Benton County Projects

mcheiss

The New Lowe's opened today in Bentonville.

I think it added about 175 jobs to Bentonville.

We stopped by there today to check it out - it's a very nice store. There were almost no customers, and plenty of helpful, idle employees milling around. It would be an ideal time to go if you need some stuff.

While there, I asked a sales clerk if they knew what other businesses would be coming to the adjacent shopping center, and she answered that Starbucks was looking seriously at that location. A couple of other restaurants are also interested, but nothing has been signed yet.

We are very anxious to see what develops here, as we live in that neighborhood, and will be passing by the store every day. A Starbucks would be awesome.

• Replies 330
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We stopped by there today to check it out - it's a very nice store. There were almost no customers, and plenty of helpful, idle employees milling around. It would be an ideal time to go if you need some stuff.

While there, I asked a sales clerk if they knew what other businesses would be coming to the adjacent shopping center, and she answered that Starbucks was looking seriously at that location. A couple of other restaurants are also interested, but nothing has been signed yet.

We are very anxious to see what develops here, as we live in that neighborhood, and will be passing by the store every day. A Starbucks would be awesome.

Thanks for the update Julles. :D

A Starbucks would be great there, I could see one in the shopping center. That's a side of Bentonville that doesn't have too many coffee shops.

I'm suprised the Lowe's wasn't very busy. When the Home Depot opened in Rogers, it was packed for days.

A Starbucks would be great there, I could see one in the shopping center. That's a side of Bentonville that doesn't have too many coffee shops.

I'm suprised the Lowe's wasn't very busy. When the Home Depot opened in Rogers, it was packed for days.

Yeah I was a bit surprised that Lowe's wasn't very busy either. I was wondering if maybe word simply hadn't gotten out about it being open.

Yeah I was a bit surprised that Lowe's wasn't very busy either. I was wondering if maybe word simply hadn't gotten out about it being open.

The word "saturation" comes to mind. Shouldn't take for granted that much of the development in NWA is based on analysis and speculation and there is a good chance that many of the big retailers that open here may not get the business they're used to seeing.

The word "saturation" comes to mind. Shouldn't take for granted that much of the development in NWA is based on analysis and speculation and there is a good chance that many of the big retailers that open here may not get the business they're used to seeing.

True, but I think a lot of times usually people will stop going to their usual location to see if the new one has anything new that their usual location doesn't. Granted maybe this doesn't apply to hardware stores and such. :lol:

That's true as well. Plus, they really didn't advertise the new store opening at all.

True. I haven't seen the blimp flying around lately. But then it usually doesn't fly until Spring. That's the best advertising money can buy in NWA.

They use a blimp up there? Don't think that really ever happens down here. Then again who knows maybe Fayetteville has a rule against that too. :lol:

They use a blimp up there? Don't think that really ever happens down here. Then again who knows maybe Fayetteville has a rule against that too. :lol:

The only blimps that come to Benton County are in the early summer when Wal-Mart has it's shareholders meetings. They have blimps of every kind up here, not to mention a mess of advertising from other vendors.

The only blimps that come to Benton County are in the early summer when Wal-Mart has it's shareholders meetings. They have blimps of every kind up here, not to mention a mess of advertising from other vendors.

Yeah I think I do sometimes see them around the shareholders meetings. I guess they send one down since the actual meeting stake place down here. Although I've wondered if that will change when they build the new convention center up there.

Yeah I think I do sometimes see them around the shareholders meetings. I guess they send one down since the actual meeting stake place down here. Although I've wondered if that will change when they build the new convention center up there.

I wish it would be built even bigger to around 200,000 sq. ft. so we could attract even larger conventions.

I wish it would be built even bigger to around 200,000 sq. ft. so we could attract even larger conventions.

I guess we'll jusat have to give it some time. Hopefully onme of the NWA cities will end up with a nice big facility. I think this area would be nice to hold conventions and such at.

There's that "U" word again... Pinnacle Station, an upscale convenience store with gas pumps is planned for southwest Rogers. Couldn't they just say southwest Rogers is getting a new gas station? :blink: You can read about it HERE.

It makes you wonder if a lot of this is just to attract attention. I know we've been talking about how 'upscale' all this actually is. I noticed they even got a comparison to the Fayetteville Public Library as well. Looks like they're really trying a lot to get some attention. We'll have to see just how 'upscale' this will end up being.

I heard about this.

I really don't like the sound of this, seeing as how they want it to look like the Fayetteville Public Library. Has anyone even heard of an upscale gas station being anywhere?

Yeah that really does sound a bit odd. Maybe they'll have designer gasoline and a designer window wiper while we're at it. :lol:

:lol: Yeah it just seems like the use of the word 'upscale' is being overused in the area.

This is the worst development I've heard of for Rogers. What a waste of money IMO. I guess Tim Graham, JB Hunt, Bill Schwyhart, and the other Pinnacle people have run out of ways to spend their money.

I'm guessing since it will be upscale that gas prices will be even more expensive, in which case I'll be staying plenty far away from it.

I saw some sort of mention on KNWA about Benton County setting up a Historic Commission. They will have a set amount of money and will be able to go out and buy historical structures to be preserved. I'm pretty sure this is the first commission like this in Arkansas.

Archived