Picture of the Day in Northwest Arkansas

Mith242

If I had a camera that was something better than mediocre, I'd probably post some, but I haven't been able to make myself buy a nice SLR camera for nothing more than personal use yet.

Yeah DSLRs are pretty pricey. But don't dismiss all other cameras though. Most of my pics I've posted here except for the newest ones weren't taken with a DSLR.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Eh, I have a P.O.S. point and shoot Kodak. It wasn't expensive, but as rarely as I use a digital camera, it's been fine.

If you ever decide to look into something else give Canon and Nikon a try. They make some pretty nice point and shoot cameras as well. I was really happy with my point and shoot Canons before I finally made the move to get a DSLR.

Not everyone favorite building. But I was out trying a new lens and got some shots. Thought I'd start off with this one.

thelegacybldgmu6.jpg

I like that shot. I've always wondered about that white house seen in the upper right-- you can see that house from the Dickson/Lafayette area, and I imagine it's got such a great view.

Not everyone favorite building. But I was out trying a new lens and got some shots. Thought I'd start off with this one.

thelegacybldgmu6.jpg

That is a great shot! If the Legacy had looked like the original rendering it would have looked much better. As it is, it is very impressive at night- you might get a shot of it after dark and post it. It will look great from the new Locust Street Townhouses. You do a great job with your camera- I encourage you to post more of your work. I take a lot of pics but don't have the artistic sense you have, much less the equipment.

That is a great shot! If the Legacy had looked like the original rendering it would have looked much better. As it is, it is very impressive at night- you might get a shot of it after dark and post it. It will look great from the new Locust Street Townhouses. You do a great job with your camera- I encourage you to post more of your work. I take a lot of pics but don't have the artistic sense you have, much less the equipment.

Thanks. I'll start trying to post more often. Yeah I've been wanting to get some night shots but just haven't made it out. My schedule has me up early mornings and I'm still used to that even on the weekends. With the days so long it's late (for me) to get good shots once it's really nice and dark. But I'm going to get me some night shots, it's just a matter of time.

Those are some beautiful shots Mith! Those pics show one of the amazing things about Fayetteville that I've never seen (even in pictures) with any other city, and that is the perfect balance between urban architecture and nature. I can guarantee that passersby rarely see in person what you are capturing with your camera.

Those are some beautiful shots Mith! Those pics show one of the amazing things about Fayetteville that I've never seen (even in pictures) with any other city, and that is the perfect balance between urban architecture and nature. I can guarantee that passersby rarely see in person what you are capturing with your camera.

Thanks, for a while I hadn't really been posting many pics, but I'm trying to pick back up. Now I'm just trying to space things out and not post everything I have in just one or two days.

I was out trying to get some pics of the sunrise but there was too much fog. So I thought I'd see if I could try getting some other shots. Luckily East Mtn/Mt Sequoyah was above the fog. Although not much else was. The crane at the Renaissance project was one of the few things sticking up out of the fog.

fayettevillefoggymorninoy1.jpg

fayettevillefoggymorninzt2.jpg

^ I like that pic and the crane over the fog a lot. Very nice!

Thanks. I wish there was a little more showing than just the crane. I've seen a pics before of Old Main sticking up out of the fog. That's a shot I'd really love to get.

Great pics as usual Rod. The crane above the fog as well as the new business building at the university...absolutly amazing. I guess I need to check out this parking garage, I have never been in it and it looks like a interesting place for some pictures.

Great pics as usual Rod. The crane above the fog as well as the new business building at the university...absolutly amazing. I guess I need to check out this parking garage, I have never been in it and it looks like a interesting place for some pictures.

Yeah I like using it a lot. Not to park but to take pics. Either taking pics of it itself or taking pics from it. They've had the top part closed off since February though. But with it being on the side of a hill you can get some nice shots of downtown to the east.

Those are some spectactular shots Rod! Some of those pics, especially that foggy UA building, got me imagining a few movies that could be remade using various locations in Fayetteville. The foggy building alone gave me the creepy feeling of a modern Jack-The-Ripper slasher flick, but there are a great many movies that could benefit from scenery in Fayetteville.

Where are all the location scouts hiding? Do they not realize what they're missing out on in Fayetteville??? :dontknow:

Archived