What's Missing in Northwest Arkansas?

Then how about something like Lord & Taylor or Nordstrom?

I know we seem to get a lot of negativity whenever we mention the possibility of a Nordstrom. I know the general facts about where Nordstrom goes and where they are not located, but it seems like we need more retail opportunities up here.

Don't get me wrong, I wouldn't mind having some more selection up here. The two you just mentioned are probably the two I am the least familiar with. I've heard of both obviously but I can't say I know very much about either or how they compare to say Dillard's.

• Replies 399
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Don't get me wrong, I wouldn't mind having some more selection up here. The two you just mentioned are probably the two I am the least familiar with. I've heard of both obviously but I can't say I know very much about either or how they compare to say Dillard's.

Nordstrom is more on the level of Saks.

Lord & Taylor has locations in St. Louis and Chicago.

Nordstrom is more on the level of Saks.

Lord & Taylor has locations in St. Louis and Chicago.

I would like to see a Nordstrom. I would say they are in between Dillards and Neiman Marcus. They serve the upscale community like we have in Rogers. I heard when they first announced the Promenade development that they were tossing around the idea of Neiman Marcus coming here. What ever happened with that?

I would like to see a Nordstrom. I would say they are in between Dillards and Neiman Marcus. They serve the upscale community like we have in Rogers. I heard when they first announced the Promenade development that they were tossing around the idea of Neiman Marcus coming here. What ever happened with that?

Bill Dillard came to the Pinnacle Group and said that the developers were thinking too small. He convinced the Pinnacle Group to go from a lifestyle center of 250,000 square feet to almost 1 million square feet. In exchange, the Pinnacle Group decided to allow Bill Dillard to put a Dillards into Rogers.

That knocked off Nordstrom's chance of coming to the Promenade.

Then, Saks announced they were going to put a Parisian in the Pleasant Crossing Lifestyle Center.

I think something along the lines of a Nordstrom would fit in well in Pleasant Crossing's Sister Project of around 1 Million square feet of mixed use. This development is right across from Pleasant Crossing Shopping center under construction. It is right in the center of Northwest Arkansas, and is already near plenty of great shopping venues that I can think off.

Bill Dillard came to the Pinnacle Group and said that the developers were thinking too small. He convinced the Pinnacle Group to go from a lifestyle center of 250,000 square feet to almost 1 million square feet. In exchange, the Pinnacle Group decided to allow Bill Dillard to put a Dillards into Rogers.

That knocked off Nordstrom's chance of coming to the Promenade.

Then, Saks announced they were going to put a Parisian in the Pleasant Crossing Lifestyle Center.

I think something along the lines of a Nordstrom would fit in well in Pleasant Crossing's Sister Project of around 1 Million square feet of mixed use. This development is right across from Pleasant Crossing Shopping center under construction. It is right in the center of Northwest Arkansas, and is already near plenty of great shopping venues that I can think off.

I think that is a great location to put a Nordstrom. A friend of mine-her family owns the land on Pleasant Crossing West-The Mills Family. I know their daughter really well. I have heard that a target is going in for sure. Something like a Nordstrom would really complement the area really well. Or even a Parisian and Nordstrom over at the Lifestyle Center behind Walmart. They could have two anchors as well as the Promenade. Do you think we have enough money in the area to support Neiman Marcus or Saks Fifth Avenue? I have heard the Pinnacle group has more room to add a third department store in their development. I think a Neiman Marcus would be great and it would really attract more high end stores as well which would do extremely well in this area.

I think that is a great location to put a Nordstrom. A friend of mine-her family owns the land on Pleasant Crossing West-The Mills Family. I know their daughter really well. I have heard that a target is going in for sure. Something like a Nordstrom would really complement the area really well. Or even a Parisian and Nordstrom over at the Lifestyle Center behind Walmart. They could have two anchors as well as the Promenade. Do you think we have enough money in the area to support Neiman Marcus or Saks Fifth Avenue? I have heard the Pinnacle group has more room to add a third department store in their development. I think a Neiman Marcus would be great and it would really attract more high end stores as well which would do extremely well in this area.

I would think we could support a high end department store. I guess the main problem is attracting one to a market our size. It sounds like some of these stores only go to larger metros in general.

NWA is getting a Parisian, which is an upscale department store run by Saks but not quite as high end. I think this is perfect for NWA and LR.

Nordstrom has a list of planned sites for 2005 through 2008 and none are in metros that aren't a millionish in size or larger. Keep in mind that OK and TN don't have a single Nordstrom's store nor do they had one planned and OKC, Nashville, and Memphis are decent-sized places. I think Neiman Marcus, Bloomingdale's, and Saks are a little too high end for Arkansas in general.

Really?

A Target?

