NoDa (N Davidson St Arts District) Projects

uptownliving

1 hour ago, asu247 said:

Hey folks - 

Are there any updates on the development relative to old Amelies location/28th ro?  Curious as to the 3/5yr outlook for that area.

3/5 year looks completely transformed.

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/19/2020 at 11:23 AM, CLT-704 said:

As someone who lives very close to this property I'm extremely interested in the future plans.  Care to offer any more information? (fingers crossed for Publix/Teeter/Whole Foods!)

I keep thinking about  NoDa-adjacent grocery store that could be transit-accessible. I'd almost want it to be next to the Sugar Creek station.  As awful as aspects of Whole Foods are, it is thoroughly transit-accessible. If it's not Sugar Creek, then it would just be another South Blvd Publix-style scenario.

As ideal as it would be to have lightrail access to a new grocery store, I really don't think it is feasible or would benefit that many people to do so. Headways for the lightrail are already way too far apart for anyone to utilize it for grocery shopping. I think it would benefit more people to have it be closer to Uptown and serve more of the Belmont/Villa Heights neighborhoods but this site would still definitely be an improvement. 

https://mcmap.org/qol/#45/ - You can clearly see grocery store access is lacking in that area for an urban neighborhood. Definitely need something, especially with the population growth coming or in process for that area.

Would it be best to have something near the Parkwood lightrail stop that is more walkable for Belmont, absolutely! But any additional store would definitely help the area and you are running out of large enough sites in that area with the planned apartments/townhomes and existing single family homes. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, KJHburg said:

a long time coming the Johnston Mill apartment including some affordable units will start soon.

https://www.charlotteagenda.com/232315/45-years-after-it-closed-the-historic-johnston-mill-building-in-noda-will-soon-get-new-life/

I've seen too many iterations of really wonderful rehab plans to Johnston over the years to believe it's happening until it happens.

• Haha 2
  • Confused 1

• 2 weeks later...

Does anyone have info on the property on N Davidson between 25th-26th (where the fitness factory was until recently)?  When Beacon bought the land it was going to be "Noda coop", a retrofit with office/retail space. 

About a month ago charlotte biz journal put out an article that they were now considering apartments here and may have filed something with the city to get this moving?  

Anyone know about this or know any resources I can find out what's going on?  As someone who lives nearby I liked the original Noda Coop plan, not so thrilled about some more blah apartments.   Noticed this morning they had done some utility locates on the property. 

• Like 2

Welcome, from my momma. Join the fray

1 hour ago, yomomma said:

Does anyone have info on the property on N Davidson between 25th-26th (where the fitness factory was until recently)?  When Beacon bought the land it was going to be "Noda coop", a retrofit with office/retail space. 

About a month ago charlotte biz journal put out an article that they were now considering apartments here and may have filed something with the city to get this moving?  

Anyone know about this or know any resources I can find out what's going on?  As someone who lives nearby I liked the original Noda Coop plan, not so thrilled about some more blah apartments.   Noticed this morning they had done some utility locates on the property. 

• Haha 4

On 9/30/2020 at 11:27 AM, yomomma said:

No info, but I think the old Center Stage property catercorner is going to eat the lunch of this concept here.

• Like 1

On 9/30/2020 at 11:27 AM, yomomma said:

From what I have heard, they decided to put all their projects that weren't developed to a certain point on the market and see if anyone comes back with an attractive price. But if no multifamily numbers come back with what they want they'll move forward with the co-op plan (assuming things get back together post covid).

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 10/2/2020 at 1:24 PM, CLT> said:

From what I have heard, they decided to put all their projects that weren't developed to a certain point on the market and see if anyone comes back with an attractive price. But if no multifamily numbers come back with what they want they'll move forward with the co-op plan (assuming things get back together post covid).

I just walked by and it looks like they're doing some ground testing.   I guess new construction on the site could be coming. 

IMG_2939.jpg

• Like 2

2 hours ago, KJHburg said:

Maybe a grocery store coming to N Tryon and 36th St with new NY developers taking over the project next door to new Amelies.  I have a heard a rumor of a certain chain with 3 locations already in the market.  

https://www.bizjournals.com/charlotte/news/2020/10/08/avery-hall-developer-noda-project.html

Avery Hall from NYC

http://www.averyhallinvestments.com/

Sounds like a rumor that's equal parts spicy, and has been said for over a decade :P But it would be neat!

• Haha 1

On 10/2/2020 at 1:24 PM, CLT> said:

Looks like it's under contract to a MF developer... 

• Thanks 1

18 hours ago, kermit said:

plus trackside views of the now complete apartments at Craighead. Surprised to see (what appears to be) a pedestrian crossing maintained on Craighead. I thought the NCRR was trying to eliminate all ped crossings.

857BFDE2-BD41-4129-8137-DA50247FA6BD.jpeg

I believe that is just a service access point. No signaling and typically the gates are locked on both sides.

• Thanks 1