Center Place

cwetteland

I don't know what Lincoln has planned for the space, but I don't think EA is gonna be a part of it. :shades:

I hope Lincoln draws up something tall. With Uptown to have more buildings and the CBD filling in, this could be and should be the new focal point (as someone mentioned in another thread needing a new FP - not SunTrust) of downtown.

What would be great is a new mid town cluster even more dense and taller than the current Suntrust / PTP cluster. It's possible with this block and if Orlando CityPlace materializes.

• Replies 645
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How cutting-edge of EA.

*sarcasm*

You know Dale, EA may just be following a market trend in that most technology companies prefer the suburban style office campus. Google, SGI, Apple, IBM, etc.. in Silicon Valley that's the predominant office style. There are a few companies in the CBD of San Jose and San Francisco, but for the most part this is their preferred location.

You know Dale, EA may just be following a market trend in that most technology companies prefer the suburban style office campus. Google, SGI, Apple, IBM, etc.. in Silicon Valley that's the predominant office style. There are a few companies in the CBD of San Jose and San Francisco, but for the most part this is their preferred location.

they want to be downtown for all the benefits it offers, but i don't think they want to pay for it

they want to be downtown for all the benefits it offers, but i don't think they want to pay for it

If that's the case, you'd think Dyer's 'creative village' vision would be the perfect marriage of a common goal (getting EA downtown) with a reason for the city to supply an incentive. Which means it really just comes down to getting that vision together ASAP before the city misses the opportunity.

If that's the case, you'd think Dyer's 'creative village' vision would be the perfect marriage of a common goal (getting EA downtown) with a reason for the city to supply an incentive. Which means it really just comes down to getting that vision together ASAP before the city misses the opportunity.

the city has been involved offering an incentive, but they would have to throw down a lot more to make this happen. i'd love to give some numbers right now, but i can't.

Maitland could be giving half the incentives as the city, but it still might not balance/surpass the costs EA would incur from moving downtown.

What a huge catalyst their presense would provide though.

Yes, it did occur to me, after posting, that Maitland would be quite a bit cheaper to begin with.

I "heard" they are putting more signs up...... :yahoo:

You got me...I put up one of those handlettered 'sprinkler repair' signs, and also wrote a small note that our new offices were going up there as part of a new multi-modal transportation/office/sprinkler repair complex. Also, we'll be giving seminars to the homeless on how they can buy foreclosed homes. However, due to legal issues we won't be able to provide lunch.

And before you ask, yes the building will look great from I-4, it will actually resemble a huge black sprinkler head/rotor thingy visible from all parts of town, kind of like that MCP or whatever it is in 'TRON'.

Or something like that. I'm bored.

You got me...I put up one of those handlettered 'sprinkler repair' signs, and also wrote a small note that our new offices were going up there as part of a new multi-modal transportation/office/sprinkler repair complex. Also, we'll be giving seminars to the homeless on how they can buy foreclosed homes. However, due to legal issues we won't be able to provide lunch.

And before you ask, yes the building will look great from I-4, it will actually resemble a huge black sprinkler head/rotor thingy visible from all parts of town, kind of like that MCP or whatever it is in 'TRON'.

Or something like that. I'm bored.

this is a joke, is it not? i know i don't work in urban development so i may not get all the inside jokes from time to time, but anytime someone uses a Tron reference, there has to be humor involved.

this is a joke, is it not? i know i don't work in urban development so i may not get all the inside jokes from time to time, but anytime someone uses a Tron reference, there has to be humor involved.

That would be a safe assumption.

I dunno what's happening there. All I know is they spent a lot on the fence and a little bit on some drainage pipe that they bought to stick on the site a while back. If that has been buried or just slowly removed I don't know. Since that time the lot has been pretty fallow.

That would be a safe assumption.

I dunno what's happening there. All I know is they spent a lot on the fence and a little bit on some drainage pipe that they bought to stick on the site a while back. If that has been buried or just slowly removed I don't know. Since that time the lot has been pretty fallow.

So no "huge black sprinkler head/rotor thingy"? That's it, I'm gonna go jump off the BOA tower.

So no "huge black sprinkler head/rotor thingy"? That's it, I'm gonna go jump off the BOA tower.

It wpuld make alot of sense since lincoln bought this property.I bet they will in the future build something very impressive on this lot and hopefully very tall!They have deep pockets maybe a fortune 500 company coming to ORlando?

Archived