Picture of the Day in Northwest Arkansas

Mith242

Some more shots from the first night of Lights of the Ozarks. Had to get a few razorback shots. The Razorbug was out as well.

lightsoftheozarks12ry6.jpg

lightsoftheozarks13yx3.jpg

lightsoftheozarks18xj5.jpg

lightsoftheozarks19bx3.jpg

Thanks for the pics Rod, I was down there as well watching the parade from the Bank of America condos. I wish I could afford one of those, what a great way to see the lights.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks for the pics Rod, I was down there as well watching the parade from the Bank of America condos. I wish I could afford one of those, what a great way to see the lights.

Thanks. I started off closer to the Town Center but moved up to the condos before the parade was over. Yeah certainly nice condos, wish I could afford one as well.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

A bird enjoying the sunshine today in my backyard.

birdin5.jpg

Very nice shot. I believe it's a Red-bellied Woodpecker. I saw a Pileated Woodpecker at Lake Fayetteville a couple of weeks ago. I took a few pics but wasn't able to get too close to it before some people scared it away. If you don't mind me asking what kind of camera do you have?

Some snow photos from this morning...

Old Wire Road

oldwireroadgn0.jpg

Crossover Road

crossoverroadqc8.jpg

Yeah I didn't have a chance to take pics before work and by the time I was off work it was mainly gone.

I'll eventually post this over in the development topic but I thought I'd post this pic here first. The Lofts at Underwood Plaza at night.

loftsatunderwoodplazaateg7.jpg

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

While taking pics of developments going on in Fayetteville I caught some of the Joe Martine Stage Race going on down in downtown Fayetteville.

joemartinstagerace01ex3.jpg

Great pics Rod! Very professional looking... maybe even better! I especially like the way you not only caught the racers, but also some very modern downtown elements. I especially like this pic because of the blurred group of bystanders in the background and the sharp edges of the building behind them. What building is that, btw?

Great pics Rod! Very professional looking... maybe even better! I especially like the way you not only caught the racers, but also some very modern downtown elements. I especially like this pic because of the blurred group of bystanders in the background and the sharp edges of the building behind them. What building is that, btw?

Thanks. I saw some professional photographers not too far from where I was. I think they were with the newspapers. I wish I had payed more attention to that building. I'm not positive but there's a Loafin' Joe's in that area, I think it might be that. I'm not sure what the building used to be before they moved in.

• 8 months later...

Gorgeous. I only wish the Legacy exterior finish was as beautiful as this.

I agree with you there. I don't hate the Legacy like some, but it's a lot easier to get excited about the Underwood Lofts than the Legacy. I think originally the Legacy was going to be a nicer development but with rising construction costs I think Barber ended up going cheap and it sorta shows.

Archived