Louisiana | Photo of the Day

NCB

That is a very nice shot. If it's not too much trouble, could you maybe take a picture of were they're going to build the Laurel Street

You got it, no trouble at all. I actually have new photo's of the site's we mentioned days ago. I took pics of Laurel Tower site; Two City Plaza site; RiverPlace condo site; and new Courthouse site. I might need to make a new thread in BR for the construction site pics.

Edited by richyb83

You got it, no trouble at all. I actually have new photo's of the site's we mentioned days ago. I took pics of Laurel Tower site; Two City Plaza site; RiverPlace condo site; and new Courthouse site. I might need to make a new thread in BR for the construction site pics.

Thanks. A new thread would probably be a good idea. And while we're on the subject, I found a picture of the new state capitol while it was still under construction.It's amazing the kinds of things you can find on the Internet.capitol1.jpg

Looks like you're heading eastbound there. So are you back at home now?

Anyway, that's a beautiful truck. That was the focal point you were trying to achieve, right? :lol: Just kidding, man. Thanks for posting that. I hope you enjoyed the little bit you were able to see of my fair cities.

That's a pretty cool shot! Not bad at all, RC! Especially considering that if that truck had about 10-15 feet further up, you would really only get to see the Amsouth Building.

I also thought it was funny that just in that shot, you see towers for Chase, Capital One, and Amsouth bank's. :lol:

That's a pretty cool shot! Not bad at all, RC! Especially considering that if that truck had about 10-15 feet further up, you would really only get to see the Amsouth Building.

I also thought it was funny that just in that shot, you see towers for Chase, Capital One, and Amsouth bank's. :lol:

I noticed that too. One second earlier and the Regions name would have been showing as well.

A very commercialized skyline, no doubt.

Thanks guys! I really liked that shot as it showed new, old, and urban grit in downtown New Orleans. And I liked the shady affect I was able to get on the lower portion of the shot, and sunny affect on the upper portion of the shot. :thumbsup:

"Just passing through..."

:lol: Looks like some of my shots I tried taking while driving through OKC on the way back from my vacation. I really should have tried to stop somewhere but when you've been on the road that long and still have a while to go sometimes you just want to hurry on through.

Hey nice shot Nate. I really like the lighting you got going on in that shot. Sometimes I wish I had some taller buildings in my city to try some shots like that. :D

The original plan was to stop and spend an hour in Shreveport, but we got caught on a bit of a detour trying to get to Marshall Pottery in Marshall, Texas and had to backtrack several miles, which ate some time, so we just kept on moving down the road by the time we got to Shreveport, which was around 12 noon. :lol:

I thought this photo was appropriate as it was the best of those I managed to snap from the back seat. :rofl:

The original plan was to stop and spend an hour in Shreveport, but we got caught on a bit of a detour trying to get to Marshall Pottery in Marshall, Texas and had to backtrack several miles, which ate some time, so we just kept on moving down the road by the time we got to Shreveport, which was around 12 noon. :lol:

I thought this photo was appropriate as it was the best of those I managed to snap from the back seat. :rofl:

At least you weren't driving. I tried taking some of OKC while I was driving. Of course they didn't come out very well at all because I was paying more attention to the road than what I was actually getting shots of. :lol:

At least you weren't driving. I tried taking some of OKC while I was driving. Of course they didn't come out very well at all because I was paying more attention to the road than what I was actually getting shots of. :lol:

:lol: At least you were paying attention to the road! One of my friends completely let go of the wheel and turned to the side to get a shot of New Orleans' skyline from the I-10 highrise. Needless to say, if I go into the city with him, guess who's not driving! ;)

Well, man, it would have been cool for you to spend an hour here, but since you couldn't I'm sure there will be other times. Glad you enjoyed yourself anyway... at least judging from your Flickr photos, I'd say you enjoyed yourself. East Texas is a nice place.

Indeed, we did enjoy ourselves as much as we could. It was a nice getaway.

Hey RT, you plannin' on coming down to New Orleans any time soon? :D I can only imagine the photos you would head back home with from this fair city.

I do need to go back to New Orleans again soon. I haven't been there since 1982, so I'm overdue! :lol:

I do need to go back to New Orleans again soon. I haven't been there since 1982, so I'm overdue! :lol:

Oh wow, overdue is right! I hope you'll be able to make it down here sooner or later, 24 years away from New Orleans is far too long! :D

On my drive, I should have zoomed in a little more; but I wanted to get the entire skyline. This is the almost view I was speaking of with Nate and Dan last week; adding the future high-rises from this angle. This pic is taken from about 100 ft. in the air. I tried getting a pic from the Port of Greater BR, but they would not let me past the gates; I'll have to make a phone call to get in I guess.

skyline1yu1.jpg

Edited by richyb83

^ From the angle shown in the above pic:

Two City Plaza-behind the Governmental Bldg.

New Courthouse-to the right of Governmental Bldg.(same height as Gov't bldg.)

Laurel Tower-other(north) side of Chase Towers

RiverPlace- to the left of massive new LaSalle State Bldg. thats to the left of State Capitol. In front of that flat brown building in the back that jets-out toward river.

Hope this helps. From the right angle, the future BR skyline will be much more impressive. Filling in gaps...and add to it as well.

I would still like to take a pic from the Port of Greater BR.

Edited by richyb83