Picture of the Day in Northwest Arkansas

Mith242

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Excellent shot Rod. I love the color and the light reflecting off the street.

Yeah I haven't had many chances to try to get some night shots with the streets wet reflecting the light. Although I still had a few problems last night keep my stuff dry. Here's another Dickson St shot.

dicksonstfayetteville02bq5.jpg

Awesome shot! Almost surreal. Your camera probably sees a lot more at night than just the naked eye.

On my old camera I could only leave the shutter open 15 seconds. On this one I can leave it open much longer to allow more light to come in. Technically it's not a very good shot and it's overdeveloped. But I was just trying to get a different view of the crane and was also trying to see what would happen really pushing the shutter open a lot longer and got that shot.

Nice shot Mith. I like the way the lighting is portrayed in these shots.

Thanks Matt. I'm still waiting to get some more opportunities to go out and take some more shots. Including some that are a bit more urban. But it's a bit cold for that now, I'm waiting for things to warm up. I'll probably see if I can wait till the weekend. The weather this weekend really held me back. In another week or two I should have a new lens to play with too.

Here's another shot from the Fayetteville Square. You can see (somewhat) One East Center/Bank of Fayetteville Building on the right. The building in the upper left with the lights is the Cosmopolitan/Radisson. The one with the somewhat greenish lighting is the Continuing Education Building.

fayettevillesquare03ue2.jpg

How about some pics of Rogers?

Yeah I need to get back up there sometime. It hasn't helped weather has been bad on the weekends recently. It's a bit harder for me to make it up there on a week day. Just out of curiosity what in Rogers would everyone want pics of? Of course anyone else is welcome to post pics on here as well. Don't feel shy. :D

Okay not the best day to go out and take pics. But I wanted to check out a future development location near the Square and the Fayetteville Town Center. The building directly behind the Lewis Brothers Hardware Building is a certain. But it's so small some of us forumers are wonder if the Lewis Brothers Hardware Building (1908) could be a part of it as well. I took a few pics of it as well. I don't know if many people know it by that name. I think more people know it for having those little soldiers in the front window on the Square.

lewisbrothersbuilding016xa.jpg

lewisbrothersbuilding026uy.jpg

lewisbrothersbuilding036if.jpg

lewisbrothersbuilding040ff.jpg

Yeah I need to get back up there sometime. It hasn't helped weather has been bad on the weekends recently. It's a bit harder for me to make it up there on a week day. Just out of curiosity what in Rogers would everyone want pics of? Of course anyone else is welcome to post pics on here as well. Don't feel shy. :D

pics of pinnacle would be cool. if you go the jc penny parking lot at the prominade or the best buy parking lot, you get a good view of the hotels and knwa building. looks very downtownish(is that a word?) lake atalanta(yes i remembered the extra "a") and beaver lake are good places for scenic shots. just some suggestions.

pics of pinnacle would be cool. if you go the jc penny parking lot at the prominade or the best buy parking lot, you get a good view of the hotels and knwa building. looks very downtownish(is that a word?) lake atalanta(yes i remembered the extra "a") and beaver lake are good places for scenic shots. just some suggestions.

Good Luck is all I can say. If Pinnacle security catches you then you at risk of getting banned from the property. I recommend taking a picture at Bellview and Perry. It would be perfect for a panorama shot of the Promenade, Mercy Hospital, Embassy Suites, Shopps at Pinnacle, etc.

Archived