet and they really need to to turn the corner. all the pieces are in place... stadium... ex GaTech--ND coach... top 3 running back in the NCAA... must beat USF.

UF needs USF to beat WVU this friday. that's a different story altogether.

then, if UCF beats USF, it will be a HUGE win. But UCF will not end up ranked without a win over USF. They still haven't proven they could beat a big time team yet (even though they shouldv'e beaten Texas...)... the fact is that they haven't done it yet and they really need to to turn the corner. all the pieces are in place... stadium... ex GaTech--ND coach... top 3 running back in the NCAA... must beat USF.

I couldn't agree more.As far as usf is concerned they seemed to have really outpaced us [uCF} as they until this year seemed to have out done us in almost every aspect recuiting,wins more exposure and a better conference[big East].Now though it seems that ucf is turning the corner.With the new stadium and fieldhouse an on campus stadium that will really help in years to come especially recuiting.What bothers me most is the fact we have UCF alumni right here in this area that would rather stay home and watch UF.I am from Kentucky and live in Lake CO.I go to every game i can when not working.I dont understand why these people dont come out and support the Knights.As i said b/4 with a good year this year keep adding the wins and less losses this stadium could easily add another 20,000 seats.I hope this happens GO KNIGHTS!

hey Mo!

it was great seeing you today at the game

glad you made it our to our tailgate

hope to see out again soon

and I think im still drunk, which is a good thing

GO KNIGHTS!

3-1!

Good seeing you there! Definately Good times.

I highly recommend tailgating on memory mall, and if you havent definately go check out a UCF game and Support our local school.

Forget about them Gators, Noles, Canes. WE have the KNIGHTS here with an awesome atmosphere and team.

Good seeing you there! Definately Good times.

I highly recommend tailgating on memory mall, and if you havent definately go check out a UCF game and Support our local school.

Forget about them Gators, Noles, Canes. WE have the KNIGHTS here with an awesome atmosphere and team.

Go Knights.Hope we beat USF.The difference in them an us is they win the big game.Hope we take care of biz when we play them.We have never beat them.That sucks

Sentinel reported that number was inflated because that was ticket sales and not actual attendance. I think it was Bianchi and he said there were at least 7-10k empty seats in the stadium. Either way, it was also reported that it was a good crowd.

2 years ago against Memphis we had 20.5K in the CBowl. So even 35K is a huge increase. BTW, the crowd for ULL last night had a higher announced number and there were far less season ticket no-shows. So it was close to 39-40K actual. And for an out-of-conference game against ULL .... well that's just awsome.

2 years ago against Memphis we had 20.5K in the CBowl. So even 35K is a huge increase. BTW, the crowd for ULL last night had a higher announced number and there were far less season ticket no-shows. So it was close to 39-40K actual. And for an out-of-conference game against ULL .... well that's just awsome.

Besides having winning seasons back to back what UCF needs is more top 25 teams.No more Loisiana lafyette and more texas,West Virginia and the likes Go Knights Beat East Carolina.Is this on tv?

Besides having winning seasons back to back what UCF needs is more top 25 teams.No more Loisiana lafyette and more texas,West Virginia and the likes Go Knights Beat East Carolina.Is this on tv?

The UCF vs. East Carolina game is on CSTV, which is part of the Digital Sports Pack on Brighthouse Cable. It's only $2.00 a month, or something like that, to order the channel pack and they can have it on within minutes.

If you want to watch the game with other UCF fans, come to the Knights Library, directly across from UCF on the corner of University and Alafaya. It's in the shopping center where the movie theater used to be. It used to be called Knightlights and The Mill. Behind the McDonalds, next to University Surf and Skate.

This place gets PACKED for the games, so get there early, especially if you want food. They haven't quite mastered feeding everyone in a timely manner on gamedays.

I think I'll be watching at Friendly Confines on 436 and Aloma, since I'll be watching the FSU game followed by the Cubs game followed by the UCF game.

• 2 months later...

If UCF could pack this place the way it packs the Bright House Networks Stadium, the basketball team would be difficult to beat. It's incredible how loud it gets with such a small crowd...I can only imagine that it'd be like Duke's Cameron Indoor Stadium if it's a packed house. I can see it now....Krazy Knights rooting on Kirk's Jerks.

2108194442_9b0e460587_b.jpg

That was, by far, the worst crowd of the year for basketball. I've been to all of the home games and the rest have been much better. The student section was packed for all of the games, but finals were already done for the game photographed above and most all students were gone. We haven't totally packed the place, but I think we've broken our former attendance record a couple times already.

And, yes, it gets very loud in there. Now if the team could just get their stuff together. We started the season off great but have been stinking up the joint for a couple weeks now.

Archived