West End Summit update

william

• Replies 988
  • Created
  • Last Reply
He is building a very large expansion to the FBI division in Denver, Colorado. It is over 200,000 sq.ft addition on a 10-acre campus. He's built several other rather large federal buildings, one stated is in San Francisco. So this whole thing with WES, he apparaently may have been tied up with these other projects, and finally getting his shat together for WES. I thought he was just a local builder, damn, was I dead, dead wrong!

I think that a lot of skepticsm directed toward WES came from many who thought Mr. Palmer was just some local yokel who decided to build a building. He has a rather impressive track record, and he goes back more than twenty years with successful projects. Of course, he's not one to take on a lot of projects all at the same time like it appears Mr. Giarratana is.

• 2 weeks later...

Word is on another site that the height of the office tower will be 415 Ft and the height of the condo tower will be 360 Ft. These towers will sit on high ground and will be very prominent in the skyline. Also, there's a real possibility the cranes will arrive on site later this month.

I think WES will probably go up sooner rather than later, I was getting the impression it was a lot closer to starting than what it may now appear to be. Siggy on the other hand, it appears to have many more hurdles than WES to get underway.

How ironic would if Siggy were to get green-lighted and started construction before WES?

From what I've gathered here, it looks like there will be a race now to see who will get their towers out of the ground first, as Palmer has competition now for both the office (e.g. Eakin's office tower at 1201 Demonbreun) and the hotel (with Amerimar's project a block down). Of course, I don't know what a Hutton Hotel is like, and it may be nothing close to a Intercontinental. But it looks like there's going to be some competition for this project. I hope it doesn't sink the WES.

^ this is true same as it is for palomar. as long as they're is even a very slim chance that these developers can find a way to get them built these co's are likely to hang in there and wait it out until the bitter end. 15-20 years of millions in risk free revenue with no upfront cost is one hell of a carrot.

I guess no one remembers the site of TPAC or the Convention Center. Those were both really large water-filled holes for a long time before construction began. We have had a lot of rain and there's really no place for it to go except down...into the hole. The low places in my driveway do the same thing.

Archived