Louisiana | Photo of the Day

NCB

That's what I'm talking about ! THANKS so much Dan ! From that view/angle you can see for yourself that Baton Rouge will have a "Legit Skyline". A much denser CBD too. Now that's something the Capital City can be proud of. I am glad BR's skyline is spread out, fill-in those gaps, now we have something to work with. I want people along the heavily traveled southern-most Interstate(I-10) from California, Texas, to Florida, and all points in between to see the "fingerprint" of our city being more than just the State Capitol.

Edited by richyb83

So was that taken from the I-10 bridge or what?
Yes Brian, it was taken from the I-10 Bridge. Sorry about late reply.

found some really good pictures of the 19th Judicial Courthouse. First click the srceen, then click on Portfolio/Civic/19th Judicial Courthouse. www.postarchitects.com/

Thanks for posting that. About a month ago I went to that website. It would not let me copy and post the rendering from street level.

*Remember... the rendering of the New Courthouse is 9-stories. However with the added residents from Katrina, there is a good possibility of them adding another floor. Making it 10-stories; Civic bldgs. usually have taller floors than office and hotels.

Great job on that future-photo, Dan! Thanks alot for taking the time to do that. Also, I really like the renderings of the 19th Judicial Courthouse, it looks great! This is all great for Baton Rouge, definaly something everyone there, and people throughout the state can be proud of! :thumbsup:

A side of Bourbon Street most people don't know about:

BourbonStreet1.jpg

Is that further to the northeast like heading toward Washington Park, or back toward 90?

That's awesome. The building on the far left, with the plaster coming off and the exposed brick underneath is a perfect example of a look that so many people try to replicate.

Very interesting pics Nate. :thumbsup: I keep seeing all your pics and realizing I haven't been out taking too many pics myself. But in some ways it just seems like I've already been to all the interesting places in my city to take pics. Maybe I wouldn't mind going back over some of these places if it wasn't quite so hot.

Is that further to the northeast like heading toward Washington Park, or back toward 90?

That's awesome. The building on the far left, with the plaster coming off and the exposed brick underneath is a perfect example of a look that so many people try to replicate.

That was further up the eastern portion of Bourbon, but not all the way up to Washington Park. I'm pretty sure that was taken around Bourbon and Saint Ann, about a block from where I grew up.

And like you hinted, the best part of the look of that building, is that everything is real! :D You just can't replicate something like that, IMO.

Nice pic Nate, that's a shot I have not seen on Bourbon Street. I like that building on the left too. You could walk around taking pictures in New Orleans for months ? That's great urban place to enjoy.

Thanks Richy, and man do I agree, New Orleans is urban photography heaven! :D

That was further up the eastern portion of Bourbon, but not all the way up to Washington Park. I'm pretty sure that was taken around Bourbon and Saint Ann, about a block from where I grew up.

And like you hinted, the best part of the look of that building, is that everything is real! :D You just can't replicate something like that, IMO.

It's too awesome. And I was close... I knew the direction. It's where it starts to become more residential.

Very cool, Nate, I'm glad you posted that. Most people will have never seen that stretch of Bourbon as you said.

And the whole thing about that building facade being original... that's exactly what I was talking about. I've seen it imitated so many times, but never truly duplicated. It's too natural.

It's too awesome. And I was close... I knew the direction. It's where it starts to become more residential.

Very cool, Nate, I'm glad you posted that. Most people will have never seen that stretch of Bourbon as you said.

And the whole thing about that building facade being original... that's exactly what I was talking about. I've seen it imitated so many times, but never truly duplicated. It's too natural.

Yep, you were reasonably close, not too bad for a guy from Shreveport! ;)

So Brian, you got any more Shreveport area photos you can throw in? We can't let this thread get Shreveport deprived! ;)

I'll have to check tonight and then go through what's already here. I just really don't have much in the way of new stuff... I've covered almost every square inch of the main urban areas that I'm comfortable taking photos in.

I am planning on taking some new photos this weekend, though... some at the Boardwalk and possibly some at the Air Force Museum. I'll definitely post some of those if I do.

Next weekend I should have some photos of Natchitoches. :)

Ah, great! I've still never been to downtown Natchitoches, and I'm really not happy about that.

Downtown Natchitoches is awesome, and the buildings are reminiscent to the French Quarter. Afterall, Natchitoches was established in 1714 and New Orleans in 1718, so there are some extreme similarities between the two cities from that time period. It's just hard to believe that it's older than New Orleans and yet it's so small.

If you ever get to stop in, even for an hour, do so. Heck, you can pretty much see it all in less than an hour, it's so small... but you'd need a bit longer do DO it all. It's such a cool little city. The best time to visit Natchitoches... or Shreveport-Bossier and Marshall, TX for that matter, is at Christmas time. Keep that in mind. :)