StarMetro

Florida

^No, this isn't one of those older buses. This one is new.

Oh, you must mean 0101, yeah that bus is tacky! I wonder why they painted it like that, with it being a newer bus.

StarMetro needs to start removing all the posters and other stuff inside the bus that still says TalTran. It's minor, but it goes a long way in reinforcing the new name. I know that on those 94 Flyers, they had these laminated signs that were left over from when the buses were at MARTA. It lists a customer service number as 404-848-5000. I don't think we're in Atlanta anymore, Dorothy! :lol:

One side note.....I noticed that the Park Avenue Diner at FSU now has advertisements on the buses. The Diner is awful awful! They must need new patrons....I wouldn't eat at the palce!

• Replies 579
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've heard the same about that diner. I'd never eat their because I don't like being at the school that much. As far as the bus ads, I'm a bit disappointed that the only major advertisement I've seen has been for Florida Commerce. I was hoping to see more companies jump on by now. At least a car dealership or so.

Can't wait to see it.

BTW, I love this Ron Garrison. He's really moved StarMetro up to the next level with his informational pieces on WCOT. I like the montly updates that he announced and the information being put out to the public on that channel.

If only there were someone at the Airport with the brains to do the same. :whistling:

I've heard the same about that diner. I'd never eat their because I don't like being at the school that much. As far as the bus ads, I'm a bit disappointed that the only major advertisement I've seen has been for Florida Commerce. I was hoping to see more companies jump on by now. At least a car dealership or so.

We (FCCU's agency) are quite pleased that we continue to be the exclusive advertiser with full wraps. I think it is just a matter of finding the right fit, and we will not be alone for too much longer.

I *was* planning to go to City Hall to see and photograph the buses, but I had to do an emergency errand for a friend. BUT, I did see one of the new 30 footers on Woodward Avenue today. It was either Route 20 or 23, but the bus did look NICE! :D

• 4 weeks later...

'James Bond' buses in city's expanded fleet

SouthWood, FSU on their routes

FSUBus.jpg

By Julian Pecquet

and Samantha Luck

DEMOCRAT STAFF WRITERS

New designs, new colors and new technologies soon will be flowing through the streets of Tallahassee, courtesy of the city's transit department.

This month, StarMetro will roll out nine newly acquired buses - some featuring new designs and technologies to attract Florida State University students, others shaped like space shuttles to inaugurate the city's first bus route to SouthWood.

See TDO.com for the rest of Story

That is one fine looking bus! I had no idea FSU was coming out with a new paint job for the buses, but I'm lovin it! It sure beats the plain old garnet and gold stripes!

I cannot wait until I get to ride one of these babies :D

StarMetro is shooting 2 television commercials in SouthWood today. The new service between SouthWood, Koger Center & Downtown is scheduled to begin on August 28th. I saw the crew all around Town Center earlier today.

Toolman, Is it your firm that's shooting these new commercials for StarMetro?

StarMetro is shooting 2 television commercials in SouthWood today. The new service between SouthWood, Koger Center & Downtown is scheduled to begin on August 28th. I saw the crew all around Town Center earlier today.

Toolman, Is it your firm that's shooting these new commercials for StarMetro?

It is indeed. This is our first project for StarMetro. We tried to have a little fun with the "shuttle" idea. Look for them in a week or two.

• 2 weeks later...

The new FSU buses are out and running on the FSU campus today. And the new SouthWood commercial is on the air now.

You have any idea what stations are running the commercials and maybe the time periods? Love to see them, but to do that, I'll have to stop my "beloved DVR."

You have any idea what stations are running the commercials and maybe the time periods? Love to see them, but to do that, I'll have to stop my "beloved DVR."

You and that darn DVR!!! I saw the commercial on WCTV Friday or Saturday night. At first I'm thinking to myself, "Why is there a space man standing out in the hot sun?" then it hit me when the bus appeared!! :D Very nice commercial. I think it will work.

As far as the Capital Health Plan busses, I've seen them also. I saw an Old School bus fully covered in blue and green, and a new school bus (2005 Gillig) with mostly blue. Both buses looked great. I've also seen a few smaller ads on a couple other buses. I wish I had my camera with me. I would have taken shots for you all!

I got the chance to ride both 0604 and 0605 today. VERY NICE buses! They have garnet plush seating with the Seminole head embroidered into the seat backs. The buses handle great, turn better, are faster, and can stop on a dime, as witnessed by my driver speeding down the hill on St. Augustine only to hit the brakes when the light suddenly changed at Woodward. I've never seen a bus stop so quickly in my life!

There are no fare boxes in the buses yet, but will be installed later. They each have about 2,700 miles on them, racked up being driven from the Gillig factory in California (Bay Area) to Tallahassee. Both of the drivers loved them, as I sure do. I know I've said it before, but Gillig makes a very fine bus! :D

Let's see if I can save you some of the DVR trouble...

So who's the projected demographic for the new Southwood routes?

Great work on the ad btw. Best work I've seen out of the TLH metro in a long time. I'm very currious how the SUV crowd in Southwood is going to use this. If I lived there, I'd be riding it every time I went to the city. Is it intermodal?

Archived