Center Place

cwetteland

Here are a couple pictures I took from my office this morning. Its a little slow today, but at one point, I've seen about 10 makeshift homeless colonies in the field. It offers pretty good privacy from the street and some shade, so it makes for a good shelter. The camp you see here belongs to "Willy" (he's often observed 'freeing his willy' and thus given the moniker).

Anyhow, would love to see a google-like campus for Electronic Arts there.

IMG_3222.jpg

IMG_3223.jpg

• Replies 645
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 5 months later...

I've been looking for a good reason to bump this old thread, particularly since I have a great view of this lot from my office. I was writing to let everyone know that in the past week I've seen surveyors on the lot as well as an environmental consulting crew, presumably engaged to perform a Phase 1. I'll bring in my camera tomorrow and take some pics if they're still out there.

I'm just hoping it's not the lender that's conducting all this due due diligence as a precursor to a foreclosure sale.

I'll say 5 years.

Personally I could care less. I think the construction of the new PAC and O-Rena during that time will be exciting enough to hold me over.

I don't know--it is the most visibly underdeveloped section of downtown and vitally important to the natural expansion toward Uptown. I like the idea of the new arena across Church Street but at times I believe downtown would be better served with an arena incorporated into a larger retail/restaurant/office complex on this land.

I don't know--it is the most visibly underdeveloped section of downtown and vitally important to the natural expansion toward Uptown. I like the idea of the new arena across Church Street but at times I believe downtown would be better served with an arena incorporated into a larger retail/restaurant/office complex on this land.

I agree an arena/restaurant on that plot would be cool, but as underdeveloped as that lot is, is how desperate that neighborhood (Parramore) needs this facility. Somone will build on that lot and uptown for that matter regardless. The same can't be said about the planned location of the new O-Rena.

I agree an arena/restaurant on that plot would be cool, but as underdeveloped as that lot is, is how desperate that neighborhood (Parramore) needs this facility. Somone will build on that lot and uptown for that matter regardless. The same can't be said about the planned location of the new O-Rena.

Werd. And don't forget that the commuter rail will stop at Church Street which is turning into a restaurant/bar/local destination again, so with the new arena going into Parramore, just across the street from the train station, we're going to have that entertainment/transportation complex that Prahaboheme wants for the Pizzuti block. Then, when the Pizzuti block gets developed, we'll have a second hub of activity in downtown.

• 3 months later...

Just saw them repainting the sign for about the fifth time in just as many years about a new multi-use development coming to this lot. This parcel of land is like the 7th year junior who's been saying he only has 1 semester left for the last 3 years.

Just saw them repainting the sign for about the fifth time in just as many years about a new multi-use development coming to this lot. This parcel of land is like the 7th year junior who's been saying he only has 1 semester left for the last 3 years.
Did they give this development a name??

if there's one thing we've learned in the past 6-7 years, it's that RIDA is for real...

BTW, the topping off party for the Hilton is in July.

I like this.. the more that a company builds in Orlando, the more clout it gets with finance co's which increases the prob. that they'll successfully develop newer projects.... like this one hopefully.

if there's one thing we've learned in the past 6-7 years, it's that RIDA is for real...

BTW, the topping off party for the Hilton is in July.

I like this.. the more that a company builds in Orlando, the more clout it gets with finance co's which increases the prob. that they'll successfully develop newer projects.... like this one hopefully.

downtown hilton?

Archived