Picture of the Day in Northwest Arkansas

Mith242

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here's a view of Dickson St from the Underwood Lofts parking deck.

dicksonstfromunderwoodlvs9.jpg

I know you've taken pics of the East Square Plaza building (B of A) on the square in Fayetteville. Do you have any available for purchase or can you take an updated photo? Price? Pass along your email address if you don't mind.

Absolutely awesome view of the street and surrounding area. Did you happen to take one of the downtown square area from the deck?

Thanks, I did but they didn't turn out well. The sun was at a bad angle at the time I was taking the pics. I need to go back sometime a little later in the day and try taking some shots of the downtown area.

I know you've taken pics of the East Square Plaza building (B of A) on the square in Fayetteville. Do you have any available for purchase or can you take an updated photo? Price? Pass along your email address if you don't mind.

I've taken some in the past but wouldn't mind going out to take some more now that it's more complete now.

This is the fountain in the courtyard between the business buildings on the University of Arkansas campuss. I like the way the sun is reflected off the glass in the new business building onto the fountain.

DSCN0504.jpg

Cool, nice shot. I don't think I've ever seen this fountain before.

Cool, nice shot. I don't think I've ever seen this fountain before.

The courtyard they have setup is actually very nice. You always see students in the area around the coffee house and the fountain. They did an amazing job with the two new buildings. I am not that fond of the Block design but I still think it is an amazing building and it has some of the best views on campus. I am slightly in love with what the UofA has done on parts of the campus, this area being one of them.

I wonder if they fixed the leak yet? On the north back side of the fountain there was a leak and it would go down the north side and come around front where it would run into the drain right in front of the fountain. Not the most desirable thing to have happening to a brand new fountain.

By the way, those are amazing pictures that have been posted. Thank you!

Hmmm...I'm getting low on new pics and the weather doesn't necessarily look great to get out and take pics this weekend. I posted some shots on this development on another topic. I have some B&W shots of it as well that I'll post over here. The new 5 West Mountain Development on the Square.

bw5mountainwestdevelopmwh5.jpg

I like how the B&W photos show contrast so well. They give such a strong and in some pics stark impression.

Here's the WAC on the last real snowy day I remember- I took a lot of photos that day walking around the central part of town. I like the urban look Hillcrest Towers adds to it. The pic could have been positioned better but I couldn't back up anymore, LOL.

DSCN0180.jpg

I like how the B&W photos show contrast so well. They give such a strong and in some pics stark impression.

Here's the WAC on the last real snowy day I remember- I took a lot of photos that day walking around the central part of town. I like the urban look Hillcrest Towers adds to it. The pic could have been positioned better but I couldn't back up anymore, LOL.

Thanks. Too bad your pic isn't a precursor to what's to come later. But it looks like we'll be getting freezing rain and maybe some sleet not snow. I think I've already given up getting any snow pics for this season. Anyway thanks for posting the pic.

• 2 weeks later...

This is One Mt. Nord in Fayetteville. It's the very noticeable home on top of the hill looking north from downtown. I've always thought it was the coolest house in a very spectacular setting.

Yeah I know exactly where this is. It is a very nice setting. I'm guessing the hill in that area is called Mt Nord. One of those names you rarely hear anymore.

Archived