Center Place

cwetteland

• Replies 645
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That's a significant list. I'd like to put in a request for another BOA building in Charlotte.

I agree. A new tallest (wishful thinking; curse that FAA restriction!) with a glass, beautifully lit crown like the Charlotte BoA would be a great fit into our skyline. BoA doesn't appear to have very good street interaction though. Having just got back from Atlanta, I admit that I got "tower envy." Don't get me wrong, I love our downtown, but a little more height would make it appear a little more serious.

I agree. A new tallest (wishful thinking; curse that FAA restriction!) with a glass, beautifully lit crown like the Charlotte BoA would be a great fit into our skyline. BoA doesn't appear to have very good street interaction though. Having just got back from Atlanta, I admit that I got "tower envy." Don't get me wrong, I love our downtown, but a little more height would make it appear a little more serious.

Atlanta will do that to you! Lincoln has done some landmark buildings for sure, can you imagine if the Bank of America building in Charlotte was here in Orlando!

Just think a really tall building around 500 feet with a crown on top all lit up that would be awesome for that property.One can dream out loud!

Ya know I love tall buildings I gotta admit, but here in Orlando our buildings seem taller than they actually are at least to me anyway. With some more density like were getting, and good design, we will have a skyline to be proud of. Ofcourse it would be nice to have a 600 footer, one of my favorite buildings and my dream tower for Orlando would be something like the Bank of America tower in Jax, just my opinion though.

Magic-107 Heat-104 HELL YEAH GO MAGIC!!!!!!!

the whole height issue aside, here's what I see as ORL's strengths: big meaningful projects (maybe not in height, but moreso in mass (from 55W and Paramount to Shingle Creek and the OCCC); strength in retail, albeit not in downtown unfortunately; grand residential developments like Baldwin, Celebration, and the like with their own city centers; expansive office and industrial developments ala PUD's peppering the region.

I think Orlando is great b/c of its tourism numbers and everything that tourism brings (retail, hotels, etc.). That being said, I think that anything on top of that is just icing on the cake, although many feel that the cake sucks to begin with.

FYI-- goto Orlando Fashion Square to the parking deck roof and look back at the skyline-- very nice perspective. very cool.

the whole height issue aside, here's what I see as ORL's strengths: big meaningful projects (maybe not in height, but moreso in mass (from 55W and Paramount to Shingle Creek and the OCCC); strength in retail, albeit not in downtown unfortunately; grand residential developments like Baldwin, Celebration, and the like with their own city centers; expansive office and industrial developments ala PUD's peppering the region.

I think Orlando is great b/c of its tourism numbers and everything that tourism brings (retail, hotels, etc.). That being said, I think that anything on top of that is just icing on the cake, although many feel that the cake sucks to begin with.

FYI-- goto Orlando Fashion Square to the parking deck roof and look back at the skyline-- very nice perspective. very cool.

How about some photos from that angle for us who live out of town thanks

• 3 weeks later...

I think they should put a walmart supercenter there. Then downtown will be crowded and the homeless has a place to hang out. The train ridership will go up and people live in downtown, dont have to drive all the way to the burbs for a Great Value brand products.

This is sacarstic...right??.......... :blink:

This is sacarstic...right??.......... :blink:

I HOPE SO IF THEY BUILD A WALMART DOWNTOWN IM LEAVING TOWN. I CAN SEE IT NOW 5 STORY WAL-MART SUPERCENTER ON THE NORTH SIDE OF LAKE EOLA, SIT OUT ON THE STORE BALCONY AND EAT YOUR CHICKEN NUGGETS AND SIP YOUR COKE FROM THE MCDONALDS ON THE 3RD FLOOR THEN THROW THE TRASH DOWN ON THE STREET. GRIDLOCK EVERYWHERE, SCREAMING CHILDREN RUNNING AROUND THE STORE DISTURBING THE PEACEFUL PARK. NOT TO MENTION LAKE EOLA AREA CAN BECOME THE PRIME SPOT FOR MURDERS TAKING AWAY THE COMPETITION FROM CRIMEHILLS (PINE HILLS), GHETTOWEST (METROWEST). :cry:

I think they should put a walmart supercenter there. Then downtown will be crowded and the homeless has a place to hang out. The train ridership will go up and people live in downtown dont have to drive all the way to the burbs for a Great Value brand products.

I agree completely!!!! Put a WalMart Super Center, a Super Target and a few other discount stores and fast food joints on top of a 10 story parking garage right there on the Pizzuti site. Put a covered walkway from the train station to the entrance. Throw in some office floors and make the whole thing a massive highrise building surrounded by a lush green city park with walking trails and waterfalls. I'd practically live there.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

What happened to the Sentinel's 99% sure EA would be moving downtown? I believe that was published 3 months ago. They made it sound like an announcement was close..I'd have to think this and 100 W Livingston could not get off the ground without one company needing at least needing 200K sq ft+

Archived