That's great for us up here.

The Parisian is going in behind the Wal-Mart off Pleasant Grove Road, and should be completed sometime next year. I'm not sure about the Saks Fifth Avenue. I know Tulsa has one in Utica Square, but I don't think we would have enough support to attract one to the area. Who Knows? The Pinnacle Group does have room to expand their Promenade for a third department store, but that could take a few years before that happens.

Really?

A Target?

That's great for us up here.

The Parisian is going in behind the Wal-Mart off Pleasant Grove Road, and should be completed sometime next year. I'm not sure about the Saks Fifth Avenue. I know Tulsa has one in Utica Square, but I don't think we would have enough support to attract one to the area. Who Knows? The Pinnacle Group does have room to expand their Promenade for a third department store, but that could take a few years before that happens.

Some of these other stores might still be possibilities but it's not going to all happen overnight. Besides some of these places might wait to see how stores like the Parisian store do before they seriously consider moving in. For that matter could there be a question of how many of these stores we might be able to support?

Some of these other stores might still be possibilities but it's not going to all happen overnight. Besides some of these places might wait to see how stores like the Parisian store do before they seriously consider moving in. For that matter could there be a question of how many of these stores we might be able to support?

The Parisian could take all of the market for upscale clothing in the area.

There needs to be something else though.

What about a Macy's or Bloomingdale's?

The Parisian could take all of the market for upscale clothing in the area.

There needs to be something else though.

What about a Macy's or Bloomingdale's?

Also, has anybody heard of a World Market?

They sell foods from all over the world all in one place. I think one would go well in the Pinnacle Promenade.

Also, has anybody heard of a World Market?

They sell foods from all over the world all in one place. I think one would go well in the Pinnacle Promenade.

No I haven't but it sounds interesting. I enjoy finding out about some of these foods from other areas of the world I don't know about. I recently found out about a fruit from Brazil called acai (one of those odd c's that's pronounced like and s and an accent on the i). It's also got a lot of antioxidants too.

I've been to Whole Foods, pretty nice.

I think a nice upscale grocery would do well. Something in Northeast fayetteville would be okay. There's a pretty well off croud in that part.

I would actually like an HEB or something. In my time in Austin I bought all my groceries from there. It's cheap, but the store feels nice. I think they also have a more upscale version. I remember being in one pretty nice grocery store, and they didn't sell cheap beer. They only sold bottles of nice beer. I guess that's still a step above having no beer.

I think a nice upscale grocery would do well. Something in Northeast fayetteville would be okay. There's a pretty well off croud in that part.

I would actually like an HEB or something. In my time in Austin I bought all my groceries from there. It's cheap, but the store feels nice. I think they also have a more upscale version. I remember being in one pretty nice grocery store, and they didn't sell cheap beer. They only sold bottles of nice beer. I guess that's still a step above having no beer.

HEB would be pretty cool.

I'd say they have about the best chance of beating Wal-Mart in Texas.

They only problem is that HEB only has stores in Texas and a few in Louisiana.

Yeah seems like I heard something about HEB doing well in Texas. Yeah I'm a bit surprised no one has hit the northeast area of Fayetteville yet. Granted if you go up to eastern Springdale there's a Harp's there. I also heard that Wal-mart has bought land west of Fayetteville to put in a Neighborhood Market. I think the location was near Double Springs Rd.

Yeah seems like I heard something about HEB doing well in Texas. Yeah I'm a bit surprised no one has hit the northeast area of Fayetteville yet. Granted if you go up to eastern Springdale there's a Harp's there. I also heard that Wal-mart has bought land west of Fayetteville to put in a Neighborhood Market. I think the location was near Double Springs Rd.

Another Wal-Mart in the area.

There needs to be more diversity in our grocery stores. Hopefully Pinnacle can get their act together and bring back an upscale grocer to the area.

Another Wal-Mart in the area.

There needs to be more diversity in our grocery stores. Hopefully Pinnacle can get their act together and bring back an upscale grocer to the area.

Yeah personally I think there could be enough support for an upscale grocery store in both Fayetteville and Rogers. But it would be nice if we could just get one somewhere up here.

Yeah personally I think there could be enough support for an upscale grocery store in both Fayetteville and Rogers. But it would be nice if we could just get one somewhere up here.

I agree.

Bentoville has a pretty nice grocer that I just found out about that has a lot of seafood and meat. I don't know the name of it, and it's not big, but it's a nice little grocer near the Wal-Mart Headquarters.

I agree.

Bentoville has a pretty nice grocer that I just found out about that has a lot of seafood and meat. I don't know the name of it, and it's not big, but it's a nice little grocer near the Wal-Mart Headquarters.

Is it just meat or is there other stuff there also?

Archived