Bentonville, Arkansas

mcheiss

Is that just the citywide water-main that Bentonville is constructing?

If so, Bentonville's going to get a LOT bigger because this pipe ends (currently, and the way it looked I wouldn't be surprised if there was more on the way) 3/4 of a mile straight west of the big Pinnacle Country Club building visible from the highway to Cave Springs.

• Replies 352
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If so, Bentonville's going to get a LOT bigger because this pipe ends (currently, and the way it looked I wouldn't be surprised if there was more on the way) 3/4 of a mile straight west of the big Pinnacle Country Club building visible from the highway to Cave Springs.

It will allow more growth, since both Rogers and Bentonville share a line right now.

• 5 weeks later...

Bentonville's growth has now impacted their website. If you haven't visited the Bentonville Chamber of Commerce website it is a must-see! It features a beautiful interactive Bentonville Square on the start page using flash. I swear you can actually see people walking around the square and birds flying in the sky! Not too sure about that Wal-Mart truck with it's engine running off the square, but I guess most people know Wal-Mart by their trucks as much as their stores. Crystal Bridges Museum can also be seen in the distance so go check it out!

www.bbvchamber.com

Bentonville's growth has now impacted their website. If you haven't visited the Bentonville Chamber of Commerce website it is a must-see! It features a beautiful interactive Bentonville Square on the start page using flash. I swear you can actually see people walking around the square and birds flying in the sky! Not too sure about that Wal-Mart truck with it's engine running off the square, but I guess most people know Wal-Mart by their trucks as much as their stores. Crystal Bridges Museum can also be seen in the distance so go check it out!

www.bbvchamber.com

Yeah, that is a really slick little website-- thanks for the link.

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry to change the subject, but i drove by the promenade tonight, and i saw the spot light on top of the malco triangle, and the triangle its self was illuminated and changed colors rapidly, its was beautifully refreshing to see that in NWA.

Sorry to change the subject, but i drove by the promenade tonight, and i saw the spot light on top of the malco triangle, and the triangle its self was illuminated and changed colors rapidly, its was beautifully refreshing to see that in NWA.

Good thing you've got it up there. Fayetteville has a light ordinance so it won't ever be happening down here.

Mith, in Rogers there's a saying: "Ordinance, what's that?" :lol:

I doubt that. Rogers is actually a bit more conservative when it comes to development. A lot of developments have been denied by the Planning Commission.

If anything, that saying applies to Springdale.

I doubt that. Rogers is actually a bit more conservative when it comes to development. A lot of developments have been denied by the Planning Commission.

If anything, that saying applies to Springdale.

I guess it's hard to see that when so many strip malls are popping up all over Hudson in North Rogers. There's a fairly new office complex on Hudson that has not been doing well, yet they're building more office buildings further west toward the bypass. IMO Rogers should help promote the existing buildings rather than allowing more to be built. But then look at what happened to the new Rogers Convention Center. You can control growth, you just can't control where it occurs which is why NWA is doomed to end up a sprawl.

So many strip malls are appearing on Hudson because Hudson literally had nothing on it a few years ago, yet it has one of the highest traffic counts of any road in NWA. There is a definate need for basic needs shopping on Hudson.

Let's hope besides a new golf car dealer and the Harley Davidson shop that they'll actually build some "basic needs" shopping on Hudson. I'd hate to think that traffic will get worse and there won't even be a single business there that I would patronize. I'd like to be able to drive across the street from where I live to get a haircut and maybe rent a movie. It would also be a great location for my favorite store (Dollar Tree.)

^

Do you live in the Links? I drive by there almost everyday.

The Sports park might be on hold for a while, considering Rogers is thinking about an Aquatic Facility.

There's no Links in North Rogers... I guess the closest thing would be the Lost Springs Apartments where I live, but they're no Links, they're just attached to the Lost Springs Golf and Athletic Club. It's not bad for the rent. The most beautiful landscaping of any apartment complex I've lived in including The Links (Lowell & Bentonville). The buildings are definitely dated and showing their age though. It'll do until I can buy a house or until the rent becomes cheaper somewhere nicer.

The builder of Sports Park Plaza was quoted in the paper just a couple weeks ago that they were naming the plaza based on the fact that "eventually" the Sports Park would be built.

• 2 weeks later...

Bentonville is getting a private school.

The school is going to be called Pinecrest Private School, and will be on Southwest H Street. No other details have been released as of yet.

I wonder if this is in any way related to Fort Lauderdale's Pinecrest school? That school has been a prep swimming power...Bentonville has been at the public high school level (in Arkansas, at least), too.

So are there any YMCA's in NWA currently?

I'm not aware of any YMCA's, but there's a very nice Boys and Girls Club in Fayetteville and Rogers has a nice Community Center, also Springdale has the Jones Center for Families., but I'm not sure what Bentonville has. There are no issues of not having YMCA's in NWA since there are many youth-oriented facilities to compensate, such as the All-Star Complex in Springdale.

I'm not aware of any YMCA's, but there's a very nice Boys and Girls Club in Fayetteville and Rogers has a nice Community Center, also Springdale has the Jones Center for Families., but I'm not sure what Bentonville has. There are no issues of not having YMCA's in NWA since there are many youth-oriented facilities to compensate, such as the All-Star Complex in Springdale.

There's a Richardson Center here in fayetteville as well. I think it might have something to do with kids also. I've never thought about that but it does seem a bit odd. But as you said it's probably because we have a number of other options. Although all those options are in Washington County.

There's a Richardson Center here in fayetteville as well. I think it might have something to do with kids also. I've never thought about that but it does seem a bit odd. But as you said it's probably because we have a number of other options. Although all those options are in Washington County.

The Rogers Community Center is ok too, but it's nothing like the one's in Washington County.

Archived