Restaurant Development in NW Arkansas

mcheiss

I loved Gonzales Mexican--cheap and tasty--but alas, it is now gone!

Give it some time, I hope I can get this worked out and get them back open in a few months. I can't promise anything, but the owners are going to try to build back a better building. I'll give updates are info gets to me.

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

mzweig,

Eat This! had a billboard on northbound I-540 near the Benton/Washington county line. They also were the subject of a KNWA story.

This is surprising to say the least.

Ah....that's why I am ignorant about them. Now that we moved my in-laws from Bella Vista to F-Ville, I just don't go up that way very often.

Give it some time, I hope I can get this worked out and get them back open in a few months. I can't promise anything, but the owners are going to try to build back a better building. I'll give updates are info gets to me.

It would be cool if they rebuilt it as a Chinese restaurant but served Gonzales' food. Wait a minute--that's the way it was before the fire! Maybe this time you guys can help them get a little southwestern flair in there. I hope they come back. I really liked those people.

No!!!!!!!!!

That was the best restaurant in Rogers. I can't believe this. First they close The Market, which was the only upscale grocer in the metro. Now this. This was one of the few restaurants in Rogers that actually had culture.

From what everyone was saying it was quite popular. The problem didn't seem to be lack of customers. But so far no one has been able to figure out what exactly happened.

Cool, not sure whether it can replace La Huerta to me but I'd certainly be willing to try them out sometime.

From what everyone was saying it was quite popular. The problem didn't seem to be lack of customers. But so far no one has been able to figure out what exactly happened.

Cool, not sure whether it can replace La Huerta to me but I'd certainly be willing to try them out sometime.

Mith--we like La Huerta a lot, too. Fast service and a decent atmosphere are two of their best qualities. Gonzales had really great food, fast service, and a super wierd atmosphere (as it literally landed in a Chinese restaurant!).

Mith--we like La Huerta a lot, too. Fast service and a decent atmosphere are two of their best qualities. Gonzales had really great food, fast service, and a super wierd atmosphere (as it literally landed in a Chinese restaurant!).

It used to be Lins Chinese then another Chinese restaurant moved in but had some problems. Then it sat vacant for a few months until Gonzalas moved in just about a month or two ago.

interesting article in the Morning news about the restaurant. Sounds to me like the owners just copped out when they realized that they couldn't make a faster buck and had some competition.

Exactly.

The paper said it was a number of things, but I think you nailed it.

I wonder what's going to become of the building now. I wish another upscale grocer would come. That area is right in the middle of Pinnacle, with Interstate access as well.

I have heard that Kobe Steakhouse has a sign up at the old Pizza Inn location in Steele Crossing (in the Target, shopping center)

Well, the Gazette confirmed that this will be the second Kobe in NWA, by the same company. This location will be twice the size of the Bentonville location. It will seat about 100 people and have 15 employees. Also, it will be in the Pizza Inn building.

The restaurant will have a sushi bar and hibachi grills.

Thanks for the early info acx_guy, you nailed this one. :thumbsup:

Looks like a new pub is going in down on Dickson just east of Emilia's. I saw this a while back ago and kept forgetting to post the info. Now I can't remember the name I saw on the windows. But it reminded me of something that gave me a British impression.

A British Pub?

That would be awesome. It could have a British Phone Booth outside, Beers on tap all the way across the bar, Fish & Chips for sale, Darts and Pool, as well as British or Scottish music playing in the background.

That would be sweet.

Now, I'm not sure how 'British' this will be but just the name and logo gave me a British vibe to this pub. I might try to go out sometime tomorrow and take a few pics. I'll see if I can stop by there and check it out again. I could be mistaken on this before I get anyone's hopes up. I do think a British style pub would be interesting. It would also help distinguish itself from the other pubs around Dickson and the Square. It does make me wonder how many pubs/brewhouses can that are support.

A British Pub?

That would be awesome. It could have a British Phone Booth outside, Beers on tap all the way across the bar, Fish & Chips for sale, Darts and Pool, as well as British or Scottish music playing in the background.

That would be sweet.

Ever been to the Underground in the River Market? It's kind of like that. Dickson needs a few more bars with more personality, I bet this goes over well.

What it could mean is that one of the existing places ends up closing. Unfortunately I believe I've heard tht Hoghaus Brewery has had a few problems. I still have a hard time thinking that the Ozark Brew Pub ended up having to close at that same location. It was one of the first that really went in and helped make Dickson more of what it is today.

No, it sounds pretty cool. Do they have a website or anything?

Yeah.

http://www.theundergroundpub.com/

After the Flying Saucer, this was the 2nd bar to open in the River Market, probably 6 mos later. It has the telephone booth outside and the inside decor and beer is British, though the music rarely is. The food's pretty good.

Yeah.

After the Flying Saucer, this was the 2nd bar to open in the River Market, probably 6 mos later. It has the telephone booth outside and the inside decor and beer is British, though the music rarely is. The food's pretty good.

Looks pretty interesting. I'm wondering though, do they serve the ale at room temp the British way? :D

A British Pub?

That would be sweet.

That sounds like a pub you'd find in Orlando... NOT in NWA. At least not unless the owner just got the wrong directions when he built it.

I'd like to see more themed dining facilities.

NWA needs more of these dining facilities, they'd be extremly popular.

I'd love to see more UK themed pubs and restaurants in NWA. I know there are some people from the UK living here because of Wal-Mart's chain in the UK, ASDA. I love Irish and Scottish music. England really doesn't have it's own music other than Baroque which isn't really English and I don't care for it. Anyway, I wouldn't mind at all an Irish Pub or two and seeing annual Highlander Games being held in NWA.

Re: Eat This! - I had dinner tonight with my friend who works in the clinic where Dr. Haberman (owner of Eat This!) practices. She said it just wasn't profitable due to high overhead. I know they were having a lot of their specialty food flown in from New York; add to that the high rent at Pinnacle, and it drove the menu prices up. My friend said that customers had complained that the prices were too high for what you get. I know that's the reason I never ate a meal there (I sampled a couple of pastries from the counter up front - they were way above average). I just can't justify spending $10 for a sandwich at lunch. And that's before you add a drink, tax, tip, etc. I'm sure a lot of people felt the same way.

What it could mean is that one of the existing places ends up closing. Unfortunately I believe I've heard tht Hoghaus Brewery has had a few problems. I still have a hard time thinking that the Ozark Brew Pub ended up having to close at that same location. It was one of the first that really went in and helped make Dickson more of what it is today.

The problem with Hoghaus is the food just isn't very good there. Same people own it that own Common Grounds--they have a nice business there but Hoghaus is rarely booming.

Yeah.

Awesome! Looks like it will add to the Dickson Street flavor.

I'd like to see more themed dining facilities.

NWA needs more of these dining facilities, they'd be extremly popular.

I agree, that and I think this pub would have a better chance if it did something to distinguish itself from other pubs/brewhouses in the area.

The problem with Hoghaus is the food just isn't very good there. Same people own it that own Common Grounds--they have a nice business there but Hoghaus is rarely booming.

There was also the troubles when it was the Ozark Brew Pub. Granted that happened well after it had been open. But I always thought it was a prime location. Just weird to see that location struggle.

Awesome! Looks like it will add to the Dickson Street flavor.

Sorry didn't mean to get your hopes up. This isn't what is going in on Dickson St. Aporkalypse just posted this to show Matt what they had in Little Rock. I have no idea if this new pub will be very British themed or not. I just got that impression when I walked by this future pub seeing the name and logo. I'll go by a little later today and check it out again.

Archived