UCF Knights Football

Chemmie

UCF FOOTBALL AND BASKETBALL SEASON TICKETS ARE STILL ON SALE. DON'T MISS OUT ON THIS HISTORIC YEAR.

CALL 407-823-1000 FOR TICKETS

(I'm not affiliated, just a big fan who wants to see butts in the seats.)

Here are the latest pictures from inside the New UCF Arena.

We don't need a new Magic Arena, they should just move into UCF's facility.

New UCF Arena pictures from 7/20/07

From Pollstar, it looks like they're already getting acts to fill up the New UCF Arena...

Thu 09/13/07 Bill Cosby

Fri 09/21/07 Carlos Mencia

Thu 10/04/07 "Sesame Street Live - Elmo Makes Music"

Fri 10/05/07 "Sesame Street Live - Elmo Makes Music"

Sat 10/06/07 "Sesame Street Live - Elmo Makes Music"

Sun 10/07/07 "Sesame Street Live - Elmo Makes Music"

Sun 10/21/07 Alan Jackson / Brooks & Dunn

Sun 10/21/07 Catherine Britt

Sun 10/21/07 Jake Owen

• Replies 287
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 1 month later...

Here comes the cardinal sin of UP, but I need two tickets to UCF vs. Texas for this weekend. I have two season tickets but need two more seats for some out-of-towners. I will consider trading an insider look at some new proposals for the CBD in exchange for a good price :thumbsup:

stop it... you're killin me :rofl:

Here are the latest pictures from inside the New UCF Arena.

We don't need a new Magic Arena, they should just move into UCF's facility.

WOW!!!! Now THAT is a basketball arena.

The first time I went into their current facility that was fairly new at the time, I entered the building expecting to see something along those lines. When I saw the cracker box that was there, my first thought was "What high school team plays here??"

I'll ask this again: does anyone know what the plans call for with the mall between the new arena and that central rotary?

If you are referring to the open field, well i heard we are suppose to get a clock tower there. Which would be awesome. However, only heard this once so we will see. Also, i heard there is a statue going up in front of the fairwinds alumni center can anybody confirm this?

I'll ask this again: does anyone know what the plans call for with the mall between the new arena and that central rotary?

If by central rotary you mean the cypress dome where the student union is there is now in place a large grassy knoll (about 1/4 mi long it seems). It'll be used for tailgating (no cars), concerts, spur of the moment frisbee etc. etc.

There is a triangle area between the new arena and the soccer and track field that will have a clock tower and retail. The back of these structures will have seating for the soccer and track field. The new road that goes between the triangle and residence 3 tower is called Tower Road. All that said, I think this phase is several years away. They put a bunch of money into landscaping the triangle.

I went to the campus on Labor Day.

What's up with the concrete BALLS all over the sidewalk? There's so many BALLS it will make your head spin.

Okay, enough with the double meanings and what not.

Barnes & Noble: how cool is that?

Dorm color scheme: flat out SUCKS and I'll tell you why: I drove around and saw a lot of new bldgs and parking garages. Even the parking decks are clad in brick pavers and look first class. THese dorms... I just don't get it... I see the aqua highlights and all, but this isn't 1988. I don't get it.

Convocation Center: awesome building. in fact, the entire sports complex is really nice. I like it alot. The Bright-HOUSE even looks cool. I'd like to hang around there during tailgating for the Texas game, but those beotchs scheduled it at the same time as the UF-UT game in Gainesville. I am torn, but I'll figure it out soon enough.

I went to the campus on Labor Day.

What's up with the concrete BALLS all over the sidewalk? There's so many BALLS it will make your head spin.

Okay, enough with the double meanings and what not.

Barnes & Noble: how cool is that?

Dorm color scheme: flat out SUCKS and I'll tell you why: I drove around and saw a lot of new bldgs and parking garages. Even the parking decks are clad in brick pavers and look first class. THese dorms... I just don't get it... I see the aqua highlights and all, but this isn't 1988. I don't get it.

Convocation Center: awesome building. in fact, the entire sports complex is really nice. I like it alot. The Bright-HOUSE even looks cool. I'd like to hang around there during tailgating for the Texas game, but those beotchs scheduled it at the same time as the UF-UT game in Gainesville. I am torn, but I'll figure it out soon enough.

When I had my graduation I could not believe the sea of balls on the road. They're asking for accidents there, and it just plain looks funny. I hate the color scheme considering the other buildings are either red/brown brick or yellow brick. Some of the older buildings have concrete or white stucco accents, but not this aqua yellow thing. EWWW.

The "balls" are a legality because it is a pedestrian area with no curbs. They have to put something to block cars, either the balls or poles. I'd say the balls are better than the typical poles. Either way, I anticipate a lot of dumb college students crashing into the things.

If you are referring to the open field, well i heard we are suppose to get a clock tower there. Which would be awesome. However, only heard this once so we will see. Also, i heard there is a statue going up in front of the fairwinds alumni center can anybody confirm this?

Yes, its already installed but they have a tent over it (and if you look under, its wrapped again in tarps underneath), the unveiling of it is scheduled for noon on Sept 15th before the Texas game. Personally, I love the color scheme of the towers and most other people on campus seem to love it as well. It adds a lot of variety to the campus and makes it feel different from the rest of it.

there is one already in front of the alumni center that will be presented to the public on sept 15 at 12

and another in front of the stadium in the gran entrance/plaza and that will be more abstract, of a knight riding a pegasus, both of which I believe are about 10 feet tall

I also had a chance to tour both the arena and stadium, so if anyone cares to see, I have tons of pictures of both

great things happening at UCF, GO KNIGHTS!

p.s. chemmie, is that you I see on ucf rivals forums? im assuming it is

there is one already in front of the alumni center that will be presented to the public on sept 15 at 12

and another in front of the stadium in the gran entrance/plaza and that will be more abstract, of a knight riding a pegasus, both of which I believe are about 10 feet tall

I also had a chance to tour both the arena and stadium, so if anyone cares to see, I have tons of pictures of both

great things happening at UCF, GO KNIGHTS!

p.s. chemmie, is that you I see on ucf rivals forums? im assuming it is

Yup. Same guy.

As a UCF alumni myself, I must say I'm very proud and happy for our hometown U. now that it has it's own home field.

That having been said, and forgive me if this sounds negative... but isn't that stadium basically kind of a slightly dolled-up Tangerine Bowl?

It would've been nice if they could've gotten the money to build it out of concrete.

I love that red brick around the outer columns, I just wish there was more of it.

hmm

just in my honest opion, I couldnt have been any more pleased with out our stadium turned out

especially for only 55 mil

I was actually very worried about it feeling cheap, but it feels very solid and looks beautiful

and a HELL of a lot better than the citrus bowl

I always got the feeling I was going to get tetanus or some sort of disease just walking into that place

great stadium, great game, couldnt be happier

GO KNIGHTS!

Archived