Transportation Projects, Roads, Light Rail, etc

mcheiss

Future Proposed Northwest Arkansas Transportation Projects  

103 members have voted

1. 1. Which Project is the best option for the future of Northwest Arkansas?

• 10 Stop Light Rail System
    • Western Bypass
    • I-540 Improvements (6 to 8 lanes)
    • Eastern Parkway
    • Regionwide Bus Service
    • Pedestrian Facilities
    • Bicycle Facilities
    • Ride Share Programs

The Routes in Rogers do terrible. On an average there is less than 10 people a day.

I admit I have no idea how they do here in Fayetteville. They couple of time I was taking daytime pics around downtown Fayetteville I saw a bus each time. It seems like there were at least ten people riding on both occasions. Granted it was also the weekend, not sure if that makes much of a difference or not. How did you find out those numbers? I wouldn't mind seeing what the average is in other cities. Or for that matter just seeing what Razorback Transit does on a typical day.

I admit I have no idea how they do here in Fayetteville. They couple of time I was taking daytime pics around downtown Fayetteville I saw a bus each time. It seems like there were at least ten people riding on both occasions. Granted it was also the weekend, not sure if that makes much of a difference or not. How did you find out those numbers? I wouldn't mind seeing what the average is in other cities. Or for that matter just seeing what Razorback Transit does on a typical day.

They were in the paper a few days ago.

I think Bentonville averages over 50 a day though.

Since we were talking about ORT I saw one of their commercials again. They don't do it always but they seem to be on NBC a bit especially when the KNWA news is on.

I think we still need billboards and radio broadcasts in Spanish and English.

But it is welcome news to hear that they are advertising.

Great thanks for the info, I've been wondering about that. Obviously one things that hurts things here in NWA is the fact that you've got 4 different cities spread out. Although that may sound like a good place for a bus system to do well I think they are too far apart to really function very well at the moment with the size of population we have.

Great thanks for the info, I've been wondering about that. Obviously one things that hurts things here in NWA is the fact that you've got 4 different cities spread out. Although that may sound like a good place for a bus system to do well I think they are too far apart to really function very well at the moment with the size of population we have.

Yes, Density kills us here.

I think Tyson and other employers need to take a better look at this system. We need more advertisement, bus stops, billboards, etc.

Yes, Density kills us here.

I think Tyson and other employers need to take a better look at this system. We need more advertisement, bus stops, billboards, etc.

Is Springdale the only city up here that allows billboards? I mean of the main cities that is. I've seen some of the smaller ones allow some.

Well the highway and education issues were voted down apparently. Governor Huckabee had travelled around central and northeast Arkansas to help push for the issues. I got the impression he didn't come to northwest Arkansas because he felt that they would be more likely to be passed here. But they weren't. While I wasn't too surprised they weren't passed I was surprised that northwest Arkansas voted down the highway bond issue. An area that could have benefited from such an issue. I can see people's views against it, but just surprised there wasn't more support for it here in northwest Arkansas.

Actually Yes.

Some of the Restaurants like the Plaza, and even the Market before they went out of business had professional like commercials.

Can't say I'd seen any of those. But I think I may have seen a decent commercial or two from local places. But I guess I just always thought of those as being exceptions. There's your bad local commercials and then there's some that are really bad. How about those with the really had sound quality, or the really horrible sound effects. :lol:

Actually Yes.

Some of the Restaurants like the Plaza, and even the Market before they went out of business had professional like commercials.

Tell ya this much, if i see another commerical with that guy swinging his arm for either the furniture store up in bentonville or take 2 video...I am going to go crazy...I can not stand that guy and the commericals he is in.

• 4 weeks later...

The City of Lowell has now decided to take an election regarding wether a permanet line for Ozark Regional Transit should be implamented. This would be a connection line between Rogers and Springdale.

I'm sure a lot of people may use it to commute to work but will there be a connection to Northwest Arkansas Mall? I'd ride to the mall just to save on gas and road rage.

I'm sure a lot of people may use it to commute to work but will there be a connection to Northwest Arkansas Mall? I'd ride to the mall just to save on gas and road rage.

Well, I suppose you could ride the South Rogers Route to this new Lowell Route, which would then direct you to the East Springdale route, which on it's last stop takes you to the NWA Mall. It would take a while, but you would save gas. :D