What's Missing in Northwest Arkansas?

Another store that's missing from NWA is a Dunkin Donuts.

I admit when I first moved up here I was a bit surprised there wasn't one here. Granted it's closed now but even Pine Bluff had a Dunkin Donuts. Although I guess I'm not too worried about not having one. We have a local place here in Fayetteville that's pretty good.

• Replies 399
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A dunkin Donuts would go well in Fayetteville if you ask me, since we already have a krispy kreme up here.

I hear more people interested in a Krispy Kreme than Dunkin Donuts down here. But like I said we have a local place down here called Rick's that's pretty good.

I don't think Fayetteville would go for it. There was a small racetrack in the southern part of the city and I think they eventually shut it down. I got the impression the city didn't like it being around too much. Don't know if the other cities would think of it, maybe Springdale.

Great... I've been wanting to start going to the races at Thunder Valley Speedway and now they're shutting down! Just like they shut down Pleasure Island Family Fun Center in Rogers right after I moved to Rogers. At this rate there's going to be plenty of places to eat and shop but no place to have any fun. I guess I'll have to take up golf although my son isn't going to get much out of it.

Great... I've been wanting to start going to the races at Thunder Valley Speedway and now they're shutting down! Just like they shut down Pleasure Island Family Fun Center in Rogers right after I moved to Rogers. At this rate there's going to be plenty of places to eat and shop but no place to have any fun. I guess I'll have to take up golf although my son isn't going to get much out of it.

Welcome Masons Dad1 to UP!!!!

I remember when they shut down the Pleasure Island Fun Center. I enjoyed going to the driving range, put putting, and the go karts. They really should built something else like that in Rogers.

Was this Pleasure Island Fun Center anything like Locomotion in Springdale?

Not really.

It was basically a fun center with an 18 hole put-put, a driving range, water bumper cars, go-karts, and batting cages. It was pretty fun, but they closed about 2 years ago, and now a Red-Robin is about to open on the land.

I just go to Bentonville now for my Driving Range Needs.

Not really.

It was basically a fun center with an 18 hole put-put, a driving range, water bumper cars, go-karts, and batting cages. It was pretty fun, but they closed about 2 years ago, and now a Red-Robin is about to open on the land.

Yeah sounds like it had more than Locomotion. I'd still like to see one of those more adult type places. I can't remember the name but they have them in bigger cities. Not not the 'adult' type places you're thinking about, something more similar to a fancy arcade but it's geared more towards adults than kids.

Yeah sounds like it had more than Locomotion. I'd still like to see one of those more adult type places. I can't remember the name but they have them in bigger cities. Not not the 'adult' type places you're thinking about, something more similar to a fancy arcade but it's geared more towards adults than kids.

It only closed because the landowners were offered a ton of money. The land is being used for a coffeeshop, a Redrobin, A legacy Bank, A Homewood Suites Hotel, and another Hotel.

For a driving range I just walk out my front door as I live at Lost Springs Apartments and the driving range next door at Lost Springs Golf Course is free to residents... I'm more concerned about things to do with my 18 month old son, Mason. Pleasure Island would have been great and just a couple miles from home. I don't mind the drive to Lokomotion Family Fun Center but I refuse to go there until they fix some of their arcade games. It's not good for my business to see great arcade games that just sit there with out of order signs on them.

Lost Springs.....

Is that the one in Bentonville along 102 or the one off of Moberly?

Both are pretty nice, but I've never golfed on either.

Lost Springs is the one on 102... The Links is on Moberly. Lost Springs is nicer by way of having more trees. I've never golfed The Links but I did live there.

Do you have to be a resident to golf on them?

Lost Springs is a Private Club so you have to become a member unless you live here at Lost Springs Apartments. I'm not sure if The Links is Public or Private but the residents golf there for free.

I'm pretty sure all the golf courses in the area that are built around apartments are Private Clubs but anyone can golf there if they become members. But unless you play golf a lot, which I don't, then paying membership fees plus green fees doesn't make sense. Residents usually just pay the green fees while non-residents also have to pay membership fees. Half the golf courses in NWA are Public so you need only pay green fees to golf there.

