Benton County Projects

mcheiss

All International Stores have Headquarters in the country the stores are in, so it may have some impact on sales analysts, etc.

Ah, good point. :D Any possibility of foreign vendors opening up shop in Bentonville to try to get Wal-mart to buy more of their products here in the US market?

• Replies 330
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Whoever this company or person who predicted these numbers obviously hasn't taken into account the fact that Wal-Mart can't keep fueling Bentonville. At one point, the growth in the city is going to die off and current growth rates will dissipate.

Wal-Mart personally may not keep fueling the economy but the Vendors will keep coming because of Wal-Mart and all the developments were triggered by Vendors moving to the area. XNA wouldn't be a reality if it wasn't for all the growth which was triggered by Wal-Mart. It's a chain reaction. So in a way Wal-Mart is fuelling the growth and it seems the growth will only increase.

Another thing to consider is with all the upscale office space and subdivisions being constructed in Bentonville is there no temptation for companies to move from the other NWA cities to Bentonville? And with Centerton, Highfill and Bella Vista on the verge of being annexed by Bentonville it seems there is no limit to Bentonville's potential for growth.

Just a thought... or two or three. :)

Wal-Mart personally may not keep fueling the economy but the Vendors will keep coming because of Wal-Mart and all the developments were triggered by Vendors moving to the area. XNA wouldn't be a reality if it wasn't for all the growth which was triggered by Wal-Mart. It's a chain reaction. So in a way Wal-Mart is fuelling the growth and it seems the growth will only increase.

Another thing to consider is with all the upscale office space and subdivisions being constructed in Bentonville is there no temptation for companies to move from the other NWA cities to Bentonville? And with Centerton, Highfill and Bella Vista on the verge of being annexed by Bentonville it seems there is no limit to Bentonville's potential for growth.

Just a thought... or two or three. :)

I've wondered if Bentonville in the future might be able to pull more people to their office spaces from other NWA cities. Maybe Bentonville might evnetually be 'The' place in NWA to have your offices at.

And with Centerton, Highfill and Bella Vista on the verge of being annexed by Bentonville it seems there is no limit to Bentonville's potential for growth.

I thought Centerton hated Bentonville. I haven't heard anything about Highfill either, where did you hear about annexations for these cities?

I thought Centerton hated Bentonville. I haven't heard anything about Highfill either, where did you hear about annexations for these cities?

I guess Centerton hates Bentonville as much as Bella Vista does and there's been a lot of debate in the newsmedia over whether Bella Vista should be annexed to Bentonville. As Bentonville grows it's only natural for some of those towns profiting from Bentonville's growth should consider annexation. I'm not saying they will be annexed but it's still a possibility.

XNA is considered to be in West Bentonville. Does the airport not sit on Highfill property?

I guess Centerton hates Bentonville as much as Bella Vista does and there's been a lot of debate in the newsmedia over whether Bella Vista should be annexed to Bentonville. As Bentonville grows it's only natural for some of those towns profiting from Bentonville's growth should consider annexation. I'm not saying they will be annexed but it's still a possibility.

XNA is considered to be in West Bentonville. Does the airport not sit on Highfill property?

I always considered the airport to be in Highfill and the proposed Industrial Park to be in Bentonville. So, is XNA really in Bentonville than?

I always considered the airport to be in Highfill and the proposed Industrial Park to be in Bentonville. So, is XNA really in Bentonville than?

Maybe so, but someone needs to tell Bentonville that. According to the Bentonville, USA website XNA is in Bentonville.

Northwest Arkansas Regional Airport - NWARA

One Airport Boulevard

Suite 100

Bentonville, Arkansas

www.flyxna.com

Maybe so, but someone needs to tell Bentonville that. According to the Bentonville, USA website XNA is in Bentonville.

Northwest Arkansas Regional Airport - NWARA

One Airport Boulevard

Suite 100

Bentonville, Arkansas

www.flyxna.com

Weird. I've turned on the city limits on Google Earth and taken a look. It looks like Bentonville gets pretty close but doesn't reach the actual airport.

Weird. I've turned on the city limits on Google Earth and taken a look. It looks like Bentonville gets pretty close but doesn't reach the actual airport.

I don't know what the political relationship is between Bentonville and Highfill but I do know that many smaller towns get annexed by their larger neighbor. What I don't know is if those towns keep their identity? For example Addison, Texas is enveloped by Dallas but is it a seperate city in it's own right or is it annexed by Dallas??

