Center Place

cwetteland

• Replies 645
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thats alright. This wasn't the next project to breakground that I was referencing anyways. Wrong one-way street.

wrong one-way street? hmmm.

What's going up on Rosalind/Magnolia? from south to north, we've got Capital Plaza III, TT, The Rosalind, former Ridgely site, the M?, Sky Towers...

am I way off?

I always thought Barley's group was way out of their league on this one. He also bought the lot I belive 8 Seconds is on. I wonder if he is selling that one too? With Commuter Rail coming in this is a very important lot to get built...I guess the soonest we could see action on this lot now would be 2008...

Capital Plaza III should be breaking ground soon...

If so, this would be amazing to see: Capital Plaza III and TT within a block of each other both under construction roughly around the same time (I hope).

You know who could get something done with this lot rather quickly ? And I don't know that some of you would not like this ... Novarre.

Novarre... as in the Tampa project?

If so, this would be amazing to see: Capital Plaza III and TT within a block of each other both under construction roughly around the same time (I hope).

Novarre... as in the Tampa project?

Yes, and Tampa, and Nashville, and Charlotte, and Austin, and Atlanta, and ...

At least if Lincoln Property bought it something would get built. Downtown might start to get even more monotonous since Lincoln's buildings look so similar. They're nice and have decent crown ornamentation, but we don't want downtown to look like an overgrown office park built by one developer either.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

A huge fence around most of the lot and those green pedestal things with the contact information. If they're already taking calls regarding leasing of the property, do they have anything in mind as far as what they'll do with the lot?

How quickly do you imagine they'll begin doing anything? Also, I was curious, if this is going to be near the site of a commuter rail station, will any contruction be delayed pending the planning of the commuter rail station? Or would the station be integrated into whatever is developed?

Ahhh! The Questions!!!

A huge fence around most of the lot and those green pedestal things with the contact information. If they're already taking calls regarding leasing of the property, do they have anything in mind as far as what they'll do with the lot?

How quickly do you imagine they'll begin doing anything? Also, I was curious, if this is going to be near the site of a commuter rail station, will any contruction be delayed pending the planning of the commuter rail station? Or would the station be integrated into whatever is developed?

Ahhh! The Questions!!!

good questions.

I'm wondering on which side of the tracks the station will be, b/c if its on the western side, they're going to have to demolish some of the bus overhangs to build a station. or, they can build a large station integrated with retail and public space on the Pizzuti block- moreso than they otherwise had planned for.

Dormant city block may again be in play

Lincoln Property has put up signs around the 5.64-acre lot near the courthouse building.

Jack Snyder {sodEmoji.|} Sentinel Staff Writer

Posted November 16, 2006

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/business/or...iness-headlines

When I read this article I had to laugh..... more SIGNS and they want to lure EA downtown. This story could have been written 12 months ago; in fact the sentinel could just keep this article for a template for further NON news about this parcel of land. :rofl:

Dormant city block may again be in play

Lincoln Property has put up signs around the 5.64-acre lot near the courthouse building.

I don't know what Lincoln has planned for the space, but I don't think EA is gonna be a part of it. :shades:

I hope Lincoln draws up something tall. With Uptown to have more buildings and the CBD filling in, this could be and should be the new focal point (as someone mentioned in another thread needing a new FP - not SunTrust) of downtown.

I don't know what Lincoln has planned for the space, but I don't think EA is gonna be a part of it. :shades:

I hope Lincoln draws up something tall. With Uptown to have more buildings and the CBD filling in, this could be and should be the new focal point (as someone mentioned in another thread needing a new FP - not SunTrust) of downtown.

Perhaps the difference between Lincoln and the two-bit PBLT is that Lincoln won't have to put all of its eggs in one basket.

bulldogger -

Do you believe that EA is coming downtown at all ? Or are they going to remain un-hip and stay in the suburbs ?

Archived