Benton County Projects

mcheiss

• Replies 330
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think Wal-Mart and the UofA have taken us over the hillbilly image. Because of these two wonderful establishments, we have been ranked on national lists pretty high.

I agree Matt. The average Joe may not know where Bentonville is but in the business world everyone knows where Bentonville is! And the University may not be the biggest or wealthiest but it's still a contender. Also, the Research & Technology Park is on the radar for military contracts and now NASA is looking at the Genesis Lab for possible grants.

My grandfather, before he recently passed away, worked for some company in S Cal that was the world's leading supplier in nuclear testing equipment, or one of them I guess. Anyway, at times they had to have the testing equipment tested and calibrated themselves, and one of the places they sent stuff to be tested was the Physics dept at the U of A. He said the UA had one of the worlds very few specialized equipment for testing something-of-another.

The Physics dept there also has an atomic scanning microscope (I think I said that right), one of the few in the world in my understanding. It's pretty cool. Not exactly sure what they do with it though... but anyway, props to the UA for being well-known

My grandfather, before he recently passed away, worked for some company in S Cal that was the world's leading supplier in nuclear testing equipment, or one of them I guess. Anyway, at times they had to have the testing equipment tested and calibrated themselves, and one of the places they sent stuff to be tested was the Physics dept at the U of A. He said the UA had one of the worlds very few specialized equipment for testing something-of-another.

The Physics dept there also has an atomic scanning microscope (I think I said that right), one of the few in the world in my understanding. It's pretty cool. Not exactly sure what they do with it though... but anyway, props to the UA for being well-known

That's interesting to hear. I sometimes wonder how the U of A compares and what they have or do that is special compared to other universities and such.

That's interesting to hear. I sometimes wonder how the U of A compares and what they have or do that is special compared to other universities and such.

Well the Sam Walton School of Business is among the top 30 in the country... wait a minute is this the Benton County Projects thread?

Well the Sam Walton School of Business is among the top 30 in the country... wait a minute is this the Benton County Projects thread?

Yeah another topic getting off the subject. Never happens here on the NWA forum. :lol: But sometimes it's really interesting to see where things go.

I don't guess I realized you guys lost you Fazoli's also. I thought it was just us.

Yeah our Fazoli's was closed down last year and then re-opened under new management then went out of business for good. I tell ya it's those free breadsticks that put them out of business! You just can't afford to give anything away for free in this new economy. :blink:

Yeah our Fazoli's was closed down last year and then re-opened under new management then went out of business for good. I tell ya it's those free breadsticks that put them out of business! You just can't afford to give anything away for free in this new economy. :blink:

:lol: It just seems to me that most of the time when people want Italian food they tend to think of a nicer place not something fast food.

Good to see that the old Loafin Joe's Building is going to be a Church's, hopefully that can spurr some development in that part of town, especially with the Harps Supermercado.

Is this Far East China Restaurant going to be a panda deal, or more of a fast food deal?

The owners of Far East China Restaurant said this will not be a buffet-styled restaurant but a full service Chinese restaurant.

:lol: It just seems to me that most of the time when people want Italian food they tend to think of a nicer place not something fast food.

True. But I personally can't wait for IT'Z to open here... it's Italian fast-food with fun for the entire family. :D

The owners of Far East China Restaurant said this will not be a buffet-styled restaurant but a full service Chinese restaurant.

True. But I personally can't wait for IT'Z to open here... it's Italian fast-food with fun for the entire family. :D

Can't say I've heard of IT'Z.

Can't say I've heard of IT'Z.

IT'Z was talked about a while back on the forums here. Plans are for opening one in Arkansas so it might end up in Little Rock or, hopefully, here.

Here's a links... I'm having a hard time finding their official website.

http://www.restaurantnewsresource.com/article19916.html

IT'Z was talked about a while back on the forums here. Plans are for opening one in Arkansas so it might end up in Little Rock or, hopefully, here.

Here's a links... I'm having a hard time finding their official website.

http://www.restaurantnewsresource.com/article19916.html

That's funny the first location is in Albuquerque, I'll be there in about a month. I'll have to ask my family there if they've ever heard much about it.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

I don't know if I'm in the right place or if this will even be seen since this thread hasn't been touched in a couple of months, but I live out in Vaughn and was wondering if anyone has any ideas on what is being built on the 80 acres of land on Mason Valley Road. The land recently sold and they have cleared it all and have it almost all down to the red clay now. It just seems odd that something that big is being done out there in the middle of nowhere, granted the entrance to XNA is only a few miles away.

Now don't get me wrong, the growth out here will finally bring us high speed internet and I will be thankful for that, but when you live on the main dirt road going to this project and dumptrucks seem to think its a rally race to get there, it's not so cool. lol. Anyway, I was just wondering if anyone might have any input on whether this is yet another unneeded subdivision to join with the monsterous apartments they just built a couple of miles down the road, or if this is some kind or busines that is going in.

I don't know if I'm in the right place or if this will even be seen since this thread hasn't been touched in a couple of months, but I live out in Vaughn and was wondering if anyone has any ideas on what is being built on the 80 acres of land on Mason Valley Road. The land recently sold and they have cleared it all and have it almost all down to the red clay now. It just seems odd that something that big is being done out there in the middle of nowhere, granted the entrance to XNA is only a few miles away.

Now don't get me wrong, the growth out here will finally bring us high speed internet and I will be thankful for that, but when you live on the main dirt road going to this project and dumptrucks seem to think its a rally race to get there, it's not so cool. lol. Anyway, I was just wondering if anyone might have any input on whether this is yet another unneeded subdivision to join with the monsterous apartments they just built a couple of miles down the road, or if this is some kind or busines that is going in.

Scary redneck,

I'm wondering if that's the beginning of that big project that's predicted to house up to 14,000 people in Highfill? That location would be near west of XNA and immediately north of downtown Highfill.

BTW, I'm curious when the Benton County Children's Shelter will break ground on their new building west of Vaughn? (On the road after the elegant Polo Park apartments, but before you reach the two radio towers west of that town). They've got a sign out there with an architect's rendering of the new facility...that looks very nice.

I decided to drive on over there to get a closer look and took a few pictures. I see it everytime I leave and come home but hadn't really gotten up close. It definetely looks like a sub division going in. It's just kinda sad that those of us that have lived in the country all our lives are going to be surrounded by city and forced to move before long if we want to stay in the country. I see the ups and downs to all the growth. Anywho, I went ahead and took some pictures of it, but am unable to get them on here. This is the link to where you can see them in large view to see what it looks like.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/36227139@N00/

Archived