Benton County Projects

mcheiss

• Replies 330
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah it's easier to develop unused land. While there have been some areas in Fayetteville that have the benefits of being redeveloped, it hasn't spread to the 71B corridor yet.

In Fayetteville, it will. There you have the allure of Dickson, downtown, and the UA campus that pushed the renaissance downtown. This will ultimately HAVE to extend to College/71B. I would buy the property right now if I could.

Didn't know where to put this so I found a forum I haven't been to. I took some pictures last weekend and here are some of the new hospital being built and the Embassy suites.

DSCN3217.JPG

Thanks for the pics cowbreath. This picture in particular highlights what I hate most about I-540. Overgrown with brush and weeds in front of the best developments in that stretch, I would like to see something done about this problem. I know it may seem like I'm just being picky, but seriously if Pinnacle Hills and other highly developed stretches of I-540 are going to impress me then they need to at least mow the grass. I'd like to see the grass replaced by decorative retaining walls myself, mainly in areas that are highly developed and major interchanges.

Yeah I'm not sure how often the interstate gets mowed.

The center median gets mowed, but I don't think the sides of the interstate gets mowed. I think the grass just dies on it's own every winter. If anyone has ever driven the Indian Nation Turnpike in Oklahoma that is a beautifully landscaped divided highway that I-540 should look like. I used to plant wildflowers in a sweet spot under a waterfall right off to the side of the Turnpike whenever I took a trip to East Texas.

The center median gets mowed, but I don't think the sides of the interstate gets mowed. I think the grass just dies on it's own every winter. If anyone has ever driven the Indian Nation Turnpike in Oklahoma that is a beautifully landscaped divided highway that I-540 should look like. I used to plant wildflowers in a sweet spot under a waterfall right off to the side of the Turnpike whenever I took a trip to East Texas.

Yeah I've seen other states do a lot more with landscpaing and other features along the interstates. But I think Arkansas has to spend all their money on just keeping up the exisiting roads or trying to build roads where needed instead of additional features like that.

If it's fall they should start work on it in the spring. That will be a big boost to our sales tax revenue out here. Looking forward to having the street improvements. I think the burning question on everyone's mind though is what fast food joint will they put in the Wal-Mart since there's already a McDonald's on the corner it will be built on? I'm personally hoping for Blimpie.

If it's fall they should start work on it in the spring. That will be a big boost to our sales tax revenue out here. Looking forward to having the street improvements. I think the burning question on everyone's mind though is what fast food joint will they put in the Wal-Mart since there's already a McDonald's on the corner it will be built on? I'm personally hoping for Blimpie.

As anyone who has been to the WM on Joyce, they are not opposed to having two McD's at the same intersection...

Of course, in that instance the standalone store came AFTER the one in the WM...

I think Blimpie will be coming to the Centerton Wal-Mart. McDonalds is right infront of it, and Centerton isn't big enough to support to McDonald's right next to each other. The Wal-Mart in Jane has a Blimpie in it, but the prices are outrageous.

• 1 month later...

Great thanks for the info (fast!).

It will be great to have a Sams closer than springdale...I'm very excited as well.

Hodgen,

We had a Sam's Club employee from Oklahoma City who specializes in selling memberships visit our business in Centerton last week.

She said this Sam's will, among other things (recently listed in the paper) will have marble floors in the bathrooms and stainless steel countertops in the store.

Should be VERRRY nice...it's already had an effect on the Wal-Mart Neighborhood market next door which has undergone a major facelift in the past couple of months.

I have been on the run today and just attended Community Day at the new SAM'S CLUB. Wow, what a great Club it is going to be. A whole new look with the new logo they are testing and a new signage package inside. I did not notice anything different in the bathroom or with counter tops.

A few new features:

Meals Ready to Eat for take home.

Prepared foods available by the pound.

Optometrist on staff

Coffee Bar next to the Cafe with Lattes, etc.

Separate desk at front for returns

Organic salads and deli sandwiches available at the Cafe

High end Plasma and flat panel televisions up to 71"

I think everyone will be impressed with it, much improved over Springdale

Hello! Does anyone know when the Sams Club in Bentonville is opening. I heard it was soon but am not quite sure when.

Cool forum by the way, I have learned a lot about our area here!

Welcome to the forum. Nice to have some new people finding us. :D

I have been on the run today and just attended Community Day at the new SAM'S CLUB. Wow, what a great Club it is going to be. A whole new look with the new logo they are testing and a new signage package inside. I did not notice anything different in the bathroom or with counter tops.

A few new features:

Meals Ready to Eat for take home.

Prepared foods available by the pound.

Optometrist on staff

Coffee Bar next to the Cafe with Lattes, etc.

Separate desk at front for returns

Organic salads and deli sandwiches available at the Cafe

High end Plasma and flat panel televisions up to 71"

I think everyone will be impressed with it, much improved over Springdale

Nice to see them testing something out like this here. Even though this is Wal-mart's backyard I've noticed they often times seem to test out some of their ideas elsewhere.

Archived