Picture of the Day in Northwest Arkansas

Mith242

Good Luck is all I can say. If Pinnacle security catches you then you at risk of getting banned from the property. I recommend taking a picture at Bellview and Perry. It would be perfect for a panorama shot of the Promenade, Mercy Hospital, Embassy Suites, Shopps at Pinnacle, etc.

ya, i know what you're talking about, that intersection offers a great view. One of my friends used to live in that old white house on the corner right there many years ago.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Okay not the best day to go out and take pics. But I wanted to check out a future development location near the Square and the Fayetteville Town Center. The building directly behind the Lewis Brothers Hardware Building is a certain. But it's so small some of us forumers are wonder if the Lewis Brothers Hardware Building (1908) could be a part of it as well. I took a few pics of it as well. I don't know if many people know it by that name. I think more people know it for having those little soldiers in the front window on the Square.

lewisbrothersbuilding016xa.jpg

This building is currently called Executive Square. It is the building with the model soldiers in the front window. I will try to find its historical name. The building that the Bank of Fayetteville is housed in is the Lewis Hardware Bldg.

Thanks for the correction Thia. I wonder where I got that idea then. :blush::lol:

Actually the more I think about it I think I got that somewhere off the internet. Maybe I need to research this more before I make these statements. Anyway thanks for pointing that out. On a side note looks like the development just behind this building by the Town Center was approved by the Planning Commission as well.

This is the old Davidson Shoes building. It was a neat old store in the late 60's and 70's with a unique stairwell in the middle of the building.

Ah, thanks for the info and welcome to the forum. :D What do you mean by a unique stairwell in the middle of the building? To be honest I'm still trying to figure out what that building is being used for now. Aside from having those model soldiers out front.

• 3 weeks later...

Haven't posted a lot here recently. Here's a pic from a few nights ago out in the snow.

uofasnowgt5.jpg

Man, Rod, that's SPECTACULAR! I love it.

And snow... pfft... we never get that! We had a VERY light snow last week. I had a light layer accumulate on the lid of my garbage can, but nowhere else. And for the last 2 days it's been nearly 80 degrees. What I wouldn't give for a decent snowfall!!

• 2 weeks later...

I just found this pic and have to add my kudos. That is a cool photo- almost looks cg. Good job!!

Thanks for the comments, I appreciate it. I just got a nice new lens for my camera so I'm hoping to start posting some more pics on here in the upcoming weeks.

Ah, thanks for the info and welcome to the forum. :D What do you mean by a unique stairwell in the middle of the building? To be honest I'm still trying to figure out what that building is being used for now. Aside from having those model soldiers out front.

It's a office lease space for executive offices. Lawyers, developers, business owners, realtors, insurance agents. Short term leases to accommodate new businesses looking to expand or develop in Fayetteville. Great opportunity for anyone of you looking for good office space at good rates. A receptionist, mailbox and office equipment are included. If anyone needs info, let me know. I'm not connected with it. I just happened to get the tour recently and know the info.

Finally, I'm going to start posting some more pics here. I like to take pics when things are green outside. Even though that hasn't happened yet I've got my first really nice lens and will be going out to try it out. Here's the Old Courthouse, well part of it. I tried to cut out most of the scaffolding and such since it's being renovated.

oldwashingtoncountycourig8.jpg

Archived