StarMetro

Florida

• Replies 579
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

Update:

StarMetro is considering changing two routes, along with the new 80X express to Bradfordville

Route 25 - Considering adding another bus to make the frequency every 30 minutes as opposed to an hour. It would also discontinue the loop on Old St. Augustine, instead turning onto Apalachee Parkway. Also - sidewalks are coming to Apalachee Parkway, from Blair Stone to Linda Ann Drive I believe.

Route 26 - Considering not going into Governor's Square. Also considering going down Paul Russell, Orange, and up Blair Stone again.

Route 80X - The route is being extended to Bradfordville to serve the new park-n-rides. It'll make stops at the Bradfordville Target, Walmart, Fresh Market, Gardenia, and a couple other spots along Thomasville Road before going to the plaza. Then it'll go to Southwood along the current alignment.

All the changes wouldn't occur to December when the drivers re-bid on the routes.

I think all of this sounds great. Getting the 26 out of the mall is a good thing, since it just eats up valuable time!

I'm continuing to be impressed with StarMetro, they are definitely going in a great direction. :D

Ok... that was I was trying to get. There's no Card Verification machine, the driver simply looks at the card. That's the way it worked when I was still in school and riding the buses, I just wanted to verify that they haven't yet implemented some sort of fancy card reading system on the buses.

Thanks Capefish!

Support Tallahassee Commuter Choices Week

ccw07_03.gif

October 30 - November 2

It is a perfect opportunity to change your commuting habits over the four-day period - and who knows - it may become a habit.

Commuting with a co-worker, walking, biking, or Public Transit (StarMetro) are some of the ways to observe the "Green Means Go"campaign designed to help the environment by ysing less fuel, reducing vehicle air emissions and therefore improving air quality.

to learn more visit: www.commuterservices.org

Green Means Go Schedule:

Monday - October 29, 2007

MAYOR KICKOFF BREAKFAST AT KLEMAN PLAZA

• Kickoff Luncheon at Kleman Plaza

Tuesday - October 30, 2007

URBAN MORNING BIKE RIDE DAY

• Post-Ride Breakfast

Wednesday - October 31, 2007

CARPOOLING DAY

• Lunch at Capital Circle Office Complex (Southwood)

Thursday - November 1, 2007

STUDENT COMMUTER DAY

[*]Florida State University Campus Rally at Oglesby Union

Friday - November 2, 2007

STARMETRO RIDE FREE DAY

[*]80X Route Demonstration from Bradfordville to Downtown

[*]Free StarMetro Bus Rides All day (and they better be free for everyone!)

[*]Lunch/Events at Kleman Plaza

Well we have those, but those are just a few of the campus buses. The rest of them are the older ones. And the ones FAMU appears to be getting are larger capacity!

I understand there are limited resources, so I'm not that mad, just annoyed. I was wondering if FAMU would ever get buses in their own livery, but here they are. It looks good too!

Archived