West End Summit update

william

• Replies 988
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Correct, Icon was way ahead of the WES, way way ahead, and Terrazzo started in March I think or around then and is a very small site. WES started several months behind and is an enormous excavation as it it for two large towers. I believe someone mentioned back on this thread that excavation was to last 6 months but I'm not sure if that accounted for the delay due to the water problem since the site was shut down for several weeks.

This will be a spectacular project and I look forward with bated breath for this one to rise. It was an incredibly long wait, but it WILL be worth it. Alex Palmer, please forgive me for ever doubting you.

I've just got to post the rendering one more time, because I love it soooo much.

wst_end_smt1.jpg

Figured it would happen some time soon. The past couple of times I drove by, there has been no ad up on the sign. Figured he'd be taking it down since he didn't have anyone booked on it and it appeared construction was getting close.

I'm wondering if AP will spend the money on a new wrap for the fences again. The first two appeared to be vandalized, slashed. The second wrap only lasted I think a day or two before someone slashed it perfectly in half horizontally.

Another of our resident skeptics, I don't recall which, said he wouldn't believe WES is underway until Alex takes down the giant billboard. From what I could determine by driving by today, it looks like that's just what they're doing. I hope my observation is correct.

I'm very pleased to read that a start date to construction has been announced for WES. Of course indicators have been leading up for awhile now that this project was going to be a go....with the primary clue being the big hole they dug. LOL

I am in full agreement with Hankster, this project has been long awaited and its addition to the city's urban fabric that will be worth the wait.

• 2 weeks later...

i cant say where i work, but i deal with a lot of business' in nashville and was speaking witha lady who has an office across hayes street from the summit, she was saying that the developer actually came to their buissness and spoke with them about the project. although she was only calling us to advise us their water was going to be cut off due to a huge highrise being built next to them for a few days, i engaged her in conversation about it. she is very impressed, said when she talked to palmer he was offering them space in the building for their business is they wanted to mov when it was completed. interesting none the less...

I'd say AP is probably offering everyone he talks to some space in his building. Just about every building has extra space to fill even when they grab an anchor tenant. If he could fill a floor here and a floor there to round out occupancy, he'd be a very happy man. Ofcourse he needs an anchor tenant as well. Anyone have info on who he's trying to tap?

As for progress on the site... Things seem to be moving along, the Monster billboard sign is down, excavation has expanded and seem to be moving along at a good pace once again, and Palmer has had the site re-wrapped for the 3rd time now. It seems he gave up on the plastic wraps and moved to a board of some sort, plastic, or something similar is what I would guess. Looks like he might actually make a November or early December Construction date as previously mentioned. Keep an eye out for permits and hopefully we'll get info on tennants and financing soon.

• 2 weeks later...

anyone see this new rendering?

http://www.ichotelsgroup.com/h/d/ic/1/en/c...cnashville.html

where is this forest of green around this site ? what happened to the gas station, the days inn and the new indigo hotel ?

also, it looks like he's showing west end splitting again in front of his project right after it splits from broadway. i haven't heard about any such plans and i doubt this would be possible so i assume he's done this just to show a better view of downtown for his condos.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived