StarMetro

Florida

The first aloft hotels are scheduled to open in Lexington, Mass., Tucson, Ariz., Cherry Creek, Colo., and the San Francisco and Philadelphia airports, and are available for franchising. Starwood predicts that by 2012, there will be 500 aloft properties worldwide.

Uh, technically it's aloft.................... :shades:

:D

• Replies 579
  • Created
  • Last Reply

StarMetro is looking to sell the property to the CRA for a parking garage development. The feds don't like using federal TRANSIT money to fund parking projects. We are not sure yet what the funds will be used for, part will be for C.K Steele redevelopment.

As for those federal grants mentioned. They will be redirected into a similar project.

As for WiFi ToolMan, too much work and not enough time in the day.

StarMetro is looking to sell the property to the CRA for a parking garage development. The feds don't like using federal TRANSIT money to fund parking projects. We are not sure yet what the funds will be used for, part will be for C.K Steele redevelopment.

As for those federal grants mentioned. They will be redirected into a similar project.

As for WiFi ToolMan, too much work and not enough time in the day.

There was mention in the past of building a parking garage there to house some of the city's bus fleet. I think that was how they were going to justify the spending a few years back, but this is casual talk from someone I used to work for at the city. I even had a rendering for what they planned to do. Golly, I wish I still had it!

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
I rode it today while heading out on Miccousukee (route 4)! I am telling you this is Star Metro first class. The seats were very very comfortable!!! And the bus well air-conditioned! And when you the stop request signal shows up, its in a black background with red lettering. I thought that was so cool!!! I don't all the routes that have these new buses but I do know for sure that routes 4 and 9 have em. I also saw the pepsi bus, it's ok. It wasn't nothing to spectacular, but then again I am a coke guy. Also have any one noticed the new star metro signage downtown?

Cityboy, thanks for that report. Are we talking Bus Stops or Signage at the Terminal Plaza? I've noticed the 80X signs, but that's it as far as new signs go.

So you think we need a Coke bus too!? I've got to see this Pepsi cruiser! Can't wait to see the new buses also. Thanks for the notice jpl.

I finally saw the new bus, and it was nice! :) It's going to take some getting used to those new buses with that length.

What is it going to take to get the trolley to run the downtown tour route again, between the Downtown Museums and the Governor's Mansion? That was part of the Charm downtown used to have.

The city sure is dishing out the money for StarMetro! Great to see so many great things taking place. I wonder why something similar isn't happening with the Airport... but fear not, I think SkyDave and I are getting the wheel rolling on that! Expect a reveal sometime in the future.

Archived