Picture of the Day in Northwest Arkansas

Mith242

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I like Bell Engineering because of all the angles.

I like the look on the outside as well. However, as a long time student occupant of that building, the interior function is not so great. The elevators were improperly designed or some such (as I was told by my professors... they frequently broke down). Since it is symetrical, it is not easy to navigate (it took me a few years to figure out). The air circulation is terrible-- the inside middle is open and spacious (which I liked), but the top floor gets scorching hot while the bottom floor can get very cold. And the computer room in the basement (we called "the dungeon") was always, always hot.

But if you didn't have to work/study in there, it's pretty cool.

I like the look on the outside as well. However, as a long time student occupant of that building, the interior function is not so great. The elevators were improperly designed or some such (as I was told by my professors... they frequently broke down). Since it is symetrical, it is not easy to navigate (it took me a few years to figure out). The air circulation is terrible-- the inside middle is open and spacious (which I liked), but the top floor gets scorching hot while the bottom floor can get very cold. And the computer room in the basement (we called "the dungeon") was always, always hot.

But if you didn't have to work/study in there, it's pretty cool.

Yeah I did saw I liked to look at it and take pics of it. I didn't say anything else about it. :lol: I've heard a few things about it, but guess I didn't realize it was that bad.

Here's the entrance to a well known building.

oldmaindoorstg6.jpg

Yeah I did saw I liked to look at it and take pics of it. I didn't say anything else about it. :lol: I've heard a few things about it, but guess I didn't realize it was that bad.

Here's the entrance to a well known building.

Is that the front door to Old Main perhaps?

Here's another pic from around Old Main. I was originally just going for the brick sidewalk. But then realized my new wide angle lens was wide enough to get part of Old Main. I thought about trying to get all of Old Main like this, but then you don't see much of the brick sidewalk.

oldmainbricksidewalkpm8.jpg

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

We should start a thread for Northwest Arkansas-related pictures (pictures of downtown Fayetteville, Pinnacle Hills, other developed areas) so that outsiders can kind of see how the city looks. I know when I go to other threads it would be nice to just see how the downtown is looking these days, and how the views of the city look from different vantage points. AKA do a skyline view thread.

We should start a thread for Northwest Arkansas-related pictures (pictures of downtown Fayetteville, Pinnacle Hills, other developed areas) so that outsiders can kind of see how the city looks. I know when I go to other threads it would be nice to just see how the downtown is looking these days, and how the views of the city look from different vantage points. AKA do a skyline view thread.

Interesting idea. I admit I've really cut back on the pic taking. Well guess I still take pics but I don't post them here as often. There didn't seem to be as much interest.

Interesting idea. I admit I've really cut back on the pic taking. Well guess I still take pics but I don't post them here as often. There didn't seem to be as much interest.

Well, I'd take a picture of the Lofts being built or the bird poop on the Hilcrest tower any day over the idle-newsday squabble.

Your pics are really good. Some of the rest of us should continue to contribute, too.

Well, I'd take a picture of the Lofts being built or the bird poop on the Hilcrest tower any day over the idle-newsday squabble.

Your pics are really good. Some of the rest of us should continue to contribute, too.

Thanks. Yeah it's nice to see others contribute as well.

Archived