Picture of the Day in Northwest Arkansas

Mith242

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nice shot considering our downtown is usually pretty dark at night. It must be from North St.

Very good. Yeah it's at the old Washington Regional parking lot. I think this was an 8 second exposure. I still haven't gotten a good replacement for my broken tripod. But I do have something that somewhat works. :lol:

• 2 weeks later...

I thought this was an interesting pic. The 1886 David Adams Bldg reflected on the 1887 AG Edwards Bldg. Although the black marble is actually from a 1950's remodel.

davidadamsbldgreflectiosm2.jpg

Nice pic. Black & write digital photos- we've come a complete circle, huh? B&W really adds something to it artistically, although I guess for news type photos color is better.

I wonder what that building looks like under that 50's remodel skin. I think it's been discussed before but I'd really like to see it returned to it's original look some day.

Nice pic. Black & write digital photos- we've come a complete circle, huh? B&W really adds something to it artistically, although I guess for news type photos color is better.

I wonder what that building looks like under that 50's remodel skin. I think it's been discussed before but I'd really like to see it returned to it's original look some day.

Yeah I've been trying a lot more B&W lately. I used to only be a color person. But for some shots B&W really does seem to work better.

I agree with you about the building. I've seen an old pic or postcard of it. Seems like the Chamber of Commerce uses an old pic/postcard on one of their brochures that shows part of that building and how it used to look. It's been a while since I've seen it but I remember it being interesting looking.

Here's another shot just focusing on the reflection. It's weird because it came out almost looking like one of those old vintage photos.

downtownfayettevillebw1xn8.jpg

Yeah I've been trying a lot more B&W lately. I used to only be a color person. But for some shots B&W really does seem to work better.

I agree with you about the building. I've seen an old pic or postcard of it. Seems like the Chamber of Commerce uses an old pic/postcard on one of their brochures that shows part of that building and how it used to look. It's been a while since I've seen it but I remember it being interesting looking.

Here's another shot just focusing on the reflection. It's weird because it came out almost looking like one of those old vintage photos.

downtownfayettevillebw1xn8.jpg

Great pics Rod! I really like this mirror image pic... you could put together a portfolio of similar mirror image pics of various locations around Arkansas. It would make a great gallery showcase or even a great coffee table book of pictures.

Great pics Rod! I really like this mirror image pic... you could put together a portfolio of similar mirror image pics of various locations around Arkansas. It would make a great gallery showcase or even a great coffee table book of pictures.

Interesting idea, but I wonder if there's enough places to take shots like this. I was surprised how these shots came out. Maybe I just hit it at the right moment in lighting but I never expected that black marble to reflect the image of the David Adams Bldg so well.

• 1 month later...

Archived