Benton County Projects

mcheiss

• Replies 330
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Traffic in the Neighborhood Market was ridiculous. They really screwed up the design for the parking lot and customers are going to suffer for it, especially those coming out of Arvest. But I don't blame Wal-Mart for it as I realize it would have cost them more than a penny more to design an efficient parking lot.

^

Calm down MasonsDad, traffic is always terrible the first day of a Wal-Mart opening. Do you remember when the Pleasant Grove WM opened up. Traffic was on a standstill and that's on Pleasant Grove Road, which is 5 lanes. Believe me, Traffic will flow smoothly after a few days when the hype wears down.

^

Calm down MasonsDad, traffic is always terrible the first day of a Wal-Mart opening. Do you remember when the Pleasant Grove WM opened up. Traffic was on a standstill and that's on Pleasant Grove Road, which is 5 lanes. Believe me, Traffic will flow smoothly after a few days when the hype wears down.

Aside from the fact that I braved 102 during the 5pm rush, there wasn't necessarily much more traffic going into the Neighborhood Market entrance. It's still a poorly designed parking lot.

Aside from the fact that I braved 102 during the 5pm rush, there wasn't necessarily much more traffic going into the Neighborhood Market entrance. It's still a poorly designed parking lot.

It's hard especially with that land. They were probably limited because of other developers and nature like that. They did build a three lane road, so hopefully that will help in the future.

It was crazy in there! That being said, it felt like a big party. People were elbow to elbow, huge-screen TV's were front and center, chocolate was flowing from a 6-foot tall fountain, salmon and pastries were being served, along with a ton of other stuff. There's a 2500-lb block of cheese, and yes, Wolfgang Puck was there. It really is a nice store. Down the center of one aisle, I saw $111 jeans and $150 cashmere sweaters. Can't wait to go back when I can really take a good look. I didn't have enough time today.

My one complaint: I was expecting great things from the coffee bar, pricewise. I love mochas, and I was thinking that this might be my new place to find them, as I assumed the prices would be considerably less than Starbucks. I was wrong. A mocha was something like $3.12, not any kind of bargain. Now, I didn't see how big the cup was; maybe it's really big, along the lines of the Grande or Venti sizes at Starbucks, which would mean it is a decent savings. I always get the Tall (small), so a cheaper bigger one doesn't help me. Just a minor complaint. Now that I think about it, Sam's specializes in big everything, so that probably carries over to the coffee as well.

My one complaint: I was expecting great things from the coffee bar, pricewise. I love mochas, and I was thinking that this might be my new place to find them, as I assumed the prices would be considerably less than Starbucks. I was wrong. A mocha was something like $3.12, not any kind of bargain. Now, I didn't see how big the cup was; maybe it's really big, along the lines of the Grande or Venti sizes at Starbucks, which would mean it is a decent savings. I always get the Tall (small), so a cheaper bigger one doesn't help me. Just a minor complaint. Now that I think about it, Sam's specializes in big everything, so that probably carries over to the coffee as well.

That's about how much Starbucks is for a mocha. Still, it's a great feature to put in the store to give it that upscale appeal.

Mith, a membership is only about $40 a year for the basic package. I use mine quite frequently and the savings have proven to be worth it year after year.

:shok:

Wow, and we're wondering if this area could financially support a WNBA team...

(Just kidding, Matt.)

:rofl:

I don't know if I mentioned this or not, but the Sam's Club has a special new logo that is the first of it's kind in the nation.

I really like the new logo. I also really like the new look of the Neighborhood Market in front of the new Sam's Club. The developers of the land to the west of Sam's keep calling the Neighborhood Market the Marketplace. Anyway, the retail, hotel, restaurant development on that plot of land adjacent to the new Sam's will be called Bentonville Pointe or at least that's what the developers website is calling it.

I already have had people gwak at me. Some lady thought I was crazy for going out in the middle of the street for the Sam's Club pictures. I didn't care. I should have worn a shirt saying "Urbanplanet.org".

What's funny is when they start thinking your taking pics of them and they come and confront you about it. :lol:

Wow, that's the nicest-looking Sam's Club I've ever seen.

And how many times are they going to change their logo??? Their last one isn't very old as it is.

Yeah you weren't kidding about the huge photo tour part. Maybe soon you'll start getting people looking at you somewhat oddly the way they do when I'm out taking pics. :lol:

FYI I'm glad I'm not the only one who gets strange looks when taking pictures. :D

FYI I'm glad I'm not the only one who gets strange looks when taking pictures. :D

NWA isn't much for tourism so people taking pictures may seem out of place. But, someone's got to capture all the growth in action rather than just waiting for it all to be completed. I'll be dead and buried before that ever happens! :lol:

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Archived