Bentonville, Arkansas

mcheiss

• Replies 352
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I saw a small picture in the Arkansas Democrat Gazette of the future site of the Sam's. Looks like all they have gotten done so far is some ground work which is more than they've gotten done at their future Fayetteville site. I get the impression that the Bentonville location is taking top priority.

I was over at the new site a few days ago, the ground work is really progressing, even if dust blows into your face from everywhere. :D

Has the Fayetteville location been approved by the Planning Commision or is something holding it up?

I'm pretty sure the Planning Commission had already approved it but maybe I'm mistaken. I'm not sure if maybe the Springdale store has anything to do with the Fayetteville store or not. Will the Fayetteville store get all the inventory of the Springdale store? Other than that there's not much I can think of that would be slowing down the Fayetteville location. I can't tell anything has been done yet.

I just got done reading article in one of the papers that said the new Fayetteville Sam's Club will open in 2007.

Do you remember which paper it was? I don't recall seeing any mention yet although I still have plenty of articles I need to fully read. Lots to read about today, especially on all the College Ave news here in Fayetteville.

It was Arkansas Business. They were talking about how Stone Mill was going to provide the Bread to the Sam's Club.

Cool, Stone Mill Bread is a nice place. Until recently I didn't know that they were just a local place and not part of a chain or something. I wonder if they'll just have bread for the local Sam's. It would seem a bit hard for them to make bread for too many of them, they don't seem large enough to handle something like that.

No, it's just a local kind of deal. A lot of Wal-Marts and Sams Clubs sell local products in each stores. Up here in Benton County we sell House of Webster Jams, and the Pumpkins for the fall are grown on local farms.

That does make more sense. I can't say I've heard of the House of Webster Jams. I guess it's a Benton County thing.

:shok:

You've never heard of House of Webster?

I though everyone in NWA had heard of them.

Maybe it's the sheltered life I lead checking for developments on the internet and going to city meetings here. :lol: I'll have to look more into them. I wonder if it's just me or if they are very well know here in the Washington County area.

I just got done reading article in one of the papers that said the new Fayetteville Sam's Club will open in 2007.

Will the Springdale Sam's Club close this year? The mayor's State of the City said they'll be losing the Club this year.

Maybe it's the sheltered life I lead checking for developments on the internet and going to city meetings here. :lol: I'll have to look more into them. I wonder if it's just me or if they are very well know here in the Washington County area.

Tell you the truth I never knew anything about House of Webster until I moved to Rogers. I do know that the Bluebird of Happiness is a Fayetteville icon that is well-known throughout the region.

I found some time to take some pictures of the location of the future Tate & Haney Building will be built in downtown Bentonville.

The blue arrow points to the site of the future Tate & Haney Building.

From Central and Main.

105664534_e06fea30fd_o.jpg

105661023_5163e2784f_o.jpg

From North 2nd Street and Main.

105665752_e090b03db8_o.jpg

This will be the north side of the Tate & Haney Building. For perspective the next photo of The Sanctuary was taken from in front of that white metal building.

105659826_7db90b7212_o.jpg

105659828_a92cd97095_o.jpg

The other end of the future mixed-use condo building will be across from City Hall and the Massey Hotel.

105659414_5891d9d009_o.jpg

I wonder what's to become of this old theater that will be right next door to the future Tate & Haney Building. This photo was taken from the Massey Hotel.

105659411_d0ece52e46_o.jpg

Archived