NoDa (N Davidson St Arts District) Projects

uptownliving

22 hours ago, Tyree Ricardo said:

That's crazy to hear about Highland, I love those, didn't know the new ones were so different. I really really love these https://vistahomesclt.com/the-terraces-at-36th-street/floorplans/

I like them too but not crazy about the build quality from that company. Each unit in the first building at Highland Park had one, some two, large terraces plus two smaller balconies...bigger than Juliet balconies, just big enough for some nice planters. And they had a porch area just below street level that makes a nice shady spot. All that remains in the new units is a 5x12 balcony. All of this also detracts from the visual interest for me as well!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, KJHburg said:

new apartments at N Davidson and Jordan by the Matheson bridge.  any word on what can or will happen with this old Johnston Mill building?  Who owns it? 

IMG_5276.JPG

IMG_5277.JPG

IMG_5278.JPG

IMG_5279.JPG

A coworker asked somebody in the know who stated apartments and retail. I have no facts or other details. That was many months ago. 

• Like 3

new apartments at N Davidson and Jordan by the Matheson bridge.  any word on what can or will happen with this old Johnston Mill building?  Who owns it? 
IMG_5276.thumb.JPG.6e0495536f844b7d44cbd30fc98adb8d.JPG
IMG_5277.thumb.JPG.387c9bca77844dfc0f79bcff3967074e.JPG
IMG_5278.thumb.JPG.3335c2858eb42665b19fadb42d53c92e.JPG
IMG_5279.thumb.JPG.e7ef2255a17f13fc1e3931fd70e98fa1.JPG

Owners of Johnson Mill have begun engaging the NoDa community. Should have. An apartment building announced soon, tucked into the outparcels facing 36th station with street level retail. Not sure about the rest have a call next week.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5 hours ago, Tyree Ricardo said:

Owners of Johnson Mill have begun engaging the NoDa community. Should have. An apartment building announced soon, tucked into the outparcels facing 36th station with street level retail. Not sure about the rest have a call next week.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Does that mean I'm addition to the mill itself?

• Like 1

16 hours ago, cltbwimob said:

Yes, at least as of last summer that was the plan.  The plans as I understand them, call for demolition of the machine storage building at the corner of 36th and the current ACWR tracks in order to make way for a new building along 36th, but the mill itself will be salvaged.  Currently there is a COA delay in place for demolition of the machine storage building.  Sounds like this info corroborates Tyree Ricardo’s info.

For more info, here are the minutes of the Historic Landmarks Commission’s August 2019 meeting:

http://landmarkscommission.org/wp-content/uploads/2019/08/HLC-Minutes-2019_August-DRAFT.pdf

I have seen a crude site plan somewhere but I can’t seem to find it.  If I come across it I will share.

I should have everything this week hopefully.

From the Charlotte Agenda about Chadbourn Mill great news as their office space is now 50% leased with a Charlottestartup  tech success story:

""CHADBOURN MILL UPDATE: The Charlotte startup Ekos will open its new headquarters at Chadbourn Mill, the 1930s-era former textile mill that's being refurbished in Optimist Park. Ekos will occupy 19,000 square feet on the mill's upper level, according to a statement from White Point and FCP.  .
Ekos, which was started in 2014, develops software that helps breweries and other beverage makers manage their businesses. The company recently secured an $8 million Series A funding. Ekos' new Chadbourn headquarters will open in late 2020.   Chadbourn is located at Jordan Place and Brevard Street, walkable to another popular adaptive reuse project from White Point, Optimist Hall. Chadbourn's main building is 38,000 square feet, and it has another 2,000-square-foot space at the base of its iconic smokestack that'll be for a restaurant/retail tenant.   .
"Through adaptive reuse concepts like Chadbourn and Optimist Hall, we have the opportunity to honor Charlotte’s history by giving these mills a new purpose aligned with the next chapter of our dynamic, flourishing city," White Point co-founder Erik Johnson said.""

The demand for creative authethic type office space continues....

• Like 3

Dion offered this gem of an idea in an otherwise scathing review of Oh My Soul  {Warning explicit vegan themes in the review!]

Along with Goodyear House [5.2] down the street, I could see this stretch of converted houses in NoDa becoming a cozy restaurant row. Imagine 10-12 restaurants all in converted homes. I'd like to get an early submission on what we could call it: The Neighborhood. Such a thing would be a legitimate tourist attraction and a major signature to Charlotte's chances as a nationally relevant dining scene.

It would feel so warm, so welcoming.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, kermit said:

Dion offered this gem of an idea in an otherwise scathing review of Oh My Soul  {Warning explicit vegan themes in the review!]

I've been advocating for this forever, this is exactly how East 6th is in Austin. (Though I like NoDa way better), there is so much potential in these houses.  

53 minutes ago, kermit said:

I think everybody has thought of this before. Convert this homes to more retail or other public spaces. This should have been done even before all those apartments flooded noda.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...