That's interesting-- I hadn't noticed that before. I thought XNA is in Highfill (unless something changed recently?)-- at least it was as of last Oct, when I heard the director of NWARA speak and answered a question where she actually said XNA is in Highfill. I wonder if that is just a business decision-- like by trying to reduce confusion of XNA's location, which they are hard to shake off. What business exec wants to fly from NYC to some town called Highfill, AR anyway?

That's interesting-- I hadn't noticed that before. I thought XNA is in Highfill (unless something changed recently?)-- at least it was as of last Oct, when I heard the director of NWARA speak and answered a question where she actually said XNA is in Highfill. I wonder if that is just a business decision-- like by trying to reduce confusion of XNA's location, which they are hard to shake off. What business exec wants to fly from NYC to some town called Highfill, AR anyway?

It seems XNA is officially in Highfill even though it's technically not within city limits. It looks like XNA just sits out there on it's own surrounded by several large farms. The annexation of XNA property was between Bentonville and Centerton but it seems neither city won the vote and the land fell to Highfill. I'm just going by what news I found updated as of July 2005.

But you're right, most businesses would rather be identified with the nearest "big" city rather than the town they actually reside in. Which to me seems that XNA wanted to be in Bentonville but Bentonville dropped the ball when it came time to annex the land. Hey, more power to Highfill. Let's just hope they can come up with the money for infrastructure needs of their booming town without imposing impact fees.

It seems XNA is officially in Highfill even though it's technically not within city limits. It looks like XNA just sits out there on it's own surrounded by several large farms. The annexation of XNA property was between Bentonville and Centerton but it seems neither city won the vote and the land fell to Highfill. I'm just going by what news I found updated as of July 2005.

But you're right, most businesses would rather be identified with the nearest "big" city rather than the town they actually reside in. Which to me seems that XNA wanted to be in Bentonville but Bentonville dropped the ball when it came time to annex the land. Hey, more power to Highfill. Let's just hope they can come up with the money for infrastructure needs of their booming town without imposing impact fees.

True, just like a lot of times people will mention that they live in a city even if they actually live outside it's city limits.

I wonder if that is just a business decision-- like by trying to reduce confusion of XNA's location, which they are hard to shake off. What business exec wants to fly from NYC to some town called Highfill, AR anyway?

Anybody notice that a lot of travel companies and airline companies will list XNA as Fayetteville, Fayetteville/Bentonville, Highfill, or even Bentonville?

This really confuses travelers, because when they see Fayetteville as their final destination, they are landing in a farm country.

The foundation has been laid for the new Bentonville Public Library. That was in November so some of you may already know this. It may not have the razzle dazzle that Fayetteville's new library has but for a single story library the floorplan looks nice and I've seen an artist sketch of what it should look like and it's definitely going to be a great addition to Bentonville. And it will have a Coffee Shop and WiFi Area.

Check it out! New Bentonville Public Library

The foundation has been laid for the new Bentonville Public Library. That was in November so some of you may already know this. It may not have the razzle dazzle that Fayetteville's new library has but for a single story library the floorplan looks nice and I've seen an artist sketch of what it should look like and it's definitely going to be a great addition to Bentonville. And it will have a Coffee Shop and WiFi Area.

Check it out! New Bentonville Public Library

I wish they had a rendition you could look at on their website. But other than that it's a nice website and looks like it will be a nice library.

I wish they had a rendition you could look at on their website. But other than that it's a nice website and looks like it will be a nice library.

Now I remember where I saw the artist sketch of the new library. It was in Bentonville's Downtown Master Plan (warning: large .pdf file). If you have a slower connection, right-click the link and select Save Target As... to download to your harddrive. This is much faster than waiting for it to load. You are required to have Adobe Acrobat Reader or PDF Viewer installed on your computer.

A small rendition of the new library is on page 6. If you haven't seen the Downtown Master Plan it's a beautiful vision that other downtowns in Northwest Arkansas should consider.

Wow, the library looks very beautiful on the scale of the Fayetteville Public Library. If this is going in Downtown, that it will be a great infill project for the area.

Some of the pics that are on the website make Bentonville look like Little Rock!!

Thanks MasonsDad!!

Wow, the library looks very beautiful on the scale of the Fayetteville Public Library.
Well, I wouldn't go quite as far as say it's on the scale of Fayetteville's new library. It'll actually have about one-third the size and content of the Fayetteville Library.

But I'm glad you like it. :)

Archived