Picture of the Day in Northwest Arkansas

Mith242

Here's another shot of Old Main. I accidentally came across this location. I'm pretty sure I've seen pics from this angle but never quite knew where people were taking these pics from. Just wish I figured this out while we still had some fall color.

oldmainuofa01sr9.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks, more to come over the weekend. :D

Very cool, I'll be checking back here to see them when I can!

We've got friends coming down from Texarkana tomorrow, maybe we'll get to go to Christmas in Roseland so I can get some shots. If not, we have even more friends coming down from Texarkana on Sunday and they've been wanting to go out there. Either way, we should end up out there this weekend.

Nice. I regret not making an effort to going down there at night.

Yeah I haven't been by at any odd time to see when they turn them off. I might try to check it out again early in the morning this weekend when there aren't all the crowds. Made it hard to get pics sometimes with so many people out. But it is nice to see people out enjoying it. I know the colored lights aren't to everyone's liking. I missed having the section around the Bank of Fayetteville lit up. It's under renovation right now. But I liked how that little section of the Square looked last year. One other thing I noticed I don't remember there being camel rides last year either. So this year you had the option of the horse carriages, pony rides and camel rides.

Okay here's some more Lights of the Ozarks pics. I'm not going to bother trying to spread these out posting them all over the weekend. I'm just going to go ahead and post them all now. Although I do have some other nights pics to post later on over the weekend.

lightsozarksfayettevilltf3.jpg

lightsozarksfayettevillpc2.jpg

lightsozarksfayettevilldj2.jpg

lightsozarksfayettevillsq7.jpg

lightsozarksfayettevillun9.jpg

lightsozarksfayettevilllo8.jpg

lightsozarksfayettevillhs2.jpg

lightsozarksfayettevillcg5.jpg

lightsozarksfayettevillrv4.jpg

lightsozarksfayettevilloj3.jpg

Here's a random shot around Dickson. I guess you can't really see anything here that let's you know it's Christmas, maybe the lights around Underwoods. I didn't notice it at first but you can even see the cross on Mt Sequoyah in the upper right part of the pic.

dicksonnightchristmas01ua5.jpg

Archived