Bentonville, Arkansas

mcheiss

• Replies 352
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I haven't heard of it. But I guess I should have known something was up there.

It was just renovated a few years ago. The facility has basketball courts, pool tables, indoor track, dance studio, computer lab, and a learning center. Plus, in it's backyard, there's two baseball fields, an outdoor trail, and eleven soccer fields ranging in all sizes. It's a large facility, just not as big as the Arkansas Sports Arena in Springdale.

It was just renovated a few years ago. The facility has basketball courts, pool tables, indoor track, dance studio, computer lab, and a learning center. Plus, in it's backyard, there's two baseball fields, an outdoor trail, and eleven soccer fields ranging in all sizes. It's a large facility, just not as big as the Arkansas Sports Arena in Springdale.

I plan to take my son there when he's 4 years old for Tae Kwon Do classes. That is if I still live in Rogers by then.

It looks like a traffic light has been proposed for the intersection of 14th street and Eagle Way in Bentonville. This is right across from NWACC and is a heavily traveled road. The proposal was brought up because a shopping center (probably another strip mall) is being proposed for the intersection.

Here's another mixed use project in Bentonville.

Arkansas Business

By Mike Capshaw

9/11/2006Developers from Texas have formed the Bentonville 12 Ltd. partnership and purchased 60 acres for a mixed-use development called The Corners on state Highway 12 in Bentonville.

Cost of the land was approximately $1.40 per SF, which figures out to about $3.66 million. Total cost of the construction is estimated at $6 million.

The project mostly will include upscale townhouses, with six acres reserved for office/retail space. The townhouses will range in price from $175,000 to $225,000 and in size from 1,400 to 2,100 SF.

Lindsey Construction of Bentonville is the general contractor and is completing work on the streets, water and sewer lines.

CEI Engineers of Bentonville is the engineer.

The general partner of Bentonville 12 is listed as Texas Land Management. Jim Williams is a principal in Texas Land Management and is the president of LandPlan Development Corp. of Frisco, Texas, a company that

• 2 weeks later...

A McDonald's is coming to the intersection of Hwy 71 and McNelly Road/Benton Co. Road 40. It will occupy the middle parcel of land just north of the new Lowe's; the other two parcels are still up for grabs, according to the developer's website, sdirealty.com. The last time I checked this website was about a month ago, so I don't know how long this new map has been up. I don't know if this is good news for me or not; I drive by there every time I leave my house, and the breakfast may tempt me. I couldn't care less about the burgers and fries. Now if it has a playplace, THAT will be exciting! Hey, you parents know what I'm talking about, don't you? :w00t:

Now if it has a playplace, THAT will be exciting! Hey, you parents know what I'm talking about, don't you? :w00t:

:lol: The first time my 2 year old son climbed to the top of the McD's playplace he got scared and couldn't climb down so I had to climb way up there and bring him down. He was fine until he realized climbing up was easier than climbing down. Having one of those playplaces nearby is always a plus.

A McDonald's is coming to the intersection of Hwy 71 and McNelly Road/Benton Co. Road 40. It will occupy the middle parcel of land just north of the new Lowe's; the other two parcels are still up for grabs, according to the developer's website, sdirealty.com. The last time I checked this website was about a month ago, so I don't know how long this new map has been up. I don't know if this is good news for me or not; I drive by there every time I leave my house, and the breakfast may tempt me. I couldn't care less about the burgers and fries. Now if it has a playplace, THAT will be exciting! Hey, you parents know what I'm talking about, don't you? :w00t:

I've heard Starbucks is taking one of the spaces. I can't confirm it, but it's a big rumor.

:lol: The first time my 2 year old son climbed to the top of the McD's playplace he got scared and couldn't climb down so I had to climb way up there and bring him down. He was fine until he realized climbing up was easier than climbing down. Having one of those playplaces nearby is always a plus.

Yup, been there, done that. :silly: I've learned to wear pants rather than a skirt when we go those places, lol. Now my 7 year old can go up and get my 3 yr old for me; it's great when you finally get to that point.

I've heard Starbucks is taking one of the spaces. I can't confirm it, but it's a big rumor.

I've been hearing the same. And the map shows a building that looks like the perfect size and shape for a Starbucks. I could get excited about that. Although, we don't usually make room in our budget for high-dollar coffee. It would be nice to have a quiet place close by where I could sneak away to, for a break from the kids when my husband gets home. Or, for a break from my husband when my husband gets home :rofl: . Just kidding; he's a sweetheart.

• 2 weeks later...

The Bentonville Public Library is moving to it's new downtown location. The library will start moving it's books and equipment on Monday and will be officially open at their new downtown location on October 30th and 9 AM.

I think I asked this but can't remember the answer now. What are they going to do with the old location?

This isnt development news but does pertain to a Bentonville business. Looks like Arvest has bought a bank in Caney Kansas. It sounds like its near Bartlesville Oklahoma. This might be the first Arvest Bank in Kansas.

Arvest bought this bank branch with the intention of growing in the state. It is a lot faster to grow in a state by buying a current branch then trying to start a new charter in a state. That is how Arvest grew in Oklahoma and Missouri as well.

Arvest bought this bank branch with the intention of growing in the state. It is a lot faster to grow in a state by buying a current branch then trying to start a new charter in a state. That is how Arvest grew in Oklahoma and Missouri as well.

Makes sense, also seems natural to start moving into Kansas. It's not too far away from here and it's already in Missouri and Oklahoma.

The last I heard is the old Massey Hotel where the old library is located will be converted into loft apartments.

That would be a nice place for something like that. I also wouldn't mind seeing it either turned back into a hotel or maybe turned into some condos

The City of Bentonville sold the first floor back to the Walton Enterprises, Inc. for about $500,000 earlier this year. The first floor is to be used for Crystal Bridges until its opening in 2009. The second floor is mostly used by Community Publishers, Inc. and the other areas of the building are home to the offices of the Walton Family Foundation, Walton Enterprises, some Arvest offices and the Crystal Bridges offices.

I have heard that 2010 or so they might convert to a boutique hotel, or atleast that is the ultimate goal.

The City of Bentonville sold the first floor back to the Walton Enterprises, Inc. for about $500,000 earlier this year. The first floor is to be used for Crystal Bridges until its opening in 2009. The second floor is mostly used by Community Publishers, Inc. and the other areas of the building are home to the offices of the Walton Family Foundation, Walton Enterprises, some Arvest offices and the Crystal Bridges offices.

I have heard that 2010 or so they might convert to a boutique hotel, or atleast that is the ultimate goal.

I had no idea that the Walton's owned the Massey Hotel. I always thought it was just the library and a couple offices upstairs. It's a good location for the Crystal Bridges office seeing how the rest of the Walton gang would be upstairs. Thanks for the update.

Interesting, thanks for the info.

Archived