On the subject of this thread:

I think more than anything else NWA needs a Water Park, a Six Flags-type Amusement Park, some Minor League sports teams, maybe a NHL Hockey team, and a completed Interstate.

Also, I wish Wal-Mart would build a new Home Office that at least looks half as nice as their newer stores. Imagine if the Wal-Mart Home Office reflected the fact that Wal-Mart is the largest retailer in the world. I mean come on, Dillards has a pretty nice looking Home Office in Little Rock.

I think more than anything else NWA needs a Water Park, a Six Flags-type Amusement Park, some Minor League sports teams, maybe a NHL Hockey team, and a completed Interstate.

Also, I wish Wal-Mart would build a new Home Office that at least looks half as nice as their newer stores. Imagine if the Wal-Mart Home Office reflected the fact that Wal-Mart is the largest retailer in the world. I mean come on, Dillards has a pretty nice looking Home Office in Little Rock.

Some of those have been mentioned in other topics. But we have so many it's hard to keep up with everything. :D The fact a water park still hasn't been built is a disappointment. Originally there was one planning to be built in Fayetteville. Then it looked like they were going to Lowell and Fayetteville lost it because of it's strict building codes. Then apparently the company had split one side was planning on Lowell and one side planning on Fayetteville. Then the one supporting Fayetteville silently went away. The one for Lowell actually picked a site in Lowell only to realize that Lowell probably couldn't handle the water requirements needed for a water park, at least in that area. And that's the last I heard about that. An amusement park would be nice and I do think this area should try to attract more tourists. But I admit I've seen metros biggers than NWA that doen't have an amusement park either. We are getting some semi pro teams. Fayetteville is getting an Indoor Football team. Looks like Springdale will have a minor leagues baseball team of some sort in a couple of years along with some other possible teams in other sports in the near future. It would be nice to see I-540 connected to I-44 in Missouri. But up until last year it seemed Missouri didn't place very much imphasis on southwest Missouri. But it looks like that's finally beginning to change.

The Water Park is a dead project right now, because Pinnacle can't get off their fancy chairs and find a site. They've been searching over a year for a site.

I know Fayetteville is getting a National Indoor Football League Franchise, Springdale is being looked at for Minor League Baseball in the Texas League, as well as Minor League Hockey.

I agree about Wal-Mart needing a new Home Office, because it's not the nicest looking building. Heck, even if they built a 40 story tower, that would be pretty cool.

The Water Park is a dead project right now, because Pinnacle can't get off their fancy chairs and find a site. They've been searching over a year for a site.

I agree about Wal-Mart needing a new Home Office, because it's not the nicest looking building. Heck, even if they built a 40 story tower, that would be pretty cool.

I guess no one wants to build a water park in Fayetteville anymore. Too bad, although I admit most of the growth is occuring in Benton County so I can see why they'd prefer it up there. I didn't get around to answering about the Wal-mart headquarters. While it would be nice I doubt they'll do much. Wal-mart is know for being tight with it's money and I don't see them spending the money building anything new, especially building anything up.

I guess no one wants to build a water park in Fayetteville anymore. Too bad, although I admit most of the growth is occuring in Benton County so I can see why they'd prefer it up there. I didn't get around to answering about the Wal-mart headquarters. While it would be nice I doubt they'll do much. Wal-mart is know for being tight with it's money and I don't see them spending the money building anything new, especially building anything up.

Wal-Mart is changing their image... when they build new stores in nicer parts of town they work with the community to build their store to match the image the community maintains. As for being tight with money why is Wal-Mart spending millions of dollars on LCD television screens at every checkout lane in their Supercenters? Maybe if our communty asks Wal-Mart to renovate their image in Bentonville they may consider it. Besides, Wal-Mart just announced yesterday on nationwide TV that they are going to upscale their products so why not upscale their Home Office.

I'm not saying they would do it, but being a Wal-Mart vendor I know that Wal-Mart keeps running out of room in their Home Office and the David Glass building on Moberly. They never plan ahead for growth and now growth is catching up to them. One would think a 40 story office building would allow them to grow exponentially and also allow some of their favorite vendors and suppliers to lease space on the lower floors of the building.

Archived