UCF Knights Football

Chemmie

• Replies 287
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

they said, worse case scenario....they add more men to the labour force to ensure its on-time completion....I expect a lot done over these next 2 months

they way I see it, it is on track.....not much more to go to finish the seating, the light poles have all come in and are waiting to be installed.....its really starting to look good

however, im wondering what it will be like, being as the whole thing is steel and what not.....is it going to have a cheap metal bleacher feel to it?

oh yea, great pics btw! thanks :thumbsup:

they said, worse case scenario....they add more men to the labour force to ensure its on-time completion....I expect a lot done over these next 2 months

they way I see it, it is on track.....not much more to go to finish the seating, the light poles have all come in and are waiting to be installed.....its really starting to look good

however, im wondering what it will be like, being as the whole thing is steel and what not.....is it going to have a cheap metal bleacher feel to it?

oh yea, great pics btw! thanks :thumbsup:

Actually, I heard it is very solid feeling and sounding. I was worried about it, too, and have heard from people who've had tours that it's solid.

The light polls look incredible. I saw them laying down yesterday, getting ready to be installed. They aren't your typical stadium lights. They are the more vertical lights, like on European soccer fields. Should be neat.

There's still a lot of parking to be finished and the new retail and eating areas. It's going to come down to the wire and hopefully we don't have any storms to delay the finished product.

so good news, they installed all of the light poles

and the windows of the lowest part of of the box area have been installed

and they are installing the rest of the beams for the stands around the last part of the stadium

this thing really looks great as its all comming together.....

here is a link to some arial photos taken a few days ago

http://ucfathletics.cstv.com/genrel/042507aae.html

• 2 months later...

got new pictures today using my iPhone

so the quality is not as good as with my dig camera, but here are some new pics

enjoy, tell me all what you think of how this procject is comming along

IMG_0031.jpg

IMG_0030.jpg

IMG_0027-1.jpg

IMG_0027.jpg

IMG_0026.jpg

IMG_0020.jpg

IMG_0021.jpg

IMG_0022.jpg

IMG_0023.jpg

IMG_0024.jpg

IMG_0025.jpg

and a sign for the new pub getting built in the strip mall by the convocation center

IMG_0028.jpg

good photos; good tour.

the stadium: it's on campus-- big plus. it's design: big negative. maybe they will follow the Doak model and eventually do a brickworks project and surround the superstructure with building.

otherwise, the whole complex looks like SIM College Campus--- what a great idea for a video game.

The streets seem a little thin on campus in that area to handle the droves of people that will be coming and going at once.

yea, thats why they are doing a ton of road work right now

adding lights, expanding , and reworking

of course there will be congestion during game days, but it all usually goes pretty smooth

cant wait till this all opens up, they whole area will be electric

The streets seem a little thin on campus in that area to handle the droves of people that will be coming and going at once.

These roads are monsterous compared to most college campuses. All of the parking areas around the stadium are donor parking and will be blocked off for regular traffic. The only people who will be able to get down these roads are those with a parking pass.

These roads are monsterous compared to most college campuses. All of the parking areas around the stadium are donor parking and will be blocked off for regular traffic. The only people who will be able to get down these roads are those with a parking pass.

hmm

at least in my experience, the parking and road situation is a lot better compared to two years ago

adding in a couple lights by the convocation and stadium i presume will most certainly help

we'll see how it goes

without a doubt the the traffic will be a nightmare on football game days

so you just need to plan ahead so you can avoid the mess

• 2 weeks later...

New UCF project

The Crossroads

Property Description:

The Shops at UCF Crossroads is a boutique retail and restaurant development. This development consists of 3 Class A mixed use buildings with retail on the ground floor and residential units on the second and third floors. It is apart of the new Hillel and Catholic Center. We have units ranging from 2,000 50,000 SF available and an out parcel on the corner.

Location Description:

The new development is located adjacent to the new UCF Football Stadium and the Athletic Complex on the corner of the main entrance to both. It is directly next to the campus and all the new developments in and around UCF.

Zoning Description:

Commercial

Additional Types: Restaurant No. Stories: 3

Street Retail Lot Size: 7.00 Acres

Community Center Cross Streets: McCulloch Road and Lockwood Drive

0898FCBB-AD87-49C2-8E18-B13BBE2E1E88_or.jpg

http://www.loopnet.com/xNet/MainSite/Listi...1lww2t006a00001

New UCF project

The Crossroads

Property Description:

The Shops at UCF Crossroads is a boutique retail and restaurant development. This development consists of 3 Class A mixed use buildings with retail on the ground floor and residential units on the second and third floors. It is apart of the new Hillel and Catholic Center. We have units ranging from 2,000 50,000 SF available and an out parcel on the corner.

Location Description:

The new development is located adjacent to the new UCF Football Stadium and the Athletic Complex on the corner of the main entrance to both. It is directly next to the campus and all the new developments in and around UCF.

Zoning Description:

Commercial

Ah, to be back at UCF. I remember when all there was around campus was an Applebee's, a Pizza Hut, and the Knight Out Pub ('94) and that was it. Marriot had a cafeteria and pizza place on campus. Those were the days. :-)

Go Knights!

Ah, to be back at UCF. I remember when all there was around campus was an Applebee's, a Pizza Hut, and the Knight Out Pub ('94) and that was it. Marriot had a cafeteria and pizza place on campus. Those were the days. :-)

Go Knights!

Damn, I've been going there for a year now and I STILL get lost on campus! It is really a H-U-G-E campus and I can't wait for this stadium to finish. I just wish this was less of a commuter school and had more of a 24/7 feel to it. Anyways, I think it is a very nice campus coming from UMASS Amherst and SUNY New Paltz...

What are the plans for the college green? Are there plans to enclose it with more attractive buildings? I cannot imagine this space would be utilized to its capacity if only surrounded by parking lots and some of those pre-exisiting structures. I like the direction UCF is heading--a denser more urban/walkable environment. This will certainly help to change that "commuter school" perception.

All I have to say is that this a school that is exploding right now. With these additions, even more students will want to go to school there. Even with average to below average sports, I think UCF is going to catch up to FSU and UF in name recognition soon.

New UCF project

The Crossroads

Property Description:

Location Description:

Zoning Description:

Commercial

What a generic sounding name. FSU had a "Crossroads" cafeteria in the student union a while back. Must be a college thing.

Archived