Richmond off-topic postings

Cotuit

• 2 weeks later...

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone thinks that there's a chance that Estes moves dowtown? I know they are growing at rapid proportions, but I feel like (if they were) to suceed in taking over yellow corp..they would need more space. 

By the way they are the 7th largest LTL trucking firm in the US, and is family owned.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Child2021 said:

Anyone thinks that there's a chance that Estes moves downtown? I know they are growing at rapid proportions, but I feel like (if they were) to succeed in taking over yellow corp..they would need more space. 

By the way they are the 7th largest LTL trucking firm in the US, and is family owned.

Where are they currently located?

1 hour ago, Child2021 said:

There's two different buildings full of people, and I will show a pic of them. 

HQ:

image.thumb.png.a8375591695f2a2a1ca2295ae7116cda.png

Other Building: 

image.thumb.png.9321e7b0b0bb196d89c76b8a159e731e.png

On the Map:

image.thumb.png.6961da90aa39fa55e605222b416728cd.png

So Estes has offices in both buildings?

Man - it would be great if they'd come downtown - though I somehow doubt they'd build an office building. Perhaps, though, they could be the anchor tenant of a larger overall development. I'm still smarting that Sun Trust bailed on anchoring what would have been the 21-story Locks at 321 tower (where the 12-story apartment building is now) a few years ago. Sun Trust bailing is what killed that project.

Any idea what Estes' headcount in Richmond is?

1 hour ago, wrldcoupe4 said:

I cannot ever imagine them spending the money to build a building downtown

Same. How about serving as an anchor tenant in a larger overall development? Or is ownership of their office space too important to them, do you think?

Edited by I miss RVA