NoDa (N Davidson St Arts District) Projects

uptownliving

• 3 weeks later...

On 5/7/2020 at 8:40 PM, kermit said:

First photo, across from Brook's and against the tracks.  Second photo, Highland Mill townhomes at 33rd street.

8AE7F747-6B18-4111-85AA-7E49488B7A2E.jpeg

CE158C43-5647-4D8E-B377-C52C03B60DB0.jpeg

Does anyone know if these two sites would be considered In the Blue Line Extension housing unit numbers?  I was just reading some old projections of the BLE where it was stated that 10,000 units of housing could eventually be built along the corridor and wondered where Charlotte stands now that the BLE is nearly 2.5 years old since opening.

51 minutes ago, Hushpuppy321 said:

Does anyone know if these two sites would be considered In the Blue Line Extension housing unit numbers?  I was just reading some old projections of the BLE where it was stated that 10,000 units of housing could eventually be built along the corridor and wondered where Charlotte stands now that the BLE is nearly 2.5 years old since opening.

It's likely. CATS does track these housing projects by corridor, though just now I can't find the most recent report on it. There wasn't an update in the March FTA review. 

On 5/9/2020 at 10:36 AM, tozmervo said:
On 5/9/2020 at 9:43 AM, Hushpuppy321 said:

It's likely. CATS does track these housing projects by corridor, though just now I can't find the most recent report on it. There wasn't an update in the March FTA review. 

At one point I counted up ~2000 units between 277 and Matheson.  Yards, Mecurary, Cresent, and other infill near NoDa is probably over 1000 more.  Some activity further up N Tryon too.

Really need two areas to take off: 

1. Sugar Creek stop has a lot of empty space around  it.  If we could renovate/redevelop the Asian Mall it could have a lot of potential.  West Sugar Creek road is still a rough area though.
  2. Optimist Park between Parkwood and Jordan Plaza could easily fit 1000 additional units if demand is there.  A lot of warehouse and semi-abandoned space.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Desert Power said:

At one point I counted up ~2000 units between 277 and Matheson.  Yards, Mecurary, Cresent, and other infill near NoDa is probably over 1000 more.  Some activity further up N Tryon too.

1. Sugar Creek stop has a lot of empty space around  it.  If we could renovate/redevelop the Asian Mall it could have a lot of potential.  West Sugar Creek road is still a rough area though.
  2. Optimist Park between Parkwood and Jordan Plaza could easily fit 1000 additional units if demand is there.  A lot of warehouse and semi-abandoned space.

Once you add in University City Apartments being built/completed (maybe 1000) since BLE Opened then You’re looking at 4000+ Apartments  along the Corridor (7th Street to UNCC).  In just 2.5 years that’s very impressive.

• Like 4

On 5/9/2020 at 9:43 AM, Hushpuppy321 said:

3 hours ago, Desert Power said:

OK, so in the March FTA report they reformatted the economic development section so I missed it. You can see it here:
https://charlottenc.gov/cats/about/boards/FTA Quarterly/FTA_Quarterly_Review_Meeting_200310.pdf#page=84

The old format in the December report seems a little more comprehensive:
https://charlottenc.gov/cats/about/boards/FTA Quarterly/FTA-Quarterly-Agenda-191217.pdf#page=89

1 hour ago, tozmervo said:

OK, so in the March FTA report they reformatted the economic development section so I missed it. You can see it here:
https://charlottenc.gov/cats/about/boards/FTA Quarterly/FTA_Quarterly_Review_Meeting_200310.pdf#page=84

The old format in the December report seems a little more comprehensive:
https://charlottenc.gov/cats/about/boards/FTA Quarterly/FTA-Quarterly-Agenda-191217.pdf#page=89

Agreed the December format is much nicer.  1824 N Brevard and "Metromont Town Center" are two projects I don't recall hearing anything about.

Also think the proposal adjacent to Chadbourne Mill isn't on here.

11 minutes ago, KJHburg said:

Is this 1824 N Brevard an office building I don't understand the Maison Mitre in the rendering not an apartment name I guess just made up corporate name?  who is the developer behind this? 

Could be a generic "retail here" name.

This is pretty decent, I can get behind this.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tyree Ricardo said:

This is 1824 N. Brevard, just asked if I can tweet about it.

In addition Metromont Town Center would be this.

https://www.charlotteobserver.com/news/business/biz-columns-blogs/development/article229386364.html

Thanks.  I remember Metromont now.  Is 1824 N Brevard new?  That would be impressive on such a small parcel.

2 hours ago, Desert Power said:

Thanks.  I remember Metromont now.  Is 1824 N Brevard new?  That would be impressive on such a small parcel.

1824 has not been announced yet. I talked to the developer right after I posted those renderings, They aren't quite up to date, it has changed a bit, and has been delayed thanks to COVID. But I'll be the first person to get the info.

51 minutes ago, UPNoDa said:

^will these be on the corner of Charles and Brevard just before the bridge overpass?

They're actually Charles & North Davidson, just after the overpass if you're heading North into Noda. They've been clearing the site for the last 2 weeks or so

• Like 2